What's the best diet or fitness advice you've ever heard?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    - Where in nature is a bread tree?
    - Where in nature does Coca-Cola run like a river?
    - Where in nature can man hunt gummy bears?

This location you're describing sounds ideal. A bread tree would be heavenly.

Mmm... "extremely processed" bread...

My thought, too!
  • quiksylver296
    AnvilHead wrote: »

I'd like to find that Coca Cola river too....as long as it's Diet Coke Zero Sugar.

FTFY
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member

I'd like to find that Coca Cola river too....as long as it's Diet Coke Zero Sugar.

FTFY

Oooh no! Not a Diet Coke v. Cake Zero Sugar debate! The forums can only handle so much. Won't somebody please think of the children?!

I won't debate that one, either is fine with me.

Diet Coke vs. Diet Pepsi.....now them's fightin' words! :D
  • quiksylver296
    edited May 2018

FTFY

Oooh no! Not a Diet Coke v. Cake Zero Sugar debate! The forums can only handle so much. Won't somebody please think of the children?!

Agreed!
  • NextRightThing714
    NextRightThing714 Posts: 355 Member

FTFY

There is CAKE Zero Sugar in this nirvana?!? I am so in!!! :p

A Freudian slip if I ever saw one! There would definitely be zero *calorie* cake in paradise, i.e. bread tree place.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member

FTFY

Diet Dew or nothing. :)
  • stanmann571

I believe RAH(Robert Heinlein) describes such a place in his SF Novel Methuselah's Children.
  • NextRightThing714

I believe RAH(Robert Heinlein) describes such a place in his SF Novel Methuselah's Children.

Nice! Question: did the people (presumably children?) ... did they die from eating from the bread tree? Very concerning.

• stanmann571

Nice! Question: did the people (presumably children?) ... did they die from eating from the bread tree? Very concerning.

1. No, not children(at least not exclusively). The title premise is a multigenerational(200+ year) Mendelean(sp?) experiment involving encouraging long lived people to marry other long lived people, with the hope of identifying the cure to death.
    2. Ultimately the title premise is a largely minor but foundational plot element.
    3. And no, they didn't die, but the emigrated from that planet(ultimately back to earth) for other reasons.

• NextRightThing714

1. No, not children(at least not exclusively). The title premise is a multigenerational(200+ year) Mendelean(sp?) experiment involving encouraging long lived people to marry other long lived people, with the hope of identifying the cure to death.
    2. Ultimately the title premise is a largely minor but foundational plot element.
    3. And no, they didn't die, but the emigrated from that planet(ultimately back to earth) for other reasons.

Phew.
  • layladrew26
    layladrew26 Posts: 111 Member

[/quote]

And extremely processed butter mmmmm