Halo Top is deceptive???

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    I like the mint chocolate and the birthday cake.

Better than artic zero. Had one tub and it just wasn't good. I need to give the breyers flavors a shot. To see if they've got a better grip on the texture problem.

I mean I totally get that Halo top isn't ice cream and there's some compromises in texture, but It just wasn't right.

And regards the lawsuit. Seriously? It's 2-3 times the price of B&J's. Might want to take a really close look before spending that kind of money.
    Don't know where you are but where I live b&j ice cream is £4.99 halo top is £5.00
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    angelsja wrote: »

Better than artic zero. Had one tub and it just wasn't good. I need to give the breyers flavors a shot. To see if they've got a better grip on the texture problem.

I mean I totally get that Halo top isn't ice cream and there's some compromises in texture, but It just wasn't right.

And regards the lawsuit. Seriously? It's 2-3 times the price of B&J's. Might want to take a really close look before spending that kind of money.
    Don't know where you are but where I live b&j ice cream is £4.99 halo top is £5.00

Last time I bought B&J it was around $2. HT is 5-6.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member

Arctic zero is awful!! I have a friend that has tried the Breyers and said it is the best out of the 3 but I haven't tried it for myself yet. Mint chocolate is my favorite too :)

• ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    angelsja wrote: »

They are in America

Here in England tesco sell halo top for £5 b&j is regularly on offer for £2.50
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member

Arctic zero is awful!! I have a friend that has tried the Breyers and said it is the best out of the 3 but I haven't tried it for myself yet. Mint chocolate is my favorite too :)

We've only just got brewers and halo top here in England. Breyers I find very hard and the vanilla just tastes weird. Sea salt caramel halo is soft and tastes nice to me
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    edited May 2018

We recently tried Chilly Cow, and it's my favorite of all the brands. I hear the bars are garbage though. We tried the Brown Butter Salted Caramel and the Chocolate Brownie Batter and enjoyed both.

https://chillycow.com/?gclid=COPQl__8_doCFYiHxQIdkYYATw&gclsrc=ds

ETA: Instead of pints, they come in 2 realistic serving size portions that are each under 200 calories.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    What's he hoping to get out of this his $6.99 back?

His 15 minutes of fame...
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Fyi, Breyers 100-call No Sugar Added Butter Pecan is really good.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited May 2018
    Omg how dumb is he?
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    Do you think he’s reading this and doing the reporting?
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    amyepdx wrote: »

Jeez,I think so,kinda weird to flag those posts I see nothing wrong?
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    amyepdx wrote: »

I was thinking the exact same thing, lol!

He seems like one of those people that spills a little bit of water in a supermarket and then “slips” on it so he can sue and collect damages for his “injuries”.