New member looking for Keto friends to share diary/inspirations

HealthyHottie73
HealthyHottie73 Posts: 54 Member
Hi,
Since March I lost 20lbs eating high carb low fat -1200 calories per day. I wanted to prove to myself that I could lose weight on carbs and eating pasta constantly but I felt not good, I was hungry a lot. I was tired a lot. I took 2 hr naps everyday even with 8-9 hours of sleep at night. Weight loss finally stopped so I decide I am so sick of carbs, and sick of eating unhealthy grains/carbs so I decide I want to go Keto. Started Keto yesterday and looking for inspiration. My fridge is full with proteins and cheese, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, spinach in freezer, healthy fats/ oils on hand. I am Excited to continue my weight loss journey in a more healthy and positive way.

Replies

• Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Feel free to check out my diary. I eat a lot of vegetables, fish and poultry and cheese and nuts. (Not a beef or steak eater by preference). There is a period when you might feel weaker on keto but for me that lasted around a week. I have much more energy and am very satisfied on keto,.
  • aluhsin
    aluhsin Posts: 46 Member
    Feel free to add me. I’ve lost 100 lbs on Keto and my diary is open...I eat a lot of eggs and cheese!
  • hpaige28
    hpaige28 Posts: 15 Member
    Do you take any supplements or vitamins
  • Bill_Keto
    Bill_Keto Posts: 108 Member
    always open to Keto Friends My diary is open to friends. Nothing today or yesterday I am on a Fast.
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    I've added you. Anyone else feel free to add me too :-)
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Hope things are going well for you! I'm not keto as my fat % is a bit lower than most, but I'm still low carb. Great to meet you.
  • lovelace7399
    lovelace7399 Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2018
    I just started Keto a few days ago and I've lost a few pounds already but I'm staying so exhausted. I'm really feel like this diet may work for me though so I'm excited to continue it. I'm having difficulty with what foods to eat, I don't like veggies at all. Hoping to get some idea's from this group. I need some friends so please feel free to add me.
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    Just be sure to pay attention to your electrolyte intake, especially SODIUM and especially in the early days of doing keto. The exhaustion will pass as long as your sodium level is kept at a higher level.

Get other keto friends and look at their diaries for good ideas, and don't be afraid to keep your keto menu simple in the beginning. Going from the junk food, SAD to keto is a big change so give your body time to make the switch. AND WELCOME :)
  • erbear117
    erbear117 Posts: 62 Member
    Feel free to add me!
  • kellyjw84
    kellyjw84 Posts: 24 Member
    Anyone can add me as well. I'm new to keto and could use all the inspiration I can get!
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    I'm sporadic with my logging, but I'm pretty reliable for liking and commenting! Feel free to add me =)
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    You can always sneak some veggies in by adding cauliflower rice instead of hashbrowns to an egg dish for example or a little bit of spinache or kale to a smoothie of almond milk & berries. Just some ideas if you want to have the benefits of veggies without tasting them. Over time you may even learn to enjoy them if you give your taste buds time to adapt.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Heheh, zucchini can be hidden in anything especially if shredded - also if you slice thinly into coins and add your favorite sweetner and lots of cinnamon and a bit of clove then bake or broil - tastes like baked apples/pie filling, you can top with toasted walnuts too for a treat. If the green skin turns you off just peel, although most of the vitamins in fruit & veg are just under the skin.
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Feel free to add me too. I've been keto on and off since December. I feel way better when on Keto and going to try to stick to it 100% though the summer!
    I just started Keto a few days ago and I've lost a few pounds already but I'm staying so exhausted. I'm really feel like this diet may work for me though so I'm excited to continue it. I'm having difficulty with what foods to eat, I don't like veggies at all. Hoping to get some idea's from this group. I need some friends so please feel free to add me.

You will be less exhausted with a LOT more water and a LOT more electrolytes (salt, potassium, magnesium). Your body is switching chemically inside and needs those for energy. If you don't like veggies there is a whole keto carnivore group here who don't eat them either :smiley: