Need motivation to start going back to the gym, i miss working out?

dniania
dniania Posts: 251 Member
What can i do to motivate myself

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    ....if you miss working out isnt that enough?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    dniania wrote: »

go.
  • dniania
    dniania Posts: 251 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    ....if you miss working out isnt that enough?

No lol i need a helping hand , especially since my gym partner is gone
  • Annalee82_
    Annalee82_ Posts: 320 Member
    wayne-dyer-quotes_10442-1.png
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Set a goal.
  • Keto_N_Iron
    Keto_N_Iron Posts: 5,385 Member
    If you miss it... then that's motivation... right?
  • jmac81mfp
    jmac81mfp Posts: 1 Member
    Dont go..u are perfect for me
  • freehorses92
    freehorses92 Posts: 7 Member

You need to find the right workout for you. Less of a workout when you find something you enjoy. For me it was PiYo. Hated running, hated stationary bikes and lifting weights. I did one PiYo video at home and was hooked ever since.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member

You need to start good habits. Training your body is one of the easiest things you can do.....once you have begun to train your mind. Start with discipline and accomplishment tasks. When you wake up in the morning count to 5 and get out of bed.....do not lay there past 5. As soon as you get up, make your bed. This sends a signal that you are up and not going back. Do 5 mins of any kind of exercise, even stretching. This is not meant to be a workout, but a trigger to your brain that you are becoming health conscious. Sit down for 10 mins and do absolutely nothing but think about your day. Plan it out as best as you can. Don't get through your day accidentally, plan it and do your best to stick to it. Eat something for breakfast. Anything, even if it's not considered "healthy" at first. As you train yourself to be more health aware your food choices will be too.

The brain is all anyone needs to train to succeed in gaining better health and fitness. If you want it mentally, and have built a core of good habits, the rest is fairly easy.
  • jaycanchu
    jaycanchu Posts: 265 Member
    Show up. You don’t need a partner. Decide what you want to accomplish, research the best way to reach those goals, start tracking your exercise on here, and follow it