Cauliflower Rice Recipes

mandiegold941
mandiegold941 Posts: 67 Member
What are some favorites? I bought some from Trader Joe's and then realized I don't know what to do with it.

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,601 Member
    I just use it raw as a rice or cous cous substitute. Make a half and half mix if you want the texture of real starch.
  • SunshineScone
    SunshineScone Posts: 1 Member
    Fried cauliflower rice
  • Erin0123
    Erin0123 Posts: 1 Member
    I add it to my oatmeal for bulk.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited May 2018
    I make yellow “rice” and beans with it and eat it with chicken or a burger. Just dump the cauli rice in a small pot with a cut up onion, add one or two table spoons light butter, a can of black beans (you could use whatever beans you like) and then add a packet of sazon. Tastes just as good as the real thing o:)
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    edited May 2018
    Singapore fried rice. Add mixed veggies (corn, peas, carrots), chicken breast and/ or shrimp, scrambled eggs. Season with curry powder, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce.

Also add to soups with chicken, broth, and veggies.

• lkratovich01
    lkratovich01 Posts: 1 Member
    Rice substitute for homemade "Chipotle" burrito bowls, add a little lemon juice to it. top it with ground turkey, cheese, sauce, beans, corns, whatever you want :)

i've also make fried rice! chicken, peas, carrots, scrambled eggs, celery, reduced sodium soy sauce.

i've seen others make cheese sauce for mac and cheese, but i don't have a recipe for it unfortunately.

best of luck, it can get overwhelming!
  • shortie555
    shortie555 Posts: 37 Member
    I put it in a pan, cut up fake sausage - Trader Joes sells them too and put tomato sauce on it. Bake it on 350 for like 25/30 minutes - really good!
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    I really like making it into Spanish rice, then serve it in burrito bowl or as a side dish for enchilada wraps, tacos, etc.

Other variations: Masala rice, veggie fried rice, lemon and herbs rice
  • sschauer513
    sschauer513 Posts: 313 Member
    Pretty much anything that you would use regular rice for substitute cauliflower rice. I do stuffed peppers with it some ground turkey, peppers, sauce, and rice fill and bake 25 mins. And other smoked sausage, rice, broccoli, peppers, and pasta sauce cook up in pan like stir fry.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    What are some favorites? I bought some from Trader Joe's and then realized I don't know what to do with it.

You literally can't go wrong by doing a Google search on Cauliflower recipes and just picking one that sounds good to you and running with it. I have yet to find one I have not liked.

Disclaimer, I have not tried a few based on not liking some of the ingredients in the recipe. If you find one and you're not sure about an ingredient, Google it.

When in doubt Google out!

• ClaudiaDawn2
    ClaudiaDawn2 Posts: 103 Member
    Cauliflower crust pizza.