Anyone cutting after a bulk?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    If you are doing it.....it will work! Yes, shameless flirt. Much respect, lady! Much respect. Your progress is always absolutely amazing. Have you blogged the current bulk | cut like you did the previous ones? There are lots of folks who could benefit from reading that.....

Haha.. thanks for the kind words as usual @LiftHeavyThings27105 ;) And don't worry I am not easily embarrassed :D

I am still working on the updated post, haven't had a chance to put it all together. But it is definitely in the works. :)

Folks.......that will make some amazing reading. Give the young lady some time to get that written up. And then jump on it. There will be some details in there that can help everyone. Opps. There I go again! LOL!

You put so much pressure on this gal!! :D
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Hey, you can more than handle it. I mean, have you seen your progress pics? LOL! You are strong af. Anyway, no promises, but I will try to slow down on "She is awesome" comments. Can promise a dang thing, though. :-)
  • dozenmonkeyz
    dozenmonkeyz Posts: 150 Member
    edited May 2018
    Week 2, day 2 and the hunger beast is strong. Did the lifting routine today and it felt good but now that I'm passed it and lunch is settled I'm really struggling to resist eating something other than the stick of celery I brought for snack. I won't give in but I didn't get cravings like this at all week 1 so it's a new challenge.

Where are your calories? And macros? Or, maybe better formulated: how big is your caloric deficit?

Deficit is big but everything is planned out per my program so it’s all as expected. Just venting a bit in my earlier post
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited May 2018
    If you are doing it.....it will work! Yes, shameless flirt. Much respect, lady! Much respect. Your progress is always absolutely amazing. Have you blogged the current bulk | cut like you did the previous ones? There are lots of folks who could benefit from reading that.....

Haha.. thanks for the kind words as usual @LiftHeavyThings27105 ;) And don't worry I am not easily embarrassed :D

I am still working on the updated post, haven't had a chance to put it all together. But it is definitely in the works. :)

Folks.......that will make some amazing reading. Give the young lady some time to get that written up. And then jump on it. There will be some details in there that can help everyone. Opps. There I go again! LOL!

@sardelsa - I do hate to be one to pile on, but your results tell the story. :thumbsup:
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    AnvilHead wrote: »

@sardelsa - I do hate to be one to pile on, but your results tell the story. :thumbsup:

+1 = to the "pile on". See? I suggested that I would not be able to promise much. That lasted all of five hours....pretty much on the dot! Hey, look at that!
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited May 2018
    Woos = those jealous of sardelsa
    I feel like us weight lifters/bodybuilders, etc. in this section get many woos for looking too awsome/envious
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Woos = those jealous of sardelsa
    I feel like us weight lifters/bodybuilders, etc. in this section get many woos for looking too awsome/envious

People who woo @sardelsa are getting instabanned!!! Muhahaha...

Most are actually one offs which makes me think they are an accident... Others are people mad when they find out everything they believe is wrong lol.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    steveko89 wrote: »
    bioklutz wrote: »
    Is anyone else a little creeped out by the turn this has taken?

How high were your expectations? This is still an MFP thread, after all.

Hahaha! True, just a little concerned that there is a little stalking like quality to some of these comments.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    @bioklutz - We all (and I am taking liberties with the "all" part) have a genuine affection for her. She is a genuinely sweet person with an amazing work ethic, top notch personality and - in the context of these forums - is really smart. It is easy to go a little overboard with praise for someone like her. I really don't think that there is anyone here who is "creeping on her". We all know that she is married with children. That - I do not think - is not what is going on here. She is just one of those people who is really easy to like. And, I like to use my words! :-) And, I am not shy. Admittedly, I go a little bit overboard. Maybe some others do, as well. But, maybe not. But I do.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    Week 2, day 2 and the hunger beast is strong. Did the lifting routine today and it felt good but now that I'm passed it and lunch is settled I'm really struggling to resist eating something other than the stick of celery I brought for snack. I won't give in but I didn't get cravings like this at all week 1 so it's a new challenge.

Where are your calories? And macros? Or, maybe better formulated: how big is your caloric deficit?

Deficit is big but everything is planned out per my program so it’s all as expected. Just venting a bit in my earlier post

All good, man! I understand the "hangry" part. Dieting sucks, but we all do it and we all power though using whatever method works. We are all different (maybe I have said that once or twice....). Keep on, keeping on, man! We are here.
  • BishopWankapin
    BishopWankapin Posts: 276 Member
    Sardelsa log on to MFP and I be all like...
    giphy.gif
  • sardelsa
    So let's get back to the topic, shall we? :)

I am on week two of cutting, how normal is it to keep dropping water weight? I am sure it will settle down soon, but typically, when do you all find it starts to slow down?
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member

I am on week two of cutting, how normal is it to keep dropping water weight? I am sure it will settle down soon, but typically, when do you all find it starts to slow down?

...about a week if you go very low carb like Keto low. It took me about two weeks when I cut and that was at about 80-100g a day at first.

• sardelsa
    jseams1234 wrote: »

...about a week if you go very low carb like Keto low. It took me about two weeks when I cut and that was at about 80-100g a day at first.

No I am definitely not keto low, I am not even low carb. My carbs are 150-300g or so
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    jseams1234 wrote: »

No I am definitely not keto low, I am not even low carb. My carbs are 150-300g or so

I'd imagine then that there really should be minimal glycogen/water loss on that type of cut considering your height and weight. Although, if your workouts are sufficiently intense and you are depleting your glycogen stores faster than you are replenishing them that loss could extend to a few weeks, although I'm guessing that it shouldn't as dramatic as it is for some folks and 300g is probably enough to fill those glycogen stores right back up. ;)
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,215 Member

When I switched back to a deficit from maintenance-ish after the holidays in January I experienced about a week's worth of a quick drop (4.4 lbs in 5 days being the most significant) at around 150g carb/day. Hard to say what my carbs had been since we were visiting family out of town but I'm sure it was higher than normal those weeks of christmas and new years'.
  • sardelsa
    Thanks @jseams1234 and @steveko89.. I've had about a good 4lb drop in a week and a half (since I came out of maintenance into a deficit). I just wanted to make sure it's still water and I'm not losing too fast (which is actually a huge concern for me haha).