Muscle Gain

Anyone got any good impact exercises for arms and chest they can suggest - I’m am struggling to increase weight levels in both these areas consistently

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    What’s your program and nutrition like?
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member

This.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member

This.

I love it because I can just feel the "uhhhh"

But yes, just weights on won't make you stronger. Strength training is a science. Then you need to be able to fuel those workouts and recovery. If not how can you expect to progress.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    jessef593 wrote: »

This.

But yes, just weights on won't make you stronger. Strength training is a science. Then you need to be able to fuel those workouts and recovery. If not how can you expect to progress.

I think that's exactly the sound that was escaping my lips as I typed!
  • jessef593
    jessef593 wrote: »

This.

I think that's exactly the sound that was escaping my lips as I typed!

We're getting too good at this.. haha
  • tshaa
    tshaa Posts: 1 Member
    5x5 on bench you should be struggling on your last set. Arms being a smaller muscles group, they respond better to high reps, try drop sets. Make sure you're loading up on carbs before your lifts, followed by lots of carbs and 25-50g of protein after a lift depending on your body weight.
  • jessef593
    tshaa wrote: »
    5x5 on bench you should be struggling on your last set. Arms being a smaller muscles group, they respond better to high reps, try drop sets. Make sure you're loading up on carbs before your lifts, followed by lots of carbs and 25-50g of protein after a lift depending on your body weight.

Are you promoting meal timing as an efficient strategy for muscle growth? Just curious if that's what you mean
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    tshaa wrote: »

Not trying to be rude but I lose credibility for people who recommend a specific amount of food post workout.

To help you out though: figure out your goals if you want to gain weight, then you need to be in a surplus to optimally gain muscle. You also need to have a reputable training program and focus on progressive overload of the muscle. Yes, rep ranges are ideal for certain goals, but progressive overload is key to growth and progress