MAY 2018 CHALLENGE

Replies

• Champion4ever
    Champion4ever Posts: 49 Member
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    Another busy weekend for me. I walked all day Saturday at the zoo with 3 of my grandsons! Sunday was spent weeding my flowerbeds and working in my yard!

I love catching up on all the posts and NSV's in this group - you all are doing amazing!

I'm wanting to try IF, but am having a tough time of it....not because I cant fast, but because of trying to fast while keeping such a hectic schedule! But I'm going to try again this week...

I would like to ask advice from some of you who have lost alot of weight on keto, or who have been on keto for awhile now - do you count just straight carbs or net carbs? Ive been counting just straight carbs and trying to stay in the 20-25g per day range.

March 20 (began keto)
    Starting weight: 221

May 1: 208.4
    Sunday 5/6: 206.0 (-2.4)
    Sunday 5/13: 205 6 (- .4)
    Sunday 5/20:
    Sunday 5/27:
    Thursday 5/31:
    Personal Goal (weight) by Jun 1: 199

My starting weight in April was 222, and our current weight is close! I too would like to start incorporating IF into my diet. Hang in there, you can do it!

C.
  • Champion4ever
    Champion4ever Posts: 49 Member
    edited May 2018
    phytogurl wrote: »
    Two significant SCALE victories for me today:

1. I am now in the 150s, weighing in at 159.4 this morning. The goal weight I set here on MFP back in January of 2018 is 154.4. Reaching that would put me at 50 pounds lost for 2018. So, today I’m under 160 and within 5 pounds of that 50 lb benchmark.

2. And most significant to me, I’ve lost 45 pounds. It is a special number for me because that is the weight of 3 bowling balls of the weight I use (3x15=45).

My NSV today is quite simple: I feel great! I posted my Before and After pics because it is said, a picture is worth a thousand words, or in my case at least 45 pounds. The 2017 side of my picture shows an obese prediabetic low energy guy with high BP and cholesterol. Knee and shoulder surgeries, arthritis and other obesity related ailments relegated me to sitting on the bench keeping score for my over 65 softball team last season. I was too fat and sick to play in 2017.

The 2018 side of the picture shows me literally back in the game. In four months I’ve reversed or eliminated most of my health issues. I feel better than I have in at least ten years. I honestly believe keto has given me my life back. Put me in coach, I’m ready to play!

n9hHG0l.jpgn9hHm8.png

ovwv7qbcyc7v.jpg

Congrats stormywxs288!! What an achievement of not only losing 45lbs since January, but having eliminated all your health issues and getting back in the game! Looking good! :)

Amazing!!! @Stormy, you truly inspire me.

C.
  • KristinLeeD
    KristinLeeD Posts: 218 Member
    riricici wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I'm new to keto, today is day one. Although it's going to be a soft start today because I have to go grocery shopping after work to get ready for full start tomorrow! I've never done any low carb diets but am looking forward to the results!

Welcome! You've come to the right place :) This group is awesome. I've received great information and even greater encouragement!
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    @riricici Welcome to the bacon club! :D
  • ivy_photos
    ivy_photos Posts: 3 Member
    Hey everybody. I'm new here (just joined the group today).

I started Keto last week. Its been an amazing start. I made it a whole week without sweets (I didn't think it was possible).

I'm super excited to be part of this group.

Starting weight: 197.5
    Goal weight: 170 by July 1

May 6: 197.5 (day before I started Keto)
    May 13: 192
    May 20
    May 27
    May 30
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 786 Member
    NikkiJRM wrote: »
    Hey people!

Mr Nikki: (Can I get an eyeroll here?!)
    5/1 - 203.8
    5/6 - 200.6
    5/13 - 199.6

I'll see your eyeroll and raise you a HA! Chalk it up to Guy Keto Privilege. Please pass on congrats to Mr. Nikki, from another fellow with guy privilege, for breaking the 200 mark.

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Hi and welcome to everyone new and hello and well done to everyone hangin' in there! <3
  • db19732018
    db19732018 Posts: 49 Member
    I just added to the spreadsheet. Just started keto three days ago and am down 4 lbs.
    CW: 289.8
    GW: 185
  • skctilidie
    skctilidie Posts: 1,405 Member
    I needed to post my starting weight, because sometimes I forget how far I've come. In less than three months, I've stopped all insulin and diabetes medications, increased insulin sensitivity, fit back into my favorite jeans from three years ago, and now said jeans are becoming too big on me!

I've lost 26 lbs, which is a huge accomplishement for me, BUT is not the ONLY achievement I have made. I am happier, healthier, more energetic, and winning at life! Keep calm and keto on, everyone!!

I trimmed the quote so the whole thing wouldn’t repeat, but your entire post was wonderful. Congratulations on your fantastic victories - keep up the great work!
  • skctilidie
    Even though I don’t get up and run in circles after I poop, I have to admit I do have a surge of energy and evidently an urge to share TMI.

This made me truly laugh out loud. Thanks for putting a smile on my face this morning, even if it was with a post about poop. :joy:
  • skctilidie
    db19732018 wrote: »
    I just added to the spreadsheet. Just started keto three days ago and am down 4 lbs.
    CW: 289.8
    GW: 185

Welcome!
  • xDaniDragonflyx
    xDaniDragonflyx Posts: 201 Member
    Even though I don’t get up and run in circles after I poop, I have to admit I do have a surge of energy and evidently an urge to share TMI.

I agree with @skctilidie This made me laugh out loud, because I think a lot of us can relate. :lol: Sometimes TMIs can be appropriate.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    I cracked up when I read @stormywxs288 post about his B.M's !! I needed a laugh today!

Seriously tho, Im relatively new to keto (almost 2 months now) and have been taking fiber most days because I'm not getting enough fiber in my diet and I was concerned! Should I NOT worry about the fiber? If I'm trying to keep my carbs between 20-25g per day, how many grams of fiber should I be shooting for?

TIA for any insight or wisdom you can give!
  • NikkiJRM
    NikkiJRM Posts: 328 Member
    Mrs_Hoffer wrote: »
    I cracked up when I read @stormywxs288 post about his B.M's !! I needed a laugh today!

Seriously tho, Im relatively new to keto (almost 2 months now) and have been taking fiber most days because I'm not getting enough fiber in my diet and I was concerned! Should I NOT worry about the fiber? If I'm trying to keep my carbs between 20-25g per day, how many grams of fiber should I be shooting for?

TIA for any insight or wisdom you can give!

@Mrs_Hoffer Unless I'm eating nuts or lots of veggies I get no fiber in my diet. I'm more regular now than before keto. If you really feel like you need it, you can try ground chia seeds and high fiber veggies. I'm sure it's different for everyone but I find I do better when I don't get much fiber.