Who wants to join me? 100-days-challenge

Patrick_Mars
Patrick_Mars Posts: 14 Member
Dear Fitness Pals,

who is interested in doing a 100-days-challenge with me? :)

This is my plan:

Everything I eat during the 100 days will be logged into Myfitnesspal.
I want to eat a certain amount of calories on average during these 100 days. (probably about 1600 kcal daily in my case). This is the only boundary.
Apart from that I can eat whatever I want.

Why here on fitnesspal?
I know that I reach a goal better when I can be held accountable ;) This boosts my motivation.

I promise to log honestly.

One more thing: I personally will not count vegetables and fruits. Why not? Because I rarely eat them. So I believe eating them for me is always better than not eating them – even if it means more calories. I have never binged on vegetables or fruits. I have to “force” myself to eat them. Vegetables and fruits have never been a danger for me.
Should I start eating them in insane masses I will count them.
Generally I might count them sometime in the future but not now.

Who wants to join me?

As I know a lot of people prefer to start diets and challenges on Mondays, I will start on Monday :) May 28th.

I will open my diary but could someone please advise me if I should open it for everybody, for fitness pals or just for friends?

Greetings from Vienna,
Patrick

Replies

• BrokenComputer
    BrokenComputer Posts: 2 Member
    edited May 2018
    I have just completed my 6th day of logging :) . Would be nice to get to a hundred!
  • catherinrose4
    catherinrose4 Posts: 18 Member
    I would love to join you in the 100 day challenge!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    I would also like to join - I have been thinking of doing 100 days of paleo since I have been bouncing all over the place for the last year. I have seen a lot of 100 day challenges on Instagram
  • Patrick_Mars
    Hello Fitnesspals,
    I really need to start monitoring my calories again...and I thought 100 days are long enough to really feel and see a difference. I hope to also inspire my family to join me.
    @carlsoda: yes, that's true. I actually got inspired by a youtube video. And I thought, yeah, I want to do this. B)
  • DannyGonzo21
    DannyGonzo21 Posts: 6 Member
    I will also join your challenge. I've decided to use this app once again for summer after a hiatus. I have my Food Diary open to public so possible pals can peer before adding/accepting requests. It's set to private by default but you can change it in settings.
  • julk188
    julk188 Posts: 55 Member
    I will join you! need to stay focused
  • Patrick_Mars
    Hi friends, thank you for your support and motivation!
    We start tomorrow. We can do 100 days! :) I'll keep you updated.
  • troysmybubba
    troysmybubba Posts: 4 Member
    I will join too. Sounds good.
  • livelifelift
    livelifelift Posts: 16 Member
    Good idea .. I was thinking of doing a personal summer challenge between Memorial Day - Labor Day. This will fit. Thanks!
  • crisberube
    crisberube Posts: 35 Member
    I am in! Im on day 2. But i plan on going well beyond 100.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,009 Member
    I’m up for a 100 days. Let’s go and good luck all. I’m Jessica in Chesapeake, VA.

I’m doing 1800 cal per day, walking daily and trying to eat more fruits/veggies. I find I like some but not all. I adore broccoli and lima beans but don’t like brussel sprouts or cabbage.

Please add me as a friend. I could use the support.

Take care,
    Jess
  • carlsoda
    Day 1 - here we go
  • Patrick_Mars
    Ok, I finished the first day successfully B) How was yours? I hope you did all well!

I weighed myself in the morning at 74kg/163lb. I want to lose at least 6kg/13lb during the next 100 days. If I calculated that correctly this would mean a weightloss of about 0,42kg/0,93lb per week. That should be manageable!
    I have set a limit of 1600 kcal per day.
    I will always weigh myself on Monday.

Thanks for your support!

@crisberube We can always go for another 100 days! :) I guess that the first 14 days or so will be the hardest. Then it gets better. Starting something new is always hard (at least for me)

Starting weight: 74kg/163lb
    Goal weight (after 100 days): 68kg/150lb
    Limit per day: 1600kcal
  • schewe1
    schewe1 Posts: 29 Member
    Day one started today. Weigh in is 142, with goal weight of 132. Daily calorie intake is 1400. Here’s to a great summer
  • catherinrose4
    catherinrose4 Posts: 18 Member
    edited May 2018
    Day one not so good for me. With the memorial holiday today, went out to eat. My calories were higher than I would like them to be. Although I did go for a 1 hour hike this morning. Plus I reached my daily steps goal of 10,000. Tomorrow will definitely be better!

My daily calorie goal: 1,500
    Starting weight: 189.6
    Goal weight: 165
  • KimberlyMontecalvo
    KimberlyMontecalvo Posts: 6 Member
    Starting today!!!!
  • Crystaledgerly
    Crystaledgerly Posts: 12 Member
    I'm in for 111 days = Sept 16!
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Starting today!

Weighed in at 146 this morning, my usual weight is closer to 140. I would like to get to 138.

Around 1700 a day
  • carlsoda
    Day 1 wasn't too bad at all for me. I'm eating paleo but I have a few protein bars I need to eat up that contain a little dairy and sugar but once they are gone, they are gone! Day 2 is going strong...great breakfast and awesome lunch already planned!
  • Patrick_Mars
    At the beginning it's quite some work...you have to plan everything in advance, weigh all the food, log everything, create the recipes...but once everything's logged and saved, it gets easier.