Calories when sick

Options
Ive been cutting for 2 momths now and I have fever, sore throat and all the *kitten* rn. Should i still eat at a deficit or eat at maintenance?

Replies

• mazcor536
    mazcor536 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Take it easy and give your body the best chance to recover. I’d eat at maintenance for a bit until you’re feeling better. You’ll be burning calories fighting the fever at the mo. Get well soon!
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    I'm usually really strict with my food, but when I'm sick, especially with something like the flu, I eat whatever my body is craving. Cut yourself soone some slack and feel better soon!
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I'd eat at maintenance but try to get some nutritionally packed foods to help your body fight off the infection.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    When you're sick it's probably best to just eat whatever your body will tolerate.
  • Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I tend to drastically undereat when I'm sick due to no appetite. I typically lose a few pounds from dehydration. Just keep yourself hydrated at least, worry about the calories when you're feeling better.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Prioritize health. You need to get back to normal, so eat at maintenance or whatever you need to do to get healthy. Continue your deficit plan once symptoms subside.

I tend to under eat when sick and force fluids - soups, tea, coffee, etc.
  • rachel780mpg
    rachel780mpg Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Starve a fever, feed a cold. Thats what Grandma said.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I've never even considered my calories when I'm sick. I just focus on rest, hydration, and getting better. I usually have little appetite when I'm sick with fever and whatnot.
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    i got over a cold about two weeks ago and I ate at maintenance until I felt better.