Need to lose 65 lbs and Vegan

If anyone has gone vegan and has any easy meal plans it would be greatly appreciated! I need to lose 65 lbs and am having health issues. Most meals, especially breakfast, are lost on me. HELP!

Replies

• Lisa38__
    Lisa38__ Posts: 72 Member
    I’m also interested in Vegan meals
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    I’m currently raw vegan/Fruitarian, but I can share some of my favorite vegan meals from when I ate cooked:
    1.) Oat pancakes (oat flour, mashed banana, water and/or vegan milk, cinnamon)
    2.) Nature’s Path cereal (with blueberries and cinnamon)
    3.) Pumpkin banana nicecream
    4.) fruit bowl w/fruit “milk” (fruit bowl had bananas, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, grapes, orange...the “milk” is made with 2 frozen bananas and some watermelon).
    5.) Banana Tacos (mashed banana spread on lettuce leaves or kale leaves)
    6.) “Spaghetti” and falafel (spaghetti squash baked and mixed with tomato paste with nutritional yeast - also I love to add arugula into it for my greens. Then the falafel is made with chickpeas and spices)
    7.) Baked Sweet potato fries with tomato paste and nutritional yeast + big green salad
    8.) Steamed veggies and mustard
    9.) Healthy whole food brownies (oat flour, raw carob powder, dates, bananas, water)
    And finally...
    10.) Oatmeal w/ bananas

If you eat bread you can make sandwiches with all sorts of veggies and vegan meat and cheese. Lots of condiments are vegan, as well as bean burgers.
    Granolas can be vegan, Vegan pizza, french toast, waffles, quinoa salads with basil and olives...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited May 2018
    Some of my favorite lower calorie meals when I was losing weight:

Marinated baked tofu with roasted vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, kohlrabi, mushrooms)
    Shredded cabbage with peanut dressing (PB2 mixed with a bit of soy sauce, rice vinegar, and chili paste) topped with black beans, garbanzo beans, baked tofu/tempeh, or seitan
    Seitan/tempeh and vegetable sandwiches
    Zucchini noodles with jackfruit ragu
    Zucchini noodles with peanut sauce and beans/tempeh/tofu/seitan
    Chili
    Chickpea vegetable curries
    Spaghetti squash served stir-fry style with vegetables and peanut sauce or with marinara/jackfruit ragu
    Taco salad with beans/tofu/tempeh and shredded cabbage, chopped vegetables, and salsa
    Gazpacho
    Tofu scramble/omelette
    Greens (kale, collards, chard) and beans served with tomato sauce/salsa

• Juice_boi
    Juice_boi Posts: 28 Member
    Yeah I’m the same I need help as far as looking up different recipes I spend a lot of time on YouTube looking up what I can cook up for a week meal prep but most have a lot of soy and or don’t really fill me up so I have to buy way more. I have cut out red meat completely and now I’m slowly coming off chicken, dairy, and fish.
  • janejellyroll
    Juice_boi wrote: »
    Yeah I’m the same I need help as far as looking up different recipes I spend a lot of time on YouTube looking up what I can cook up for a week meal prep but most have a lot of soy and or don’t really fill me up so I have to buy way more. I have cut out red meat completely and now I’m slowly coming off chicken, dairy, and fish.

Well, there's nothing wrong with soy (assuming you don't have a medical issue you haven't shared), but what types of foods fill you up?
  • jessicarose22492
    jessicarose22492 Posts: 59 Member
    go on pintrest they have tons of great recipes! i'd stay away from processed foods and eat as plant-based as you can. good luck!
  • janejellyroll
    go on pintrest they have tons of great recipes! i'd stay away from processed foods and eat as plant-based as you can. good luck!

A counter experience: I found some processed foods to be very helpful when I was losing weight. They made it easier for me to hit my calorie goals and meet my nutritional needs. Some of my favorites were tofu, tempeh, seitan, PB2, canned tomatoes, canned beans, hot sauces, mustards, frozen vegetables, hemp or rice protein powder, and unsweetened cashew or almond milk.

I could have lost weight without eating these foods, but I think it would have personally been harder for me and not as much fun. It also would have been more expensive because I like to eat a lot of vegetables and frozen vegetables make that much more affordable for me.
  • jessicarose22492
    jessicarose22492 Posts: 59 Member

A counter experience: I found some processed foods to be very helpful when I was losing weight. They made it easier for me to hit my calorie goals and meet my nutritional needs. Some of my favorites were tofu, tempeh, seitan, PB2, canned tomatoes, canned beans, hot sauces, mustards, frozen vegetables, hemp or rice protein powder, and unsweetened cashew or almond milk.

I could have lost weight without eating these foods, but I think it would have personally been harder for me and not as much fun. It also would have been more expensive because I like to eat a lot of vegetables and frozen vegetables make that much more affordable for me.

Oh, for sure! I do enjoy tofu & vegan chik'n strips as they help get protein in. :) I just know that for me, personally, while I love the vegan cheeses, frozen meals, etc., when I ate them a lot I gained a bunch of weight!