Zoopis's weight loss journey

zoopis94
zoopis94 Posts: 31 Member
Hey everybody,

My name is zoopis and I am from the country of Jordan, currently living in Dubai. I'm 24 years old.

Just to give kind of a background, I have always been the fat kid growing up. A year ago I was about 370 pounds at 6ft1 and now I'm at 338, however it has been a bunch of yo-yoing for too long now and I seriously need to take action to get down to my goal weight of ~210 pounds. I'm big into weight lifting and whatnot and am still planning to lift weights under OMAD and wanted to join you all on your journey.

I see this thread as a way of holding myself accountable, and will try to drop in every week or two to just give an update on my weight.

My goal is to consume around 1700 calories in a single meal daily after work (usually 7 PM). As per the advice of OMAD revolution i'll throw in a cheat every two weeks or so.

I'm looking forward to reading other discussions on this forum and meeting you all.

It's currently ramadan so it's the perfect time to get into the groove of OMAD.

Thanks!

Current image of me below, hopefully will update whenever I make progress.

gd5anyy02ab1.jpeg

Replies

• EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    Welcome!
  • Jim_fbr
    Jim_fbr Posts: 251 Member
    Welcome Zoopis. I look forward to your updates.
    Good luck.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Welcome!
  • zoopis94
    Thanks! You know, on a typical weekend I would always play mind games with myself saying "oh it's the weekend, it's fine if you eat like crap, you deserve it for working hard in the weekend". Except this time I didn't have to, because I rewarded myself with a nice meal at 7 PM that was within my calorie restriction, and that was that. Loving this so far.

Previous to this I was under keto and I just found it too restrictive. Loving the open options on OMAD.

note: weekends in dubai are Friday and Saturday, so thursday here is like friday in the USA.

• DarthWaderMT
    DarthWaderMT Posts: 231 Member
    Welcome! looks like you got a good start!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Welcome Zoopis :)
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    Welcome to OMAD and to the group...both are awesome - wishing you much success
  • dkayingram
    dkayingram Posts: 737 Member
    Welcome
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Welcome!
  • zoopis94
    edited May 2018
    So it is basically been a week since starting OMAD, and I have lost 1.5 KG (3.3) pounds. I definitely felt it in my work pants, which were previously a little bit tight on the waist, and are now a little bit loose. I stuck to my ~1700 calories for 6 days, and used the one plate rule when I had to eat at a family gathering for the 7th day. So far so good! I guess I'll keep editing this post with my weights since I don't know how to do it on the main post.

I probably didn't have much water weight to lose as I was already dieting before OMAD for a month, where I wasn't super consistent.

MY WEIGHT:

May 21 - 153 KG (336.6 Pounds)
    May 28 - 151.5 KG (333.3 Pounds)
  • cecezo
    cecezo Posts: 22 Member
    Well done zoopis. 3.3 lbs is superb, especially since you are lifting and eating 1700 calories.
  • dkayingram
    Great job!
  • brittdee88
    Nice drop!!!
  • zoopis94
    edited June 2018
    So I made today my weigh-in day, and I'm weighing in at 150 KG (330 Pounds). Losing about 1.5 KG per week at this point, which I'm pretty comfortable with. I've been eating between 1500-1800 calories consistently now and had one splurge day where I went over to probably 4000 calories or so, but it was a planned splurge and then I was back on track the next day.

Going great so far! I haven't been under 150 KG in a while, as I was hovering between 153 and 155 for far too long, and I'm pretty close.

MY WEIGHT:

June 5 - 150 KG (330 Pounds)
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Awesome loss!! Congrats for getting under 150!
  • EstrangedTiger
    EstrangedTiger Posts: 543 Member
    zoopis94 wrote: »
    So I made today my weigh-in day, and I'm weighing in at 150 KG (330 Pounds). Losing about 1.5 KG per week at this point, which I'm pretty comfortable with. I've been eating between 1500-1800 calories consistently now and had one splurge day where I went over to probably 4000 calories or so, but it was a planned splurge and then I was back on track the next day.

Going great so far! I haven't been under 150 KG in a while, as I was hovering between 153 and 155 for far too long, and I'm pretty close.

MY WEIGHT:

June 5 - 150 KG (330 Pounds)

Isn’t it great to eat a satisfying amount of calories and still lose weight? Good job.

• brittdee88
    Great work! The consistency is amazing so far :)
  • dkayingram
    Great work!!
  • tlblanks1
    tlblanks1 Posts: 201 Member
    You are progressing quite nicely...KUTGW
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    1.5 in a week is great!!! KUTGW :)