New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited May 2018
    2bassets wrote: »
    For those who love Girls Scout Thin Mint cookies, I had heard that they are made by Keebler, so without further ado......Keebler Grasshopper Mint & Fudge Cookies!!! Taste exactly the same, YUM

They are made by either abc bakers or little brownie bakery, depending on what region you ordered them from. They are different depending on which baker baked them, as well (little brownie bakers are the more common chocolate covered ones, with abc being more minty and not chocolate coated).

• fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    gffs wrote: »
    Publix started selling these wonderful oatmeal cookies called Alyssa's Healthy Oatmeal Bites. 2 cookies are 90 calories. It's like a yummy oatmeal in portable form. https://alyssascookies.com/

Yeah, i've had the vegan variety a bunch. Not very filling, but I really like the taste.
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    cdudley628 wrote: »
    whitpauly wrote: »
    cdudley628 wrote: »
    I tried the blueberry Clio bar :s the texture is awful. I suppose it's probably like cheesecake but I don't like cheesecake and actively avoid it. And the taste is just stuck in my mouth. I don't think I'll like the 4 other flavors I have just because of the texture.

If you don't like cheesecake then why'd you buy them? Haha :D

Because I like greek yogurt and chocolate? I was expecting it to be like an ice cream bar, but it's not moist enough, it's very dry.

She got a point though, lol.

I didn't read about the cheesecakiness until I had already bought them. I don't read every side of the box. I had the Ibotta deal and they were cheap and I wasn't going to let them go to waste after I realized they were supposed to be similar to cheesecake. Also, I haven't had cheesecake in like 7 years so I didn't realize it was so dry.
  • josette06
    josette06 Posts: 119 Member
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    I found these at Walmart, never seen before. Really great birthday cake flavor and I highly recommend. Going to stock up if they still have them tomorrow morning B)

3gncp6s7np5d.jpg

These are so good. I hope they are part of the regular lineup instead of just limited edition.

I personally like them refrigerated.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited May 2018
    Francl27 wrote: »
    27hwbssxdvlh.jpeg

Found it. Not in the frozen bread section, but next to the baked in store section.

Taste-wise, it's good, although not as tasty as the one from the restaurant. I got to rant a bit about it though - 80 calories a slice MY *kitten*. I weighed the smallest slice at the end of the loaf and it weighed 37g. A serving is supposedly 29g. So the smallest slice was 104 calories, definitely not 80. I'm guessing the average slice will be 115 calories.

It doesn't really affect me but it's irritating enough to mention. I'm going to email them about it, lol. At the price, it probably won't be a repeat purchase (I was too lazy to buy the 'heat and eat' loaves).

Nothing irritates me more than when I have my entire day logged perfectly then I weigh something to find out it’s a lot more than the label says it is -.-

Also, has anyone noticed Halo Top’s caramel macchiato pint seems to have A LOT more caramel in it than it used to??? I hope this wasn’t just a lucky pint for me, but I’m also skeptical if it doesn’t change the calories for it... but there was A LOT more than I’m used to!!!
    9ez6ajbzby3a.jpeg
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    No, but I have one waiting in my freezer and I hope it does!
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    dbepr9s48ctq.png

So La Croix is not new to me; I’m a fizzy water junkie and been addicted for years lol, but I just found a case of this flavor at Smiths for the first time and it MIGHT be my favorite. I am loathe to pick favorites with my fizzy water but it’s just so dang GOOD.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    OK, so I can't be the only person who thinks this sounds completely disgusting!
    vdjzmbjgrbmu.png

Also noticed these two new cereals on Junkbanter's instagram. They should be in Walmart beginning of June... I have a month to eat all the cereal I just bought to make room for these.... I know I'm going to be addicted o///o
    s3gx3wr7x1vv.png
    6wqm641wnaa9.png
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    mom2colbyj wrote: »
    mom2colbyj wrote: »
    ez1k2z7r612b.jpeg
    sbdcwpfolj9g.jpeg
    mced9tavw8c4.jpeg

So saw this in the Trader Joe’s Fearless Flyer and it sounded good and I finally got to go today so I grabbed a couple boxes thinking I could make one and share it with my Mom for Mother’s Day. I’m excited to try it because I snuck a taste of the batter and it was delicious. Not to mention my house smells delicious with it in the oven. It was also very simple to mix up and the icing is super simple also.

Okay once this was baked I was quite disappointed as it left a very bad aftertaste in my mouth that I couldn't get rid of. So sad because I really wanted to love it. I'm going to take the second box back next trip.

They had the vanilla version of this in store the other day to try, it was made as a dump cake with cherry pie filling and was actually very good!
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member

So saw this in the Trader Joe’s Fearless Flyer and it sounded good and I finally got to go today so I grabbed a couple boxes thinking I could make one and share it with my Mom for Mother’s Day. I’m excited to try it because I snuck a taste of the batter and it was delicious. Not to mention my house smells delicious with it in the oven. It was also very simple to mix up and the icing is super simple also. [/quote]

Okay once this was baked I was quite disappointed as it left a very bad aftertaste in my mouth that I couldn't get rid of. So sad because I really wanted to love it. I'm going to take the second box back next trip.[/quote]

They had the vanilla version of this in store the other day to try, it was made as a dump cake with cherry pie filling and was actually very good! [/quote]

I like the pumpkin one and I think they had a gingerbread one that was really good so I had high hopes. It's not often Trader Joe's lets me down. I'm not sure what caused the aftertaste in this one because I love lemon and Myer lemons in baked goods.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    I said it once and I’ll say it again, EVERYTHING I try by this company is DELICIOUS! The lemon chicken enchiladas and the lemon chicken pasta were my two favorites but this one is very very close, too. Anyone here who loves mac & cheese needs to try this, it’s super creamy and flavorful! Be warned - it is spicy! I’ve only seen them at Target but supposedly Shoprite is supposed to sell them, too
    3q3b3a6r65xw.jpeg

This looks excellent! My closest Target doesn't carry much food but im gonna check it out for this brand-thanks!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    I found these at Walmart, never seen before. Really great birthday cake flavor and I highly recommend. Going to stock up if they still have them tomorrow morning B)

3gncp6s7np5d.jpg

Hoping my Walmart gets this in soon!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    OK, so I can't be the only person who thinks this sounds completely disgusting!
    vdjzmbjgrbmu.png

Also noticed these two new cereals on Junkbanter's instagram. They should be in Walmart beginning of June... I have a month to eat all the cereal I just bought to make room for these.... I know I'm going to be addicted o///o
    s3gx3wr7x1vv.png
    6wqm641wnaa9.png

Ooh Golden Oreo! Must. Buy!
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member
    6imi8ay0dnmy.jpg
    I picked up a few Jeni's pints a couple of days ago. Was tempted to get more, but my freezer doesn't have much room left in it, and these were pricey ($12 per pint!). I've only tried samples of most of them so far, but I'll review after I really try the others. I did manage to try the Frosé sorbet though (the most calorie friendly).
    1t5vma1hhowo.jpg
    I've never actually tried the frosé drink, so I don't know how this compares to that. This was pretty good though. Smooth texture and very fruity, like a berry sorbet. I'm not sure I tasted the rosé that was in it though.

vkek64u5c1zy.jpg
    I also tried a few of Jeni's other flavors, from left to right: rainbow buttermilk frozen yogurt. Lemon and blueberries frozen yogurt, nectar honeycomb ice cream, and wildberry lavender ice cream. I did get a pint of rainbow buttermilk, so I'll review that later, but the lemon blueberries was delicious. I'm always impressed by Jeni's frozen yogurts as they're the best frozen yogurts I've had. The texture is dense and creamy, almost like ice cream, with refreshing fruit flavors.

I really liked nectar honeycomb, but it is a bit hard to describe. It's sort of like a complex vanilla. The ingredients include ylang ylang, which imparts a complex, slightly floral unique taste. There's also toffee in there.

Wildberry lavender was also quite good. I didn't really detect the lavender, but it was very bright and fruity.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Wow, $12 for a pint?! Yikes. You made me wanna buy it too ;) I just tried Enlightened's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for the first time. I love it! Easily a top five. It's so simple yet addicting. I love all the crunchy chips throughout, although I wish there were more cookie dough pieces!