Fastest way to lose weight

chloeq98
chloeq98 Posts: 3 Member
edited May 2018 in Getting Started
I’m looking to lose weight fast but in a natural way, I’m wondering if anyone has any tips on the best foods/exercises to do this. I’m willing to put in the work and effort just need a little help! Thanks :)

Replies

• serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Do you want to lose weight fast or do you want to lose weight and keep it off?
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    Developing an eating disorder should do it.

Look, seriously, there isn’t a hack for weight loss. It’s purely about calories in vs calories out. And you can lose weight fast, OR you can you lose weight in a way that doesn’t damage your body, but you can’t do both.

So, do you want to be thin yesterday, or do you want to be healthy?
  • MrsRachaelFisk1
    MrsRachaelFisk1 Posts: 37 Member
    I don't think we need to be quite so sarcastic, guys.
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    That's just offensive.

Chloe losing weight "fast" isn't really good for you - short term or long term.

If as you said, you're willing to put the work in, I'd recommend just taking the calorie advice that MyFitnessPal has given you and sticking to it, with three 40-50 minute work-outs a week.

It may not be "fast" but you'll have a lot more chance of maintaining the weight you lose.

Add me on here if you like - I'm a re-starter and I update daily!

x

• chloeq98
    Danp wrote: »
    You could probably have a doctor lop off an arm. That'd probably drop a good 10kg overnight I reckon. Not exactly natural but it's really fast.

Gd plan that’s what al do X
  • chloeq98

I don't think we need to be quite so sarcastic, guys.
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    That's just offensive.

Chloe losing weight "fast" isn't really good for you - short term or long term.

If as you said, you're willing to put the work in, I'd recommend just taking the calorie advice that MyFitnessPal has given you and sticking to it, with three 40-50 minute work-outs a week.

It may not be "fast" but you'll have a lot more chance of maintaining the weight you lose.

Add me on here if you like - I'm a re-starter and I update daily!

x

Thank you! An actual helpful answer that’s not rude or sarc! X
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    fastest way is consistency.

If you pick a rate of loss (ie 1lb a week) and make sure you hit your given calorie every day, you will loose weight in the fastest "possible" way.

but, if you start trying to go massively under your calorie goal, and then caving in and binging due to no energy, then countering the guilt with more starvation. Trying to create massive deficits with loads of cardio, but not eating those calories back ... then your weightloss wiill be erratic and stall easily

As for exercise - anything you do will increase your calorie burn allowing you to eat more and still be in a deficit, its good for you, do the right training though and it can transform the look of your body .. but whats the best one to do ? .... its the one that you will stick to, but in the immortal words of Marc Perry (builtlean)

"You can get ripped powerlifting

You can get ripped doing circuit workouts

You can get ripped using bodybuilding workouts

You can get ripped doing bodyweight lifting workouts

You can get ripped doing kettlebell workouts

Do you know what all these workouts have in common? They are all based on strength training. Strength training is the key (in combination with ample protein intake) to help you retain your muscle as you are shedding fat.

What specific type of strength training should you do? Do what you can sustain is the simple answer."