Favorite add in to cottage cheese ?

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Dani9585 wrote: »
    I mix my chocolate flavoured protein powder in with 125mL of 2% cottage cheese! I also add in approx. 10mL of a sugar-free syrup (have used chocolate, but now I'm using caramel!) It's like a semi-chunky pudding! It can be thrown into a blender/ processor for a smooth texture, but I can't be bothered to have the extra dirty dishes lol

I love it!

I've tried this a couple of times recently. It tastes okay, but the protein powder I'm using (Not Just Protein brand) doesn't blend well into the cottage cheese. Some of the powder ends up stuck to the bowl.

What brand do you use? Does it blend in well? Thanks.

• bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    I’ve been adding clementines to mine recently. Soooo good o:)
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Orange Marmalade
  • teeenabeana
    teeenabeana Posts: 92 Member
    cut up tomatoes and freshly cracked black pepper yum!
  • purposeful2018
    purposeful2018 Posts: 8 Member
    A nutritionist told me to add cottage cheese to scrambled eggs. It made them so much better. I know that wasn’t your question.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Dani9585 wrote: »
    I mix my chocolate flavoured protein powder in with 125mL of 2% cottage cheese! I also add in approx. 10mL of a sugar-free syrup (have used chocolate, but now I'm using caramel!) It's like a semi-chunky pudding! It can be thrown into a blender/ processor for a smooth texture, but I can't be bothered to have the extra dirty dishes lol

I love it!

I've tried this a couple of times recently. It tastes okay, but the protein powder I'm using (Not Just Protein brand) doesn't blend well into the cottage cheese. Some of the powder ends up stuck to the bowl.

What brand do you use? Does it blend in well? Thanks.

Right now, I'm using the chocolate Vega powder. I haven't tried the Not Just Protein powder before, so I can't really compare them.

You're right, the powder can be difficult to mix in, and it definitely takes some energy to get it nicely blended. I notice now that I forgot to mention that I'll add a tiny bit of water, just to help blend the protein powder. Sorry for skipping that part. I don't add the water part to my food diary, so I must have just glazed over that detail in my head. I just put in a little from the tap - maybe 2-3 tbsp? I'm not sure, really. I'll mix it, and if I need more, I'll add more.

You could add any liquid though. I keep almond milk on hand. Maybe I will try that sometime.

Anyway, hope you can get it blended nicely and that you enjoy it!
  • cdmalmrose
    cdmalmrose Posts: 29 Member
    Stewed tomatoes
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    C.C is so yummy...I like the dry curd variety (higher protein/super low sodium).
    Sweet - anything you might like from protein/pb powder or reg. pb or cocoa, chocolate, dried fruit or fresh fruit, etc.,
    Savory - again anything goes! veggies, into eggs, hot sauce, etc.,
    It's pretty versatile
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    edited April 2018
    A nutritionist told me to add cottage cheese to scrambled eggs. It made them so much better. I know that wasn’t your question.

I went to a restaurant for a breakfast meeting recently. Great scrambled eggs - much better than the usual restaurant fare. I asked the waitress, "What's the secret?" She said "Cottage cheese and sour cream." Now I've got to try it at home!
  • roscoe2317
    roscoe2317 Posts: 28 Member
    Fresh Cantaloupe! A real treat this time of year.
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Love this thread, going to try some of these for sure! I like it with a drop of vanilla extract and a drizzle of honey
  • beppy952018
    beppy952018 Posts: 1 Member
    Canned peaches are my favorite with cottage cheese.
  • vinceinalabama
    vinceinalabama Posts: 20 Member
    edited May 2018
    I prefer adding a small amount of fruit cocktail(I usually buy the small containers for portion control.) to my large curd cottage cheese. I've also tried adding pineapple tidbits as well. Delicious! Good luck. Btw, I'm new here. :)
  • Annalee82_
    Annalee82_ Posts: 320 Member
    Green onions and cherry tomatoes
  • becarrah
    becarrah Posts: 33 Member
    edited May 2018
    I make a salad using CC, cucumber, grape tomatoes, green onions, olives, and lots of dried thyme.
  • mutantspicy
    mutantspicy Posts: 624 Member
    avocado and almonds and kalamata olives
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Salsa. Or raspberry preserves (but it has to be a lot because I need for the whole thing to taste sweet). Both rarely. I usually eat it plain.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Honey, or fig jam and chopped walnuts. Sometimes flax/chia seeds or a fiber mix, not a favourite but sure helpful.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    On top of sugar free jello!
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    I've been mixing in some cinnamon and raisins or chopped dates lately. It has a very rice pudding-ish vibe.