Why do people get in relationships when they aren’t over someone else / still like someone else?

dniania
dniania Posts: 251 Member
:/:/:/:/:/

Replies

• NerdyFlex
    NerdyFlex Posts: 1,672 Member
    They do it to try and get their mind off of that person. It’s basically just a physical distraction
  • dniania
    NerdyFlex wrote: »
    They do it to try and get their mind off of that person. It’s basically just a physical distraction

Why can’t they do other things like go to the gym? Hang with friends ? My sister is trying to motivate me to go out with someone else but i still love my ex lol so i chose the gym instead of another guy lol
  • dniania
    CatsIvuE wrote: »
    For the pants party

I love parties B) as long as cake is there !
  • Annalee82_
    Annalee82_ Posts: 320 Member
    dniania wrote: »

Why can’t they do other things like go to the gym? Hang with friends ? My sister is trying to motivate me to go out with someone else but i still love my ex lol so i chose the gym instead of another guy lol

She wants you to go out with him.. or to get in a relationship with him? These can be two very different things.
  • dniania
    Annalee82_ wrote: »

She wants you to go out with him.. or to get in a relationship with him? These can be two very different things.

Go out with him but i don’t want to not until my heart is 100% cured , it takes me super long to get over someone for some reason
  • dniania
    CatsIvuE wrote: »
    For the pants party

You mean the "no pants party"

I rather not wear pants.

;)
  • Annalee82_
    Annalee82_ Posts: 320 Member

Go out with him but i don’t want to not until my heart is 100% cured , it takes me super long to get over someone for some reason

There's nothing wrong with that. Take the time you need, and tell your sister to leave you alone about it.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Some people really don't like to be alone. Others prefer to take more time. It is very individual.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Why do people get in relationships when they aren’t over someone else / still like someone else?
    I have a friend who was dumped on her b-day by someone she loved...she didn't like being alone...she 'picked a guy' she already knew and said (to me ) 'I don't totally hate him'...4 years later...they share a mortgage but she often mentions contingency plans...

Forked up sheet to me
  • dniania
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    How would you know if they are over there ex ?
    Maybe they fell out of love along time ago and they finally decided to break up and date someone soon after.
    Every story is different .

I’m referring to my situation lol but i know people who do it to get over someone
  • dniania
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I have a friend who was dumped on her b-day by someone she loved...she didn't like being alone...she 'picked a guy' she already knew and said (to me ) 'I don't totally hate him'...4 years later...they share a mortgage but she often mentions contingency plans...

Forked up sheet to me

That’s crazzyy
  • dniania
    Just to understand clearly, your talking about a rebound relationship right?

What’s that
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    With all the posts you’ve made have been about relationships, my advice to you is be single for a while and enjoy yourself! Don’t let just any guy swoon you
    Cause MAS