BEING SOBER..

I am brand new to this whole thing and feeling a little lost....? Overwhelmed? I'm not quite sure. I would love to build a support on here as no one from my Facebook or contacts is on here. I am trying to live a more healthy lifestyle to match my sobriety. I will be 5 years clean on June 27th. And I am damn proud of that.... BUT I put on a nice bit of "clean weight". Yeah, right! I'm incredibly unhealthy now and am working to change that. I don't know how to add people yet, (lol) but I would love some new friends!! Anyone in??

Replies

• hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Sure I'm always up for new friends :)
  • PhotogirlTX
    PhotogirlTX Posts: 85 Member
    Love your boxer picture... I have two of them. :-) Good Luck! You can add me as a friend if you want, my diary is open. I have lost 50 pounds this year since 1/1/2018, and I have 56 more to go for goal.. so I plan on sticking around for a while! There is also a really good thread in the Challenge's section that is called "Less Alcohol in May One Day at a Time" (changes month after month.. but it has a great support group of people who have quit, who are moderating, or those who need help quiting.. you should check it out, they could always use support from someone who has been so successful for so long.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10663704/less-alcohol-may-2018-one-day-at-a-time#latest
  • jaxon250
    jaxon250 Posts: 12 Member
    Im going sober too, sent you a fr x
  • donnajeanjones
    donnajeanjones Posts: 9 Member
    congrats on being sober.. That is a big accomplishment, and that says you can, and will, do whatever you set your mind to.. you can add me for support.. :)
  • BipolarSora
    BipolarSora Posts: 21 Member
    I'm barely six months sober... My steak of alcoholism was 10 years to recently. I'll add ya buddy
  • SouthernCountryGirl
    SouthernCountryGirl Posts: 195 Member
    Congratulations on your sobriety!! I am a recovering alcoholic myself, nine years sober last month. It’s a tremendous feat for anyone to undertake, I know, I spent a month in rehab and the years following that trying to rebuild my life. It’s only in the last couple of years that I’ve gained the strength and confidence to feel good about myself. I’ve been with MFP since 2011 off and on, but back permanently (yep I said that without hesitation) since September and have lost 43 pounds. I welcome your friend request if any of you are interested. Bless you all for fighting the good fight, we are winners!
  • Annalee82_
    Annalee82_ Posts: 320 Member
    Congratulations on your sobriety and good luck with the new healthy lifestyle!
  • TornadoTrace
    TornadoTrace Posts: 66 Member
    I've been sober for about 4 months and I've lost about 12lbs from just being good lol. Congrats to everyone who is making good choices to better your mental and physical health. Always looking for friends who are going through the same as me. Good luck!! Feel free to add! :)