NSV's

Replies

• elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I'm with you bozmo.
    It's really about execution for me, too. Too much dilly dallying, too many excuses. Just need to focus and GO!!
    Soooo many NSVs when I do it right.
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    cici52 wrote: »
    Love reading your successes. I swapped out seasonal clothing today and wondered if I dared throw out the fall/winter stuff that I hope will not fit. Anybody else taken that leap of faith?

I got some containers at the hardware store and moved most of them down to the basement. The weight started coming off so fast after not budging for so long that I was nervous about giving them all away right away! I’m about to start loading up my next container. :*
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    K, so I started keto on the first of the year, and in late March I had a nasty light-headed-bradycardic-couldn’t-see moment. I’d had a few similar but much milder episodes years ago while nursing my son, but since that huge one I’ve been having them several times a day. So I went to the doctor and of course I told her about the diet, because it would be irresponsible not to, and she was...not impressed. She proceeded to list a bunch of things I might be deficient in as a result of eating this way, murmured something about the brain using carbs, and ordered a bunch of blood work.

It came back perfect today. Not a bad number in the bunch. Cholesterol, electrolytes, vitamins, triglycerides—every level was solidly in the green. So I have to go back and get a cardio work up and that sucks, but in the meantime, I have confirmation that I don’t just “feel” healthy on keto; I am healthy.

Through some witchcraft I even had enough potassium.

good to hear!
    but I would argue that the guidelines for electrolytes are low for keto'ers (and for migraine sufferers). If all your markers are good perhaps consider upping the electrolytes, especially for light headed and/or arrhythmic things. and... find a new doc.
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,672 Member
    edited May 2018
    K, so I started keto on the first of the year, and in late March I had a nasty light-headed-bradycardic-couldn’t-see moment. I’d had a few similar but much milder episodes years ago while nursing my son, but since that huge one I’ve been having them several times a day.
    Have no idea if these are or are not related (am NOT a doctor) but in case you are interested:
    (1) I lost vision for a moment and it came right back and i was diagnosed with a TIA (mini-stroke) which was so mild and fast it left no side effects, but now I take blood thinners for life. I have had Atrial Fibrillation which can cause clots that can cause TIA's.
    or (2) From Wikipedia: "Despite the temporary nature of the vision loss, those experiencing amaurosis fugax are usually advised to consult a physician immediately as it is a symptom that may herald serious vascular events, including stroke."
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Bump
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Yay! Congrats.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    0426Jamie wrote: »
    So this one is kind of scale related...

For the first time since at least high school, as of yesterday, my BMI is now just “Overweight” instead of “Obsese” :smiley:

That's AWESOME!!!