Britt's Goal or Bust OMAD Journey

Replies

• tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    It is definitely possible. I am rooting for you!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    @brittdee88 Good luck in LA! I think you are right, keeping up OMAD while away would make life so much easier.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    tlblanks1 wrote: »
    Britt, I think that is a good idea. You want to give yourself every advantage possible to ensure maintenance success. I would take the extra time in weight loss mode now to get as low as possible so that I won't have to re-enter it later.

I totally agree <3
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    I hadn't thought about staying with OMAD while in LA since I will be so active, but maybe I can just stay on my weight loss plan (LC 2MAD or MC OMAD on active days) until I get back. That would make life easier! I was thinking I would just stick with it til I left, but since I won't have a scale, I guess it doesn't make sense to try to maintain when I have no idea what I really weigh.
  • EstrangedTiger
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    I hadn't thought about staying with OMAD while in LA since I will be so active, but maybe I can just stay on my weight loss plan (LC 2MAD or MC OMAD on active days) until I get back. That would make life easier! I was thinking I would just stick with it til I left, but since I won't have a scale, I guess it doesn't make sense to try to maintain when I have no idea what I really weigh.

I used to have accidental OMAD days in the research lab. Looking back...

• cecezo
    cecezo Posts: 22 Member
    You are doing so well. I can't wait for the 130s
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    You are killing it Britt! So happy for you...
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    You are doing amazing Britt! I think sticking to your plan would work out well! Best of luck!
  • brittdee88
    Thanks, everyone!
    I still have no idea what I weigh because I have yet to go home since we've been working so hard, but I think it is safe to say that I will be here more often than at my own home and will use this scale for my weigh-ins until I leave for LA. I have exercised everyday for the past week with the exception of Memorial Day, so I expect to see something in the range of 138-143 on the scale tomorrow because I am one of the lucky ones who bloats horribly for the first 2-3 weeks of a workout routine. I am also doing quite a bit of weight training, which I'm sure does not improve my chances of seeing a new low. Even worse, TOM is also due right around when the workout bloating should be subsiding, so I likely won't get accurate weigh-ins until right before I leave. That's okay, though -- I am not super concerned with my weight as much as I am with being active, and I really just want to see a downward trend before I leave.
    Admittedly, I haven't followed my plan to the letter because I have had some really hungry days (especially when I have both exercised and gone out dancing), but I am planning to recommit completely for June with the allowance of a snack if I end up going out dancing at night. I am a dancing fiend, so as long as the music is good, I will easily go nonstop for 2+ hours at a time even if I am dripping in sweat! Needless to say, I get hungry! I won't have time for dancing while I'm working in CA, though, so the snack provision will likely only be used while I'm still here.
    I will be back from LA at the beginning of August, so I have decided that I will enter maintenance on September 1 (ironically, this was my original plan back in one of my past threads). Until then, I am going to be better about updating this thread.
  • brittdee88
    After reading through some of my old personal journal entries and threads, I remembered how much my long/intense workouts suffered when I was following LC, so I am moving to a more sustainable plan to fuel my new workout routine. This plan should eliminate the need for any snacks, which is super important because they can lead to binges for me. Since it is not strictly OMAD, I will just post my maintenance countdown and OMAD pics.

Active Days: FAA-Compliant 2MAD
    Pre-workout coffee/green tea
    Post-workout meal consisting of protein, veg, starch, and fat
    ~4-5 hours later, an additional meal consisting of protein, veg, and fat

Rest Days: Basic OMAD
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Sounds like a great plan. I'm jealous of all your dancing!! :)
  • EstrangedTiger
    @brittdee88 I need a 4ish hour eating window on workout days, can absolutely relate. Sounds like you have a fun cardio option - which is essential, in my opinion.
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    @brittdee88 love your dancing the night and calories away - so fun!
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    It was great catching up with your thread! Looking forward to the new plan!
  • brittdee88
    @minigrrll @dkayingram @EstrangedTiger YES! I LOOOOOVE to dance! I am going out dancing tomorrow actually. It's such a great stress relief and SO fun.
    @sammygold2015 LOVE your new picture! You are stunning!
  • brittdee88
    6/1
    Days until maintenance: 92
    Weight: 141
    Rest day = OMAD

I ate an early OMAD like the olden days because I went to brunch with friends. I forgot to take a pic, but I had Cuban coffee and gluten-free blueberry granola pancakes. SOOOO good!
    I am looking forward to some stretching today because I am super sore, but I plan to spend the rest of the afternoon and evening resting and recovering from the hard work from the project before the next one begins!
  • EstrangedTiger
    brittdee88 wrote: »
    6/1
    Days until maintenance: 92
    Weight: 141
    Rest day = OMAD

I ate an early OMAD like the olden days because I went to brunch with friends. I forgot to take a pic, but I had Cuban coffee and gluten-free blueberry granola pancakes. SOOOO good!
    I am looking forward to some stretching today because I am super sore, but I plan to spend the rest of the afternoon and evening resting and recovering from the hard work from the project before the next one begins!

Explain this Cuban coffee... (Yes, I could Google, but that is no fun!)

• brittdee88
    edited June 2018
    @EstrangedTiger it is sooooo good, and you MUST have some when you visit Havana and are not LC because it is made with a lot of sugar. I always get a "cortadito," which is an espresso and milk shot. They actually put sugar into the coffee grounds while brewing! After it's brewed, they add the milk and more sugar. I usually get mine without sugar added at the end. But it is amazing. I usually just get a plain black Cuban espresso shot with no sugar of any kind added, but since it was my rest/OMAD day, I figured I would get in some extra calories and fat with my meal since it needs to last me through the rest of the day and tomorrow morning's workout!
  • EstrangedTiger
    @brittdee88 Sounds great! I’m a sucker for drinks with strong coffee and milk. If you are ever in New Orleans, visit Cafe Du Monde.

• Eddy_65
    Eddy_65 Posts: 66 Member
    That chicken soup looks amazing. I'm a big fan of homemade soup, too.