What's for breakfast?

Replies

• sarahows3
    sarahows3 Posts: 6 Member
    I've been having stewed rhubarb with Greek yoghurt and a sprinkling of chia seeds
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    avskk wrote: »
    I stayed home today to manage a medical thing, so I had time to cook! One and a half eggs boiled to the perfect balance between soft and hard (I am embarrassed to say I was too full for the last egg half), a plate full of pineapple, cantaloupe, snow peas, and red peppers, and a giant mug of excellent coffee.

I love coffee - how do you make and take yours? @avskk
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    I had my usual bowl of fruit with vanilla Skyr, and a couple of biscuits.

I tend to get hungrier in the mornings now than I used to, so that probably won’t be enough; in that case, since I’m home this morning, I can have a poached egg as a snack later. I do love poached eggs.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    Three rashers of bacon on two slices of wholegrain toast with brown sauce and 1/2 can of baked beans. Besides that my other go-to is porridge with strawberries, blueberries, walnuts and honey
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Today I had hot weetabix (made with almond milk) with blueberries and some cocoa peanut butter!
  • saires_au
    saires_au Posts: 175 Member
    edited May 2018
    Bowl of porridge made with skim milk and morello cherries with tiny bit of honey 220 cal

Have also made whole meal English muffins with bacon and light cheese slice for later in the week 235 cal

I’ve also had yoghurt with apricot halves and 10g of O&G granola for crunch 250cal
  • SteadyDoinIt281
    SteadyDoinIt281 Posts: 24 Member
    We prep the week's breakfast on Sundays.

In a two cup tupperware, add 1 c spinach, 1 slice of diced jalapeno, 1 piece of diced bacon, and 2 uncooked (still in shell) eggs. When breakfast comes, crack the two eggs, whisk them until scrambled, microwave for 1-1.25 min, and enjoy a nice omelette. Add a piece of fruit (apple, 1/2 cup strawberries, grapes, or blueberries), and you should be satiated for several hours.

Perfect "on-the-go" breakfast.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited May 2018
    I have the same thing every day - 2 cups plain Cheerios, cut up banana on top of it, 1 cup skim milk over all that. Then I usually have a hard-boiled egg a little later.

I gotta have my cold cereal and skim milk in the AM.

And coffee......always coffee.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Often overnight oats, or protein pancakes (egg, stewed apple, oats, protein powder) with natural yoghurt and berries. Rye bread with marmite and soft boiled egg(s). Avocado toast. Today was am apple and a protein shake made with nut milk.
  • boopster99
    boopster99 Posts: 48 Member
    I call this my bird breakfast ;) 1 cup blueberries (frozen & warmed), a third cup of pumpkin flax granola, 1 tsp each of hemp, chia and flax seeds and 3 ounces plain Greek yoghurt. Lots of coffee and if I’m planning on a big gym workout a banana or orange as well. Lighter days I skip the flax, lose the berries and change the yoghurt for skim milk.
    :)
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Overnight oats with blue berries
  • sugarnspice0613
    sugarnspice0613 Posts: 109 Member
    This morning I had a scrambled egg and sausage in a low carb/calorie wrap with cheese. Coffee with whipping cream and coconut oil.

I buy 2 packets of turkey sausage and 1 packet of pork sausage and smoosh it all together, and then cook it before portioning it out into individual servings. It lights it up considerably while still having the yummy pork sausage flavor that I prefer. My husband didn’t even notice it was different!
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 217 Member
    Doing the shake thing: Kale, Oats, Banana, Strawberry, Chia, PBFit, Avocado, Greek Yogurt Almond Milk.

a8orgen1gz5k.jpeg
  • kobun37
    kobun37 Posts: 5 Member
    I usually have either avocado toast on homemade bread with cherry tomatoes and cheese crumbles or chia pudding. For the toast I use the Wholly Guacamole chunky avocado cups instead of fresh avocado since I never get around to eating the second half before it goes brown.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,799 Member
    Breakfast = coffee, if I'm lucky ... these days, sometimes just water.
  • Movemoreguy22
    Movemoreguy22 Posts: 387 Member
    edited May 2018
    I alternate between scambled eggs and whey shake to homemade protein smoothie thing
  • freenowphoever
    freenowphoever Posts: 52 Member
    Skinnytaste bell pepper & potato frittata
    ....As soon as I get out of my nice warm bed to make it
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Today I just ate a banana and a lara bar because I was going to an exercise class and it was either don't eat or eat something light that will digest in 40 minutes. My usual breakfast of eggs, bacon and oatmeal wouldn't. On light days I will drink a smoothie made from 1/2 cup fresh almond milk, 1 tbsp peanut butter, 1/2 tsp cocoa and 1 banana. It will keep me going for about 4 hours. The banana and lara bar worked well though--about 300 calories and I had no stomach issues and had more than enough energy.

Sometimes I'll just eat oatmeal with 1 fried egg. Or eggs and bacon with a belgian waffle. If I crave bagels I'll get a plain bagel with butter. But bagels are not a good choice for me, or any other type of bread--they don't fill me up so I usually end up off my calorie goal for the day.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    This morning was griesmeel (a Dutch type of breakfast/desert a bit like semolina) made with 1% milk and a teaspoon of sugar poured over 50g of frozen redcurrants. I've had a couple of days this week where i had two slices of toast with butter and the rest of the week has been protein smoothies: 150ml 1% milk, 30g of unflavoured whey protein powder, 70-100g of banana and 3g of cocoa powder. Quick to make and drink which is great for weekdays, it's easy to switch up the additions to the protein base mango and strawberries with yogurt, blueberries with yogurt whatever flavour fruit/ veg you like.

Other options are porridge with fruit for sweetness I don't add sugar or muesli with low fat greek style yogurt which I tend to eat at work if I know I'm having a desk day/morning.
  • JanetBiard
    JanetBiard Posts: 19 Member
    I usually have scrambled eggs, but tried banana pancake...just mash a banana with an egg, and cook as pancakes in a little coconut oil. Really good with a handful of blueberries.