The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Also, last 62-hr shift! Woo-hooooo!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,188 Member
    Looks like the flooding here isn't going to be as bad as predicted. That's a great thing! :smile:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    New flood warnings for southern Interior, as military arrives https://infotel.ca/newsitem/new-flood-warnings-for-southern-interior-as-military-arrives/it52661
  • sufferlandrian
    We've got a bunch of flood warning around here too. It's amazing the amount of water that comes from snowmelt.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Yikes! You guys be careful!

It's a lovely warm and rainy evening here, and I am having trouble staying awake.
  • sufferlandrian
    I'm having a problem with being asked to identify someone as a gender other than their genetics, based only on how they feel. If I have to identify someone as a gender other than their genetic gender based only on how they feel, I should be able to retire and collect social security. I feel like a 70 year old man tonight. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Last week with no help. I will still be working but only to help train, I can catch naps and don't have to write records. :smile:
  • canadjineh
    Delegation of paperwork... the greatest thing since sliced bread. No, wait, better!
  • sufferlandrian
    I have to agree with that. As soon as I can delegate paperwork I'll have to do it. :smile:

Someone remind me not to ride to work in a 20 mph headwind. :frowning:
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 616 Member
    My motorcycle doesn't care about headwind. :-)
  • canadjineh
    Ahhh, but it makes the ride home so much easier. Unless of course it's that old ' walking uphill to school both ways' sort of scenario.

These are for you @rlpomeroy, (I'm Italian, so it was Vespa or Ducati - I like both)
    1mn67g1zeq0j.png
    f5s8ow8ha8tk.png

• rlpomeroy
    I had an Aprilia ('07 Tuono) for a while. I have a Yamaha and a Victory now.
  • canadjineh
    Used to own a vintage racing bike - 1974 Yamaha RD 350 - a total pain in the keester though - always having electrical points trouble.
  • sufferlandrian
    edited May 2018
    kkjbes72ql7m.png Triumph Trophy 900.
    This was my old motorcycle. It may not care about a headwind, but crosswinds were a bugger.
  • Bill_Keto
    Bill_Keto Posts: 108 Member
    nv5kaql2cau6.jpg

I have changed it a bit. now has a trunk and hard bags.

• sufferlandrian
    Nice bike. Look at that engine! You've really maintained it well.
  • sufferlandrian
    I run puncture resistant tires on my commuter bike. Two days in a row I've gotten flats. Guess they were right to list them as puncture resistant, not puncture proof.
  • rlpomeroy
    That sucks. I've probably ridden 300,000 miles over the years and have never had a flat.
  • rlpomeroy
    My current daily ride.
    6dt045vj5d3i.jpg
  • canadjineh
    @sufferlandrian, what were your punctures caused by - or did you ever find out? sidewall? (not quite so puncture resistant there. Ask me how I know, lol)