365 Days on MFP.......

shan_reg
shan_reg Posts: 80 Member
Some thoughts that have been running through my head over the past few weeks or so. Lots of things are different for me in the last 18 months - even more in the last 365 days here on MFP. Below is a not even close to complete list; just part of my story.

I no longer have achy hips, knees, and ankles
I no longer wear size 54,52,50,48,46,44,42, or 40 pants
I no longer wear size 5x,4x,3x, or 2x shirts
I no longer take 6,5,4,3,2, or 1 blood pressure meds
I no longer am on the brink of being prediabetic
I no longer sit out of family activities
I no longer make excuses to not go places
I no longer look for the closest parking place at a store
I no longer shop at the big and tall section
I no longer get angry at the idea of having to get up out of a chair
I no longer seek out the largest chair to sit in
I no longer fear sitting in a coach airline seat(I do fear crying babies)
I no longer dread stairs
I no longer avoid the subject of fitness
I no longer wear my shirts untucked unless I choose to

I am 180lbs lighter (still wrapping my head around that)
I am healthier than I’ve ever been in my adult life
I am a good example to my two sons
I am an inspiration to others (they’ve told me so)
I am a different person (still getting used to that)
I am able to do 3-5 miles a day on the treadmill with no problem
I am able to lift weights 5 Days a week
I am able to walk/run with no inner leg friction

Replies

• JR188
    JR188 Posts: 14 Member
    Very inspiring, congrats on all you have achieved!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Nice!
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    Congratulations! Some amazing benefits listed there. I lost 45 lbs and then gained back 30 (I blamed severe hip pain that took ages to resolve). I got back on the treadmill and am now on my way down again. It is so good to say goodbye to the raging heartburn I got whenever I had to bend down for housework or gardening.
  • thesnackmonster
    thesnackmonster Posts: 78 Member
    Bless you. I love reading the success stories!
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Thank you for posting this! Im hoping that if I lose weight the pain will improve.
    You are amazing
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    A pretty awesome list! Congratulations!
  • JDSapp4585
    JDSapp4585 Posts: 29 Member
    Congratulations to you! That's an incredible success to achieve and you did it! I enjoyed reading some of your notations and if you don't mind me adding one of mine, it's something that's been on my mind the last several weeks at bedtime but with the 45# I've lost I can now feel my ribs/ribcage when I lay down at night and sometimes I find myself unable to go to sleep as I'm just there feeling them thinking to myself "Wow, this is an amazing feeling."

Lol kinda weird maybe but something that's been on my mind having carried so much extra weight since childhood and not ever remembering feeling them.

Again, congratulations!
  • shan_reg
    shan_reg Posts: 80 Member
    I can relate to that. For many years that was not something I even thought about....but I’m right there with you. Congratulations to you as well.

JDSapp4585 wrote: »
    Congratulations to you! That's an incredible success to achieve and you did it! I enjoyed reading some of your notations and if you don't mind me adding one of mine, it's something that's been on my mind the last several weeks at bedtime but with the 45# I've lost I can now feel my ribs/ribcage when I lay down at night and sometimes I find myself unable to go to sleep as I'm just there feeling them thinking to myself "Wow, this is an amazing feeling."

Lol kinda weird maybe but something that's been on my mind having carried so much extra weight since childhood and not ever remembering feeling them.

Again, congratulations!

• Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Great story and great results, congratulations :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!