Best Fitness Tracker?

sammalla0
sammalla0 Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2018 in Getting Started
Hey there!
Im looking for the most accurate fitness tracker. Specifically, most accurate steps.
Help!

Replies

• mortikarobinette
    mortikarobinette Posts: 20 Member
    I have the pacer app but it doesn't seem to count all my steps. Maybe I just don't have it set right.
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    For tracking every step, choose something that goes with you everywhere, and I mean everywhere. If you don’t always take your phone to the bathroom or when you go to a different room in your house, pick a wearable. Personally, I have Fitbit Alta HR and I love it. It’s accurate* for steps, heart rate and calorie count, works as a watch as well and because of the changeable wristbands, it looks more like a watch and less like a fitness tracker. The brand bands from Fitbit are a bit pricey though, but I got some good ones from Amazon.

*Of course I can never really know if it’s absolutely 100% correct all the time, but it’s consistent with how many steps my frequently taken routes take, how much calories I burn on a regular day, and accurate enough to make the calorie burn - intake = weight loss math check out.
  • Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    I have a fitbit HR and I LOVE it. I've had a fitbit for years now and it has definitely given me motivation to move more. I average 15k steps per day now.
  • Ashloveswalking
    Ashloveswalking Posts: 3 Member
    I’ve had Fitbit, Apple Watch, and Polar. The polar m430 is my favorite.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    there are so many options out there. it depends on what your primary activity is, what your price range is, what other things you want it to do other than track your main activity.
    i do garmin products, if you are an apple person-apple watch is nice.
  • DocMcStuffens
    DocMcStuffens Posts: 166 Member
    I’ve had two Garmins and one Fitbit. I prefer the Garmin - I have the Forerunner 230 now. Holds battery charge long time and is very accurate
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Fitbit is a good place to start, they have a few options and aren't super pricey. People find they don't last a terribly long time but mine did, although I only ever used the clip on not the bracelet ones. I use Apple Watch now and love it.
  • mkculs
    mkculs Posts: 316 Member
    Think about what you really want. I thought step tracking would be fine, but now I realize I want a heart rate monitor and GPS in my device. I'm using the Flex for now--cheap, easy--but will buy something else once I find out which is most accurate for the main functions I want. Apparently HRMs are not terribly accurate without a chest strap. I'm going to see if that changes with the next generation of devices.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    I wear a watch and don't like having two items on my wrists so bought an WearOS (Android Wear) watch so I could have both in one device.

It's the first thing I put on in the morning before even climbing out of bed and it's the last thing I take off when I go to sleep so it's with me every moment tracking my steps.

The downside (and this is the same with pretty much all smart watches) is that you need to put it on to charge each night. This isn't a problem for me as I don't like wearing my watch to bed anyhow but it does mean that you can't get the sleep analysis that some fitness trackers offer.
  • HealthyRebirth
    HealthyRebirth Posts: 13 Member
    What is the WearOS? Does it clip onto your other watch bor clothes? Thanks! I too am looking for a new/1st tracker.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    WearOS is the operating system for Android smart watches (Used to be called Android Wear).

There are loads of different watches that run WearOS. They're best compatible with an Android smartphone but can work perfectly well with an iPhone.

The one I have is the Huawei Watch, but there are WearOS watches from LG, Garmin, Asus, Fossil, Misfit, and loads of others.