What do you think?

Post 5'6 140 pound female 22 years old wanting to achieve goal weight of 120. Here is a link to a screen shot of my calorie intake and exercise burn, I also include my BMR in my exercise burn. MFP says I should lose weight eating and exercising this way, but will I really? If it means anything, I am under 50 grams of sugar per day, eat a lot of wholesome carbs, healthy fats, and fish. My only cheat would be rice cakes and sugar free pudding.

Thank you for your time and thought

Replies

• jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    edited May 2018
    What are you doing for exercise? I am really curious. I work a hard physical job and burn about 2000 calories. Nearly 3000 is a lot.
  • beatthebinge3464
    beatthebinge3464 Posts: 25 Member
    I run and cycle
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    I am 5'6" too and weigh 136. I run, cycle (indoor) and lift. The most I have burned in an hour spin class is around 650. I burned 900 on an 11 mile run. How are you getting the numbers for calories burned? I have recently learned how important it is to eat enough for the exercise I do. Seems like you do an awful lot of exercise and need to eat to sustain your performance.
  • beatthebinge3464
    I added in 1300 calories burned for my BMR
  • beatthebinge3464
    I added in 1300 calories burned for my BMR

MFP’s calorie goal already includes that, plus additional calories for whatever you set your activity level to. It sounds like you’re double- or even triple dipping.

I am not using MFP's calorie suggestions
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Are you sure your bmr is not included in your goal? Are you going to eat 6000 cal?
  • beatthebinge3464
    No, I am only eating 3000
  • beatthebinge3464
    Not eating back exercise calories
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    edited May 2018
    Something is really off here in the math and how you have calculated your calories yourself. According to this you could eat around 5800 cals a day and maintain your weight (the 3000+earned above that) I seriously doubt that to be the case since that is more than body builders at my gym eat.

What was the process in building your calorie goal? How did you come up with it? Why can’t you use the MFP calculator?

Edited to add - MyFitnessPal isn’t saying you will lose eating this way if you are adjusting all the figures and not using theirs
  • beatthebinge3464
    I dont eat back my exercise calories
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member

Then why add them?
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member

You include your BMR in “exercise” and ate about 150 calories less than the total in this example. Which exercise calories exactly are you “not eating back”? Are you saying that on top of your 1300 BMR calories and your (apparently) 1500 activity calories, you also do purposeful exercise you haven’t logged here?
  • beatthebinge3464
    I add them to see what I havr burned in a day
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    I add them to see what I havr burned in a day

But you've already accounted for that in your daily goal. That's what's confusing.
  • beatthebinge3464
    I add my daily burn ( my bmr plus my exercise calories )

Its not my goal to net 3000 calories.

I eat 3000 calories for the day. Thats it.
    So, thats 3000 - whatever I burn

Thats my thinking.