Ice Cream PSA!!!!

Replies

• rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    I want to try that brand. I dislike HT as well. I actually really love Enlightened. You ever try it?

I had never even heard of it, so I'm going to try it as well!
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member

Their website has a "where to buy" function. https://chillycow.com/?gclid=CMitzfjwmdsCFcLXswodOpILXw&gclsrc=ds

Ugh. An ice cream company using some women who absolutely would not eat the stuff boobs and butts (wtf...) to sell their product? To other women, no less. On that alone, No Thanks.

gr9ndnc576j5.png

Well, this was just a PSA, letting people know that this option is out there. If you're not into their marketing, then that's just fine! You do what you gotta do :)

I, on the other hand, will be over here eating a tub!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    A cow with a sweater on! Worth trying for that.

yeah, cause its chilly
  • alcomer
    alcomer Posts: 101 Member
    The brown butter salted caramel is sooooo gooood!!!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    I have a coupon for this, but the store that offers the coupon doesn't sell chilly cow. I've seen it at my Walmart, though. Gonna have to pick that up. I like HT, but kind of annoyed with the increased calories of some of my favorite flavors. Plus, the dairy free versions get intermingled with the regular versions and the DF versions are naaaaaaaaaaaaasty.
  • Antmaril
    Antmaril Posts: 43 Member
    I bought the Chilly Cow Brown Butter Salted Caramel today at Walmart. So good! I think it is way better than Halo Top and I like Halo Top. $3.98 for a two tub pack.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    i have a couple of the half pints and a couple of the bars in my freezer. . they are my favorite so far./
  • ConnieT1030
    ConnieT1030 Posts: 894 Member
    Hey dont trust their where to buy locator, just check for yourself- I was out last night anyway (our anniversary today) <3 so I checked the walmart (which is almost 20 miles away) and they DO carry it!! (Was NOT on their locator.) :angry:
    I picked up the chocolate brownie and mint chocolate but havent had a chance to try them yet, probably this evening and Im excited about it! \o/ :)
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I love enlightened I have the movie night ice cream- wonderful and the salted caramel ice cream bars- so good. I will buy the chilly cow brand next since you guys recommend it so well. I want the chocolate flavor
  • IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    edited May 2018
    Unless you live and die by macros, save yourself some money and just buy a regular brand of no sugar added light ice cream or froyo for the same amount of calories. The Breyers NSA vanilla tastes just like their regular ice cream and clocks in at 160 calories per cup. Those diet ice creams don’t taste very good to me.
  • DreaDarling87
    DreaDarling87 Posts: 46 Member
    I just bought some chilly cow today after seeing this thread and it is my new favorite icecream. I've never been a fan of halo top because of the consistency but this stuff tastes more like real icecream than any other light icecream I've tried. And it's about 2 dollars cheaper than halo top where I live.
  • swhiteism
    swhiteism Posts: 71 Member
    Thanks for this thread! Had the brownie batter today. Delicious!
  • cdudley628
    cdudley628 Posts: 547 Member
    Ibotta has $2 cash back on a pack, up to 2 per receipt
  • melodysf10
    melodysf10 Posts: 35 Member
    That sounds yummy. I have seen it at the store but never paid any attention. Now I'll definitely have to try it.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Mmmm Chillycow is far superior to Halo Top in my opinion. And I tried the new Skinny Cow ice cream pints, also superior!
  • shoofly435
    shoofly435 Posts: 74 Member
    Can you believe this isn't sold anywhere in NYC :/

I may have to drive to NJ and load up.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2018
    Personally my favorite is Enlightened! The Movie Night flavor is so indulgent for around 360 calories (depending on weight on scale). I also like the Chocolate Peanut Butter, Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch, Red Velvet, & French Toast is alright.

With Halo Top I'm pretty much over that brand with the exception of Birthday Cake & the Gingerbread flavor (seasonal).
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Tried chillycow and it was bland and a total waste of calories.

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    I still like Halo Top but I just tasted the 4 flavors of Enlightened I recently bought when I had my car and the time to stop at the grocery store that's not within walking distance of my apartment. Well, ok, that's not close enough for the ice cream to be completely melted before I got home.

Chocolate peanut butter...I think I need to try more because I wasn't as wowed as I thought I'd be.

French Toast...It was ok. I'm not sure I'm down with breakfast food flavored ice cream. Halo Top's pancakes and waffles grew on me tho.

Birthday cake...is birthday cake and it was very creamy. :)

Movie Night...now we're talking! Mix ins looked plentiful and I should have bought more but I have to make my way through like the 8 other pints of various proteiny type ice creams to make room in my freezer first.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    next time im in walmart ill try to remember to look for it. halo top is disgusting.

problem is, i only go to walmart about once every 3-4 months lolol