Party snacks/desserts (looking for recommendations)

elphie754
elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
So this week is National EMS week, and we always have bbqs. Somehow I ended up being on the volunteer list to bring snacks and desserts for my station. Looking for some good snacks/desserts that aren’t just “chips and dip” or a store bought cake. Because of my allergies, I need wheat, oat and barley free suggestions. I also have to be mindful of tree nuts because we have two members who are deathly allergic.

Thanks!!!!!

Replies

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Veggie or fruit tray. Deviled eggs.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    I second the veggie and fruit tray. This way ppl with common food allergies will still be able to eat something.
    I'd bring a nice cheese and crackers tray too ( even though you can't eat crackers)
    I would also pick up a few bags of tortilla chips and guacamole to help fill up the table.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Garlic roasted chickpeas
    Jalapenos stuffed with pimento cheese
    Bacon cheddar fingerling potatoes with a chive sour cream dip
    Meringue cookies
    Fruit parfait
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Sugar free jello mold with fruit inside
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    This cheesecake might be okay.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10500016/low-calorie-protein-cheesecake/p1
    Chocolate dipped strawberries
    Fruit salad

Stuffed mushrooms, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes or zucchini
    Meatballs
    Caprese salad skewers
    Smoked salmon, cream cheese and cucumber bites
    Cheese, marinated olives, pickles
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Assorted pickles and olives
    Chicken skewers
    Bacon wrapped asparagus
    Quiche
    Shrimp cocktail
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Jalapeno popper dip or spinach & artichoke dip - just as tasty without the breadcrumb topping, and can stay warm in a small crockpot. Veggies, tortilla chips for dipping.

Cream cheese and salami roll-ups

Watermelon, feta, and arugula salad

Marinated veggies

Deviled eggs

And . . . ice cream sundae bar for dessert? Fruit salad?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    I like dessert platters.... Fruit, small cookies, wafers, sweets/small chocolates, mini muffins or cupcakes, popcorn, sweet dips (chocolate, caramel, fruity)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,895 Member
    I usually make these with the spices but my OH doesn't like them spicy so last night I made them without and they were AMAZING. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/221149/chef-johns-chili-chocolate-cookies/

There's only a half cup of flour so your favorite wheat flour substitute should work just fine.

(I normally sub 60 grams of chopped nuts for the 1 cup dark chocolate chips - am adding that for other people reading or your future reference as I see you need to be tree nut-free for this event.)

But if you're limited on time, just go with a fruit platter.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Tortilla chips and queso.
  • 4rtistry
    4rtistry Posts: 33 Member
    Lounmoun wrote: »

This is what I was going to suggest. Throw in 1.5 tsp of orange or lemon extract with vanilla protein powder and you have a great dreamsicle or lemon cloud cheesecake. I like to grate a little vanilla almond bark on top for garnish, along with a swirl of the appropriate food coloring. Comes out pretty and everyone loves it.

• checkmatekingtwo
    checkmatekingtwo Posts: 118 Member
    Instead of chips, try Harvest Snaps -- the assorted types are made from either lentils, green pea crisps, snap peas, black beans, etc. Eat just like chips, but packed with protein and fiber. Baked (not fried). Compared to chips, much less fat and GLUTEN FREE. Plus, if you hide the packages, nobody will know it's not junk food!
  • Loveslupins
    Loveslupins Posts: 67 Member
    Fruit Salsa with cinnamon tortilla chips!