Anyone up for some Before/After pic comparison? (Spring-Summer '18)

Replies

• Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited May 2018
    Tough area to bring detail to, but I can definitely see some lines shaping up (determined). This is somewhat of a "stubborn" area for myself (or I just suck at posing,lol); also poor pic quality from an outdated phone (Still boycotting a certain company...)
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    fb47 wrote: »
    u73hcrxq9m62.jpg

I'm really impressed. You've foun done an amazing job and you look fantastic.
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    u73hcrxq9m62.jpg

Thanks, I just got back from a cruise, my weight spiralled to 170 lbs, so it means another cut will be starting soon. If I built muscles, hopefully I'll get my lean look, but at a heavier weight (158 lbs maybe??).
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    @fb47 = perfect example of what a natural weighs when leanest (a lot less than people expect).
    Master of illusions...I take it you're in that 5'8''-5'10'' range?
    <- Leanest @ ~160lbs, yet 6'0''
  • fb47
    edited May 2018
    @fb47 = perfect example of what a natural weighs when leanest (a lot less than people expect).
    Master of illusions...I take it you're in that 5'8''-5'10'' range?
    <- Leanest @ ~160lbs, yet 6'0''

5'9"
  • Davidsdottir
    u73hcrxq9m62.jpg

Thanks, I just got back from a cruise, my weight spiralled to 170 lbs, so it means another cut will be starting soon. If I built muscles, hopefully I'll get my lean look, but at a heavier weight (158 lbs maybe??).

I think you look perfect in the 165 pic
  • fb47
    u73hcrxq9m62.jpg

Thanks, but I like to go low so I can bulk for a long time. My current bulk which is about to end has lasted 1 year. I could maintain at 165 lbs, but I have only 5 years of lifting under my belt, I am still not near my maximum muscle potential and the recomp process would be very slow at this stage.
  • Davidsdottir
    u73hcrxq9m62.jpg

Thanks, but I like to go low so I can bulk for a long time. My current bulk which is about to end has lasted 1 year. I could maintain at 165 lbs, but I have only 5 years of lifting under my belt, I am still not near my maximum muscle potential and the recomp process would be very slow at this stage.

I get that. I just finished a 6.5-month bulk and I refuse to cut. Everytime I've cut after a bulk, I feel like I've ended up back at the start and I wonder if I even did anything, which is why I'm going to try to recomp.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    @fb47 I like how you were able to keep ab definition with the 12 lb gain. Good job!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Fantastic work @fb47

Love the photos and seeing the weight changes as you progress.
  • fb47
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Fantastic work @fb47

Love the photos and seeing the weight changes as you progress.

Thanks Stef
  • sardelsa
    u73hcrxq9m62.jpg

I get that. I just finished a 6.5-month bulk and I refuse to cut. Everytime I've cut after a bulk, I feel like I've ended up back at the start and I wonder if I even did anything, which is why I'm going to try to recomp.

Do you think you lost muscle when you cut in the past or maybe didn't build as much as you thought? Or maybe you can't see a difference because you see yourself all the time.. how about when you compare photos? Anyhow I think since you are still lean recomping is going to be great, I think you will be very happy with the results.
  • Hungry_Shopgirl
    Hungry_Shopgirl Posts: 329 Member
    I am just wrapping up my bulk so my results are going from lean to not so lean but just to give people an idea of what they can expect when they bulk.

So this is about 7 months between left and right photos, 14lbs gained. I think I did ok, but we will see what I really built after I cut.

tfa9l7eeglib.jpg

Ok so first of all, you look amazing! Congrats!

Second, are those Bowflex adjustable dumbbells I see behind you? I've been looking into getting them since I workout from home. How are they working out for you? Is it a pain to switch between weights?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    I am just wrapping up my bulk so my results are going from lean to not so lean but just to give people an idea of what they can expect when they bulk.

So this is about 7 months between left and right photos, 14lbs gained. I think I did ok, but we will see what I really built after I cut.

tfa9l7eeglib.jpg

Second, are those Bowflex adjustable dumbbells I see behind you? I've been looking into getting them since I workout from home. How are they working out for you? Is it a pain to switch between weights?

I have them and they work well.. the only issue I had with them was i out grew the weight.
  • sardelsa

tfa9l7eeglib.jpg

Thanks!

Yea they are pretty good had them for years now. They only go up to 52.5lb each but I also use barbells so the weight limit hasn't been an issue for me (yet). I think it depends what kind of program you are doing, but it hasn't been too bad to switch for me.
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    brdz75p0y6ku.png

My "before" pic and me currently... work in progress.. down about 70 lb

Are you kidding me? This is a mother and daughter, right??? Wow. Amazing!!!! Way to go!!!!
  • Davidsdottir
    u73hcrxq9m62.jpg

Do you think you lost muscle when you cut in the past or maybe didn't build as much as you thought? Or maybe you can't see a difference because you see yourself all the time.. how about when you compare photos? Anyhow I think since you are still lean recomping is going to be great, I think you will be very happy with the results.

Well, my first bulk I went from 114 lbs up to 126 and then cut just a couple of pounds. The subsequent bulks I did I think I just spun my wheels. This one was a lot like my first, but even better. I know there's a difference, but it's hard to see on myself.