What do you do for your sugar fix

I drink a glass of orange juice usually. What do you guys do?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Candy
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Sugar. Usually when I crave sugar it's ice cream or chocolate so I eat those. A liquid wouldn't keep me full so I avoid juices and sodas in order to use my calories on food that will keep me full.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Fibre One bars or dry cereal that has some sweetener but isn't sugar-coated. (It's Quaker Corn Squares, which I buy because a 30gram serving is 110 calories and gives me 30% of my iron RDA. But it is sweetish.) Fruit. Halo Top. Pre-portioned frozen treats. Like Nestle's salted caramel frozen Greek yogurt sandwiches (like ice cream sandwiches, only with the frozen Greek yogurt). Or ice cream bars, the kind that come on popsicle sticks.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Candy

With a little self-control, you can make a bag of fun size candies last several weeks.

• kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    I save calories for an evening snack and weigh out what I want. Usually it's ice cream, cookies, chocolate, or yogurt.
  • Juice_boi
    Juice_boi Posts: 28 Member
    Oatmeal with a little honey works
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Gummies bears, red vines, ben & Jerry, Oh, and cupcake. That usually does it.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Ambrosia apples.. Sweet as candy, but 200g is only @100c and it gives me 7g of fiber.

If I have a craving for ice cream or something else, I'll try putting it off a few days, see if I still want it, then I just fit it into my calorie goals.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    Candy

With a little self-control, you can make a bag of fun size candies last several weeks.

Try months or more. I use candy as my preworkout and honestly I only have a handful each lifting session, still lots from last year. I wouldn't say I crave it but do enjoy the sugar rush it gives me before I hit the weights.
  • wjf42q
    wjf42q Posts: 12 Member
    Sugar free candies are not bad and help with the craving for sweet...and have an added benefit. I can’t eat the whole bag, or there is a price to pay!
    Too much maltodextrin can cause a laxative effect.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    I have Greek Yogurt with blueberries and raspberries and then usually put a little calorie free flavouring in (toffee or raspberry) and its filling and hits the sweet cravings!
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    Look at those guns killing those gym sessions
  • MarvinsFitLife
    MarvinsFitLife Posts: 874 Member
    I eat fruits oranges and all
  • Lynnara
    Lynnara Posts: 152 Member
    I keep those mini Nestle drumsticks cones in my freezer they are only 70 calories, and Solero crushed fruit bars which are 80.
  • gffs
    gffs Posts: 11 Member
    An orange, or a piece of dark chocolate, or a Healthy Oatmeal Bite, etc. However, I've noticed as I've reduced the amount of sugar in my diet (NOT substituted with fake sugar) that I crave sweets less and less.
  • hoofman04
    hoofman04 Posts: 69 Member
    Strawberries...
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Skittles & Jolly Ranchers
  • bladebiker
    bladebiker Posts: 133 Member
    Lemon cordial or 10cal jelly pots, love um.
  • isaacsdaddytiger
    isaacsdaddytiger Posts: 333 Member
    Bbq sauce with protein