What We're Eating Weekly

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    momma_rose wrote: »
    I have a question. It seems like you eat more filling things than I do which is awesome. But was wondering about keeping carbs under the limit. I'm having a real problem with using carbs up and having like 4 or 5 left for supper yet I have 995 calories left to use. I'm new. Guess you can tell lol. Would love your insight on it.

You might want to start your own thread for this, but generally if you look at your diary you should be able to identify which foods are contributing the most carbohydrates to your diet. Eating less of those earlier in the day will give you more to have later.

Also, it looks like you may have adjusted your carbohydrate goal to be lower than the default. Is there a reason for that? If you adjust your goals lower but still eat things like potatoes, higher carbohydrate soups, and fruit, you're going to struggle.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    English muffin with avocado and tomato
    Leftover protein plus pasta with chicken sausage, mushrooms, and spinach
    Cheeseburger and salad greens

Going out for ice cream! Maybe one scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough or mint chip in a cone?
  • GirlWithCookies
    GirlWithCookies Posts: 138 Member
    No breakfast today.

Lunch: plain nonfat Greek yogurt with blueberry preserves and Cheerios

Dinner: black beans, corn, baked chicken breast

Snacks: Austin peanut butter crackers; carrot sticks with Cedar's balsamic and caramelized onion hummus (I'd never seen this before — can't wait to try it!)
  • MushroomLadyJR
    MushroomLadyJR Posts: 89 Member
    Good morning all,

Breakfast: So excited for this one...grilled cheese sandwich with veggie bacon.

Lunch: Large wrap with cheese, peppers, tomatoes, spinach, mustard. An orange and a small apple.

Dinner: leftover tuna pasta putanesca on a bed of spinach.

Dessert: Alpro go on yogurt with cocoa, soya milk for tea throughout the day.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Breakfast: oatmeal with soy milk, cinnamon, and diced apple

Lunch: angel hair pasta with sun dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and lentils, an orange...maybe a tossed green salad with balsamic vinaigrette if I feel like it

Dinner: tofu and red bell pepper in peanut sauce over white rice
  • chornak05
    chornak05 Posts: 135 Member
    Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with diced peppers and onions, banana, coffee with peppermint mocha creamer
    Lunch: Mixed green salad with cucumbers and snap peas, crackers and cheese, Kirkland protein bar
    Snacks: Yoplait Greek Yogurt, Apple, mixed berries
    Dinner: spaghetti with sauce, 1 piece garlic bread, salad
    Late Snack: 1/2 pint Enlightened ice cream
  • lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    So far, the plan for today...

Breakfast: kodiak double chocolate muffin and a cutie

Lunch: Raisin bran with sliced almonds and dried cranberries, 1/2 c of almond milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon

Snack: TBD.... maybe some nut thins or a bell pepper (if the one in my fridge is still good) and a laughing cow wedge

Dinner: The leftover mushroom/beef burger from last night with toppings and a side of cheesy cauliflower

Leftover calories will be spent on whatever I'm in the mood for before bed... possibly some of the Enlightened peanut butter chocolate chip ice cream I have in the freezer!

• JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Breakfast: Thomas' everything bagel thin with Neufchatel cheese
    Lunch: salad (romaine, chicken breast, hard boiled egg, croutons and Ken's Light & Creamy Parmesan Peppercorn dressing) and a Halo
    Afternoon snack: baby carrots & roasted pine nut hummus
    Dinner: marinated grilled chicken breast, cheesy cauliflower and tater tots
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee with 2 tbsp creamer
    Lunch: Leftover taco salad with a Strawberry Cheesecake greek yogurt
    Snacks: Protein shake made with almond milk, 1/2 cup cottage cheese with blackberries, probably a cheesestick somewhere in there
    Dinner: Leftover lentil stuffed peppers we ended up not eating last night

Still have almost 200 calories remaining, but I'm going to try to hold off on eating anything else- boyfriend and I are taking an anniversary trip this weekend to Chicago so trying to bank calories so I can eat all the things!
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    1. Apple, string cheese, Smart Ones lasagna
    2. Skinny Taste baked honey-teriyaki salmon, asparagus, and cauliflower rice

Snack - popcorn, berries
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast: fried egg, toast with butter & tangerine fig jam, coffee
    Lunch: salmon teriyaki burger patty, homemade cole slaw, green beans & 1/2 serving oven fries
    Dinner: red bean & TVP "chili mac" with 1/2 serving wheat rotini & sauce made with fresh basil & tomatoes
    Dessert: English toffee 150 cal ice cream bar (Aldi)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Breakfast-protein shake and coffee
    Lunch-we had a bbq thing at work for Memorial Day. I had a brat, baked beans, potato salad, a small bag of Cheetos and a chocolate chip cookie ha! Way too much.
    Dinner will be chili
  • janejellyroll
    Breakfast: Tofu scramble with vegetables and sesame-soy salad dressing

Lunch: Japanese curry with potatoes, chickpeas, and basmati rice, Clif nut butter bar

Dinner
    : Spinach pie, roasted asparagus and mini peppers
  • MushroomLadyJR
    MushroomLadyJR Posts: 89 Member
    Yesterday's dinner plans were totally sabotaged! I blame my partner :D

Breakfast: Chocolate protein shake

Lunch: Large wrap with veggie bacon, peppers, tomatoes, spinach. A small apple, orange, and a banana.

Dinner: Quorn swedish meatballs in a spicy tomato sauce with veggies, mashed potatoes, sauteed spinach, corn

Dessert: grape nuts, soya milk for tea throughout the day.
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Breakfast: overnight oats with soy milk, banana, and peanut butter: it's too hot for a bowl of hot oatmeal

Lunch: gardein mandarin orange "chicken", broccoli, rice

Dinner: five bean chili, apple
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast: plain Greek yogurt with granola mixed in, coffee
    Lunch: grande coffee frappuccino at Starbucks (very out of character for me but it's hot & I have tons of errands to run during my lunch break before the long weekend)
    Snack: cashews
    Dinner: homemade crab nachos with tons of sautéed vegetables, fresh pineapple, craft beer
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Breakfast: Omelette w/ green peppers, onion, & cheese w/ homefries
    snack 1: 130 G strawberries
    Lunch: lean cuisine chicken ranch flatbread
    snack 2: buffbake double chocolate sandwhich cookies
    Dinner: grilled cheese & sweet potato fries
    Snacks 3 : aldis version of HT chocolate chip mint
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee with 2 tbsp creamer
    Lunch: Leftover taco salad
    Snack: Protein shake, 1 container of tuna
    Dinner: Leftover lentil stuffed peppers
    Dessert: Ruffles! Boyfriend had to go back in for something yesterday at the store and I asked him to grab me a small bag of Ruffles. He then proceeded to buy a party-size bag of the sour cream and cheddar ones (my favorite), a bag of nacho cheese Bugels (my other favorite), a bag of the mozzarella stick Ruffles, and a bag of the maple Ruffles.... gunna be eating these for weeks!
  • janejellyroll
    Breakfast: Waffle, apple, quinoa with puttanesca sauce

Lunch: Japanese curry with chickpeas, potatoes, and basmati rice, orange, strawberry chocolate Larabar

Dinner: Creamy broccoli soup, roasted asparagus and mini peppers

Snack: Whole wheat everything bagel
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Breakfast: oatmeal with strawberries and banana- coffee with half n half
    Lunch BK veggie burger with no mayo- extra veggies and i/2 order of small onion rings diet coke
    supper- breakfast- eggs scramble with light cheese mushrooms and onions, one slice bacon hot tea
    snack individual size bag of chips, diet coke and 1 serving of enlightened movie night ice cream- YUM