Don't like decline bench ?

Options
AsrarHussain
AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
I am training at a new gym, it does not have a decline machine, this decline machine was like a chest press but it hit the muscle a decline would.

I don't like the regular decline bench as it gives me a head rush and also I don't like the feeling of it.

What substitute could I do to hit the same muscle group.

I understand you can't target a muscle but you can put more emphasis on certain areas.

Replies

• jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Huh? You can certainly target specific muscles. You can’t target fat loss. If you don’t like decline bench press try wide grip weighted dips...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Wide dips.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Stockholm_Andy
    Stockholm_Andy Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I've been beaten to it but I was also going to suggest wide dips.

• tlpina82
    tlpina82 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Wide dips.

I was going to suggest that and Cables on an upper angle.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    I don't like the regular decline bench as it gives me a head rush and also I don't like the feeling of it.

It doesn't require much of a decline to emphasize the lower chest, so if the bench is adjustable, try reducing the decline. Or do a decline press on a Smith machine.
    Also see if they have a Hammer Strength plate-loaded machine. I believe it's called Iso-Lateral Wide Chest.
  • oilphins
    oilphins Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    Huh? You can certainly target specific muscles. You can’t target fat loss. If you don’t like decline bench press try wide grip weighted dips...

This is the perfect exercise for that.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Or heavy back arch on flat bench though you might get some hate. I second the cable flys. I can't do dips due to a shoulder injury otherwise they'd be my primary chest movemrnt aside from competition bench
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Meh, dips hits more front delts than chest & triceps. My vote is with jessef593 for heavy back arch