Short girls (5'2 and under) who are looking to lose 50+ pounds

Replies

• Megz2006
    Megz2006 Posts: 122 Member
    Hi! I'm 5'2" and looking to lose 50 pounds to start. I have currently lost 13, so hopefully I can keep the momentum going now that I am on track with eating. Feel free to add me!
  • squeaker87
    squeaker87 Posts: 82 Member
    5’ 2” looking to lose 60-70 lbs. and also have a baby. Should be interesting.
  • jennabun101
    jennabun101 Posts: 54 Member
    5 foot nothin' and looking to lose at least 50 overall. We shorties have to stick together.
  • jbrooks3645
    jbrooks3645 Posts: 76 Member
    Hi all! 5 1 here 182lbs want to get down to atleast 130lbs. I have been searching discussions ppl put up abt being short and weight loss and I have to say I'm getting a little discouraged seeing ppl that are short and close to their goal weight saying they are maintaining their weight at 1100 to 1200 calories if this is gonna be true for me I kno i will gain bec I couldn't possibly eat that low just to stay the same weight. Anyone have any good news on this?
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    4 11 and 188. I started at 224 and was down to 151.
  • redeyedangel
    redeyedangel Posts: 1 Member
    I am 5'2 and I need to lose at least 40 pounds. I am 141 lbs and my doctor is very concerned about my weight
  • growinggodlygirls
    growinggodlygirls Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I’m 45, 5’1 and weigh 175! My goal is 130 lb. Any friends and support would be nice.
  • dotcallis
    dotcallis Posts: 1 Member
    Why is it harder for short women to lose weight. I'm struggling cos I'm 68 and older women losing weight I can understand - have plateau-ed and not lost anything for the last few weeks.
  • dunkind45
    dunkind45 Posts: 110 Member
    5'4 is considered tall?! well yay me!! Not 5'2 or under but I am looking to lose more than 50 lbs too.
  • lindsay9898
    lindsay9898 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi I am just starting out. I am 4ft 10.5 and need to lose 44lbs. I have PCOS, a history of eating disorder as a teen and a complete emotional relationship with food, oh and I am just shy of 40. I am going to need all of the support I can get
  • kykels72
    kykels72 Posts: 2 Member
    4'11 and 183. I now have diabetes...I need to make some changes fast! Would love to weigh 125-130, but most of all I need to get healthy.
  • Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    I am 5'2 and I need to lose at least 40 pounds. I am 141 lbs and my doctor is very concerned about my weight

Is this a typo? You weigh 141lbs and need to lose 40lbs? You're at a healthy weight now, why is the doctor concerned??
  • Jadub729
    dotcallis wrote: »
    Why is it harder for short women to lose weight. I'm struggling cos I'm 68 and older women losing weight I can understand - have plateau-ed and not lost anything for the last few weeks.

Because we require less calories, being older you require even fewer. It's a struggle for sure. My advice would be try to burn more by being more active so you can eat more
  • Jadub729
    5'2 SW 177
    CW 167
    GW 140ish

I'm getting my 10k steps per day (actually more like 12-15k) doing cardio 2-3 times a week and strength training 2-3 times a week.

I'm averaging about 1500-1700 calories per day. The scale hasn't been my friend the last couple weeks, down 3, up 2, down 1, up 4. Its frustrating and exhausting but no point in giving up.
  • pvs1357
    pvs1357 Posts: 6 Member
    It's like this thread was made for me. I am 5'1". I would like to lost 40 lbs. Fitness is my friend. I work out daily. Currently doing a second round of 80 Day Obsession by Beachbody On Demand. I gained this weight and I can not seem to drop it. I eat well especially during the week but the weekends...FORGET IT.
    I would love to connect with people!
  • asia_shrinks
    asia_shrinks Posts: 1 Member
    This is my first post ever! I'm 5'1", weigh 178. I've lost 17 lbs this year and it's been tough! Goal weight is 140.
  • escapebooks
    escapebooks Posts: 4 Member
    I'm just shy of 5' and weighed in at 174 this morning. Looking to lose at least 50 lbs. Goal weight is 115-125, a number I haven't seen since I was about 13!
  • CAG1983
    CAG1983 Posts: 11 Member
    I'm 5'1" and weighed in at 244 yesterday. Starting tracking from tomorrow and already worrying. No idea on a goal weight just yet, just want to lose some weight.

I've been up and down with my weight over the years but the killer blow was a year ago when in a car accident. Six months of not moving, unable to walk and lots of weight gaining medication and I'm at my heaviest ever.

Unsure if this will work for me, I'm a very fussy eater but what have I got to lose?