Incredible WOO "news" article about losing weight by taking off your shoes

checkmatekingtwo
checkmatekingtwo Posts: 118 Member
edited May 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
I could not believe anyone could print this article and maintain any credibility:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/05/20/removing-shoes-entering-house-could-help-people-stay-slim-scientists/

Replies

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Why am I not already skinny?
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Oh, dear Lord! Obesogens? :D
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    COGypsy wrote: »
    I lose weight taking off my shoes every time I get weighed at the doctor's office...

Well, to be fair, just taking your shoes off doesn't solve the problem - you also have to eat completely organic and never introduce chemical cleaners into your house and clean like a fanatic (with natural cleaners of course).

I did think when I saw the article's headline that they were going to say you absorb contaminants through the soles of your feet, but thankfully that didn't come up.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    mph323 wrote: »
    I lose weight taking off my shoes every time I get weighed at the doctor's office...

Well, to be fair, just taking your shoes off doesn't solve the problem - you also have to eat completely organic and never introduce chemical cleaners into your house and clean like a fanatic (with natural cleaners of course).

I did think when I saw the article's headline that they were going to say you absorb contaminants through the soles of your feet, but thankfully that didn't come up.

Ah yes, explains all of my problems with obesity. :-)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Didn't click the link, but this sounds like some Mercola-level woo.
  • summpear
    summpear Posts: 77 Member
    I'd love to vacuum often.

But I'm too busy going to the gym and workout out. Oh.. and actually getting skinny.
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,633 Member
    I could not believe anyone could print this article and maintain any credibility:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2018/05/20/removing-shoes-entering-house-could-help-people-stay-slim-scientists/

Oh I saw that one yesterday! I got a headache from rolling my eyes so hard.

edit: it involves "obesogens". They're all over your house! Run!

You mean these? http://thedoctorsthirdheart.blogspot.com/2011/03/adipose.html
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Didn't click the link, but this sounds like some Mercola-level woo.

It is, basic idea of the article is that we are not responsible for being fat, it's all the chemikilz and processed foods that are making us fat.
  • mph323
    By the way, here's the last paragraph of the article:

Commenting on the study Dr Peter Jenkinson, Toxicologist and Managing Director, Consultancy for Environmental & Human Toxicology and Risk Assessment (CEHTRA) France and UK, added: “Some of the recommendations given are sensible but not for reasons of obesity avoidance. Choosing local products, for example, can reduce carbon emissions.
    There is no evidence given in this abstract that indicates that adopting any of these recommendations will actually reduce obesity."
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member

That's next week's article
  • mph323

That's next week's article

that does seem like a natural next step. They already have those weird "foot detox" things on QVC that change color when you soak your feet with them, so you can see all the "toxins" coming out.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Almost as much credibility as chicken nuggets making people gay.
  • lyndsfattofit
    lyndsfattofit Posts: 33 Member
    I saw an article or something where it said to reduce your weight 'remove your shoes when you come in the house' and I couldn't for the life of me work out why or where it came from now I know. I have no words. Just eat less then you burn. Boom weightloss!