• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    I get plenty of water from my coffee and beer

And Diet Dr Pepper and Coke Zero.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    That's impossible though because clearly the carbs cause you to gain weight. Your scale must be busted. The only way to actually lose weight is to go low carb, IF , CrossFit and also be Paleo all at once while wearing a sombrero and singing the national anthem while peeing on a ketostix .

No joke. For some odd reason I was singing the national anthem yesterday because it was stuck in my head. :scream: The real truth emerges!!

You prolly would've lost even more if you had sang it while wearing the sombrero.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    I was like, huh? Then I saw who the OP was, and was like, I see what you did there!

While it is kind of a joke it does show cause and effect. Retention of water after carbs and sodium is not jut a thing people say around here it does happen and given time it does work itself back out. I have done anything special this week and my daily calories are in the same ballpark as they always are.

I "gained" 4 lbs in one day eating the same number of cals, just waaaaay higher sodium. Newbies might freak out by that LOL

Me after sushi.

Yep. I had sushi for lunch, so I know what to expect when I weigh tomorrow morning :). It was worth it!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    That's impossible though because clearly the carbs cause you to gain weight. Your scale must be busted. The only way to actually lose weight is to go low carb, IF , CrossFit and also be Paleo all at once while wearing a sombrero and singing the national anthem while peeing on a ketostix .

No joke. For some odd reason I was singing the national anthem yesterday because it was stuck in my head. :scream: The real truth emerges!!

You prolly would've lost even more if you had sang it while wearing the sombrero.

Why would you assume I ever take it off?

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    edited May 2018
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Yep. I had sushi for lunch, so I know what to expect when I weigh tomorrow morning :). It was worth it!

Sure it was! My whole weekend was worth it (definitely including the sushi). Some of us are going to be doing this for a very long time so why not relax and just roll with it? We can't be scared of the scale going up. It is going to do that even when we don't see it coming.