25 lbs, who is with me?

Replies

• sheshemac2012
    sheshemac2012 Posts: 12 Member
    Me! I would love to lose 25 lbs. Will settle for 22 at the least. How long do we have? I think the end of August is a good end goal for me. I understand other could lose more or less depending on starting weight. I'm in!
  • mz144
    mz144 Posts: 216 Member
    Great weigh in this week, super excited with where I'm at right now. Have a wedding to go to tonight so I need to stay focused and continue making good choices so I can keep this weight loss rolling. Hope everyone's doing well, have a great weekend!
  • jkirschba
    jkirschba Posts: 3 Member
    Would love to join you. I have about 25 pounds to lose.
  • PeaceQT18
    PeaceQT18 Posts: 56 Member
    Hey all, I started my weight loss journey in 2011 where I was over 256lbs and since then every year I've lost a drastic amount of weight but I gain it over and over. My longest plateau was from 2012-2015 where I was yo-yoing 20lbs up and down, from 205-225 and then finally in 2015 I got more serious and dropped to 197, which was the lightest I had been since my junior high school years. Since then, I tried different pills, prescribed and over the counter, which really didn't help me loose much. Then I did a crazy 500 calories a day HCG diet which actually helped me drop to 187 in less than 2 months (I would NEVER do that one again). It did help me drop to the 187-195lbs yo-yoing and since then I have been stuck again yo-yoing again from 187-195 and so this past week I've begun my low carb, calorie counting journey again.

My plan is low carb, high protein and low calories as well. I will not stick to this diet after I meet the 20-30lb weight loss goal but then I will continue the low carb lifestyle. I started this plan on 5/2, I weighed in at 196.4 and as of this morning 5/13 (11 days later) I am at 185 (11lbs down :o:p ). I am also aware the first 10lbs are water weight but weight is weight and no matter what it looks great on your body and on that scale!!! I am also fully aware that the low carb lifestyle is very difficult to stick with since in my culture 'CARBS are our main dish, but I know that is the best method for me to loose weight.

I am hoping to drop another 2+lbs a week hoping it to be closer to 5-7lbs a week, but any loss would be great. I am going on vacation in 3 1/2 weeks and my birthday is in 4 weeks and by then I am hoping to be 10-30 lbs lighter (the more the better but anything would be great) and I will make sure to maintain that weight loss by counting calories and living a low carb lifestyle and by then I will commit to hitting the gym as well. I will try to remember to post my progress. I don't remember ever seeing the 170s so that would be a great milestone I will be excited to share:o ... My height is almost 5'7" so I should be closer to 120s-160s but I'm aiming for anything at this point B)
  • brocktoon666
    brocktoon666 Posts: 74 Member
    Good for you @PeaceQT18!

I had my 3rd or 4th lifting session last night. Doing a 5x5 routine and making progress. Not as achy as I was before lifting. Hope to start seeing muscle definition and my clothes fitting better although I expect some weight gain from water for a week or two.

I am going to bike or run between sessions if possible since those calories are “countable.”
  • PeaceQT18
    PeaceQT18 Posts: 56 Member
    I’m still not at the point where I want to lift weights. At this time I just want that scale to go down and then I will hit the weights for definition but keep up the good work @brocktoon666
  • cassandralovvve
    cassandralovvve Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2018
    I have lost about 19 pounds now from 191!! You can do it!!! ✌
  • brocktoon666
    Lifted three times this week doing a 5x5 program with compound movements. Great to have a lot of pain relief from working muscles. And also seeing some muscle definition.
  • brocktoon666
    Weight has gone up but I am confident it is muscle and water retention since I am in the full swing of a lifting routine again. Stomach fat has decreased for sure.

Kicked off this morning with squats, bench, planking, and deadlifts. Feeling good!
  • mz144
    Haven't posted here in a while but things have been going good. With it being warm out now I'm constantly outside and away from the kitchen so it's so much easier to not snack and I've really been seeing a change in my weight lately. I have a mini goal I want to be at by my anniversary (June 15th) and have been working my butt of to reach it, not too far away so I'm confident I can do it.
  • Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    I'm in. I'm down about 7 pounds in the last 7/8 weeks. So it's moving slowly, but its moving. I'm 166, my ultimate goal is about 35lbs but I'm in for 25 now. My goals are 5lbs at a time.

I consistently get 15-20k steps a day
    cardio 2 days a week (changing it to three days a week starting today)
    Strength training 2 days a week

I eat 1500-1700 a day
  • torabelle79
    torabelle79 Posts: 63 Member
    I have 28lb to loose. I've already lost 16lb. It's taking ages and I can't really see the change, but clothes are looser. I do feel like this is going to take ages, but reading other people's journeys keep me going. Good luck
  • BEASTFIELD314
    BEASTFIELD314 Posts: 660 Member
    Right now, goal is 30 pounds. Slightly higher than what you are looking at (25 lbs). Feel free to add me.
  • brocktoon666
    Feeling totally exhausted today from lifting yesterday, little sleep, and totally hungry but have staved off bad decisions so far today and have kept carbs at a minimum. I am going to hop on the bike or something to at least get moving, once I eat dinner I will gorge a bit.
  • Lindsaykathryn
    Lindsaykathryn Posts: 27 Member
    Follow me on Instagram for weightloss motivation!
    @Lindsaykathryn1
    I am also looking for new friends on here! I have lost 50lbs since 12-29-17 and still going about 25lbs left!!
  • mz144
    Started intermittent fasting about a week ago and along with continued healthy eating habits and exercising I'm down 3 pounds. So I'm super excited and so close to my anniversary mini goal! Once I hit my mini goal, I plan on slowing down the weight loss and take my time getting to my final goal. Don't want to lose it all too quickly and then just gain it all back. It's got to be about making lifestyle changes that I will forever continue and being healthy about it.
  • brocktoon666
    In China for two weeks, let’s see if an eastern diet has any effect. I will be walking a lot and fortunately there are gyms here so I can keep up my strength training. But it will be hard to login and track food since I will not know the names of them, or their calorie content unless it’s packaged. Cheers all and keep up the good work.
  • mz144
    Continuing to fight for my mini goal as the day quickly approaches. Started a new exercise routine that's left me sore the last few days so hopefully some reward comes from it. Today's a rest day for me to give my muscles a chance to heal. Measurements at the end of the week, hoping to see some big losses. :#
  • mz144
    Been having a really great month this June, I'm able to keep shedding the pounds and was able to go on a mini vacation without gaining any. Very proud of myself and the choices I made when we were eating out. Hope everyone is doing well!
  • Maddi1975
    Maddi1975 Posts: 4 Member
    I am in. I want to lose 27 lbs. I will be logging in calorie montoring/exercising a week on Friday.