Monthly Strength Training Check In (with pictures), Join Me

Replies

• Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    @andreascjonsson I have put the previous and latest images next to each other for you, definite improvement can be seen in the arms , shoulder and stomach areas.m6dx3648enq6.png

• andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    @Styggian
    Haha, thanks! That actually helped alot. You even added the dates :D
  • Styggian
    @andreascjonsson Your welcome :)
  • Styggian
    edited May 2018
    Month 6 check in, The Good, the bad and ugly.

The weather improved so my bike rides and walks became longer. I got stronger and my new press up record is 22.

Obviously this is England and the weather turned, which meant my activity level dropped off. A few social events and my WT crept up to 68Kg, after tonight my social diary is empty, so next month my WT should be 65Kg or less.

While doing press-ups I glanced at my stomach area, where gravity had the most effect on my loose skin, meedless to say I won't be going topless in public anytime soon :)

Going forward am going to give myself a goal each month, at the moment my goal gets changed everytime I read something new. This months goal will be to work on my abs.

Am going to find a plan for strength training days and cardio days.

So for the Photos comparison, This mornings WT was 66Kg is there a difference ?

As ever, I declare in the 2018 photos, I am flexing, sucking my stomach in but no Photo enhancements used.
    ejdvqq37h3kn.png

• andreascjonsson
    You look good at 66, and compared to you pic from dec it looks like you have improved all areas. Shoulders arms pectorials and stomache looks better. To bad about the skin hanging or it looke like you would have visible abs too. But the stomache to, is clearly improved.... Ye its good to add short term goals to the long term ones ^^ Its also great that besides looking better you are also improving your strenght alot. I always feel lazy when i compare myself to you :P
  • andreascjonsson
    0lsfsj4bhpxn.jpg
  • andreascjonsson
    edited May 2018
    im pretty happy with this month progress pictures actually ^^ they got abit small though
  • Styggian
    Wow nice upper body is taking on the shape of Wolverine, v nice am going to have to try harder :)
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    im pretty happy with this month progress pictures actually ^^ they got abit small though

Must be all that blood pudding helping!
  • andreascjonsson
    edited May 2018
    kpsyche wrote: »

How do you know i eat lots of blood pudding? o_O And ye, i do love my blood pudding!
  • kpsyche
    kpsyche wrote: »

How do you know i eat lots of blood pudding? o_O And ye, i do love my blood pudding!

Umm, it's in your diary? :)
  • eleiter69
    eleiter69 Posts: 7 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    Well done - here's a tip for you....
    Don't do push ups from your knees, go to the bottom of your stairs and place your hands on the step where you can manage 8 - 10 push ups. Engages your core better and nice easy progression as you get stronger - simply go down one step at a time.

Oh, thank you for that tip!! I have been doing pushups from my knees for years and never been able to progress to full pushups. I'm going to try this!
  • Styggian
    Month 7 check in, From good to nightmare.

First two weeks of the month I did fairly well started to do sit-ups on a fairly regular basis.

Unfortunately I came off my bicycle, though not a particularly spectacular crash, but one of those accidents where I hit a vulnerable place at the right angle to cause maximum damage.

I broke something near my right ear, this effects my balance and if I move too fast I get dizzy and the urge to vomit.

After four days the hospital, I was discharged, assured I should self heal in about two to three months.

Another side effect of the accident is my legs are very weak and I get sharp 'nerve' pain if I stretch them.

So that's my excuse for not exercising for over two weeks.

Got a doctor's appointment tomorrow hopefully I will get some kind of remedy or more information about my constant pain.

So for the Photos comparison, taken after breakfast and not much activity for the last two weeks am feeling bloated and not very motivational. WT is closer to 68Kg rather than the 66.

Definitely no photo enhancements used, tried to flex my muscles but not getting great results, will have to put this down as a 'recovery month'chznrx7wphl5.png

• Styggian
    @andreascjonsson Looking at the comparison images, your ribs are more prominent, a couple more months and you will be looking like Bruce Lee :)
    dq0abh7pbsis.png
    by5q3snzrwav.png

• andreascjonsson
    Styggian wrote: »
    @andreascjonsson Looking at the comparison images, your ribs are more prominent, a couple more months and you will be looking like Bruce Lee :)
    dq0abh7pbsis.png
    by5q3snzrwav.png

Thanks for the help :) i forgot to say that i wanted the 3 relaxed stance pics togheter and the 3 flexes pics togheter but this works 2 :p
  • Styggian
    Month 8 check in, slow recovery phase

First two weeks of the month, I was in quite some pain, the best position that caused the least amount of distress was sitting down.

Initially I just watched random youtube videos, but the process of 'thinking' seemed painful, so I installed a old computer game and played it on 'autopilot'.

After about two weeks I started to go for 'wobbly' morning walks. Also have managed to become addicted to the old computer game. Something I will sort out later.

Now I can walk the pre-accident distance in my usual time. However some days am a bit 'wobbly' but I seem to feel stronger, it's noticeable on hills as am not struggling.

Not really focused on my diet, the accident caused the loss of my sense of smell and has diminished my sense of taste.

I have been trying to eat protein, for some reason am staying away from hot meals. Thursdays is my shopping day and I seem to buy some sugary stuff biscuits/chocolate and indulge.

My WT this morning was 69Kg, looking at the photos, the extra weight can be seen around my stomach.

The aim this month is to put in a regular second after lunch walk.

So for the Photos comparison, my official WT was 69Kg which is the result of a very sedimentary month and a relaxed diet regime.

Again definitely no photo enhancements used, flexing my flabby muscles, in the right angle and light condition they look bulkier than my previous efforts.

Obviously I selected the most flattering images for the comparison, Is this cheating ? ;)

yntqnmttqotq.png

• darla499
    darla499 Posts: 402 Member
    @Styggian I'm so glad I found this. I've lost over 180 pounds and not quite ready for photos. I'm really happy looking in the mirror when I'm fully clothed and wearing compression garments. But when I'm "all out there" looking at myself before and after my showers, it's not pretty. I was recently diagnosed with liver failure and when in a decompensated state can blow up by 40 pounds of fluid in a week, which does nothing for skin elasticity. I've started some basic strength training (using a band) and plan on working up. I'll keep up on your progress and use it for motivation to keep increasing my own goals. Thanks! Great work!
  • kpsyche
    @Styggian Good on you for sticking to your guns (goal/commitment) and posting the progress even though you've had a bad time since the accident. Don't be too hard on yourself though -- I can barely notice the difference even though the scales don't lie (I guess they don't... maybe they do!) -- and circumstances were beyond your control. Such is life ;)
  • andreascjonsson
    edited July 2018
    @Styggian I think most of us choose the most flattering picks. :sweat_smile: . I know i am guilty of that the times i care about taking several picks. Even though you migh have gained a little fat you can also see that you clearly have more muscle now so you shouldnt sweat it to much.

What computer game are you playing? Its good that you keep on going even though you have set-backs like this. Shows a sign of mental fortitude.

I Will be adding my pics soon
  • Styggian
    @darla499 Thanks, your feedback motivates me, so glad you created this 'motivation / feedback loop'. Don't worry about posting pictures, your comments are welcome. Keep well :)

@kpsyche thanks, your comments always make me smile.

@andreascjonsson Thanks will be interesting to see how this extra muscle effects my training. The game is called Runes of Magic, it's about 9 years old and its moved on a lot since I played it, but I stuck to the old content, it acted as an anethestic, be warned if you play it, the end game content is very much 'pay to play' it is possible to get to the and game as a free player but you need to put a lot of time in.

Must admit I am slightly addicted as now am playing just to level up my character rather than avoid real life pain. Am pretty sure once I can step up my activity I will get back on the fitness wagon :)