Military training

Please advise

Replies

• JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    ?

What about it? In the end it's all a mind game. You're either mentally tough enough to not quit or you quit. There is no middle ground. What's your actual question?
  • Sayhello2mami
    Sayhello2mami Posts: 17 Member
    JustSomeJD wrote: »
    ?

What about it? In the end it's all a mind game. You're either mentally tough enough to not quit or you quit. There is no middle ground. What's your actual question?

I want to do some military exercises. If anyone on the site is a veteran please send a friend request
  • mitchkelly2446
    mitchkelly2446 Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2018
    As said above, it's a mind game, especially in a post-conscription world. Does your desire to serve outweigh your dislike of being treated like something scraped off the bottom of your shoe?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    ?

I want to do some military exercises. If anyone on the site is a veteran please send a friend request

Are you joining the military, or...?
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    edited May 2018
    If all you're after are military exercises, there are programs available like Seal Fit: https://sealfit.com. You've just missed their Kokoro held this month, however there is another in July.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    There's not a monopoly on Pushups, Situps/crunches, Pullups, Side Straddle hops, Burpees, or running. If you want to do them, do them.
  • Sayhello2mami
    mulecanter wrote: »
    I was in the military. The military has no magic exercises, the experts on YouTube know as much or more than your average drill sergeant. What the military has is discipline, regimentation, and repetition. I would be happy to yell at you if you think it will help.

Thank you..
  • Sayhello2mami
    If all you're after are military exercises, there are programs available like Seal Fit: https://sealfit.com. You've just missed their Kokoro held this month, however there is another in July.

Very helpful
  • Sayhello2mami
    ?

Are you joining the military, or...?

I wish...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    edited May 2018
    There's not a monopoly on Pushups, Situps/crunches, Pullups, Side Straddle hops, Burpees, or running. If you want to do them, do them.

Pretty much this...except skip the situps if you're not actually going into the military.

Go run a lot...like double time it everywhere you go...

Former USMC
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    The hard bit about military exercise is the hardass drill Sargent at the front shouting at you to do stuff and threatening to kick you out if you stop. .... without him ... it’s just exercise and generally speaking people will stop if there own accord long before they would if wasn’t for the hardass shouting at them
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    h1udd wrote: »
    The hard bit about military exercise is the hardass drill Sargent at the front shouting at you to do stuff and threatening to kick you out if you stop. .... without him ... it’s just exercise and generally speaking people will stop if there own accord long before they would if wasn’t for the hardass shouting at them

All those bad form pushups...
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,257 Member
    Here is a link to the Naval Special Warfare training guide. The doctors tweak this from time to time based on the injuries/performance of the candidates in the programs.

Scroll down to the 26 week program:

http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-swcc-naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.html

• NunyaWest
    NunyaWest Posts: 87 Member
    ?

True
  • Sayhello2mami
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Pretty much this...except skip the situps if you're not actually going into the military.

Go run a lot...like double time it everywhere you go...

Former USMC

Thank you Sr.
  • Sayhello2mami
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    Here is a link to the Naval Special Warfare training guide. The doctors tweak this from time to time based on the injuries/performance of the candidates in the programs.

Scroll down to the 26 week program:

http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-swcc-naval-special-warfare-physical-training-guide.html

I will check it out...thank you very much
  • Sayhello2mami
    h1udd wrote: »

I find Military people very inspiring...their discipline, their commitment and their encouragement ia the motivation I need to approach my fitness goals