Judgment Free Zone

Diatonic12
Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
Freedom to share about your weight releasing journey, maintenance, how you've stopped yourself from falling back into old patterns and habits that lead to rebound weight gain. How you were able to right your ship through. How do you handle food triggers. So much of food and weight stability is mental. How we think about things, approach them, work through them. How do you continue on. This is a judgment free zone.

Replies

• Diatonic12
    No one has all of the answers for breaking old cycles that are unique to each of us. We work better as a team. I just know that food triggers don't solve any of the problems that cause us to use food for self-soothing. Trigger foods lose their sparkle and allure, they have their limitations.

No one wants to go backwards and maintaining weight loss is a major achievement. I wouldn't consider that a good thing. I'd consider it a great, fantastic wondrous, terrific thing and a major thing a person could ask for from themselves when it comes to listening to your body. Maintenance success is very inspiring.

Remember the scale is only one data point. So just file away the data points if it's not happening soon enough and keep tooling along. We look forward to being on the other side of all this but there's really no such thing as the finish line.

We can't wish our lives away in giant month hunks. Let's celebrate your excellent day or week or month. Nice job all the way around. I hope for all of your efforts you got a little euphoria bump when all the work was done.

You deserve it. Much Love.
  • Diatonic12
    o5p1uvwswf81.png
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    I prefer vodka infused gummy bears but I see you failed to mention them! Have you not tried them yet?

Recipe?
  • Diatonic12
    Gummy bear croutons, who knew.
    I've used protein bars and granola bars for croutons. Especially those newer jerky beef bison turkey chicken bars but I don't really like them all that much. Yuck, I need a bucket. :p
  • Diatonic12
    There are only choices and consequences.

We want to see positive results instead of net negative consequences.

Blowing things off is a habit that leads to procrastination. There is no such thing as the perfect day or perfect month to start your Positive Food Management Plan. There's no such thing as the finish line.

It only takes one day and one decision to keep tooling along.

The true essence of a grape is revealed when it's been squeezed. I've been squeezed.

The body is bent on survival just like the grape.

Take the time to understand your potential and then gently coax it into its fullest expression. It's going to take constant care and attention...learning how to survive and thrive regardless of all past flops and failures and neglect.

We all have a unique flavor. Growing grapes is not easy.

You can be very thin skinned and tempermental. Sour. It requires patience with yourself and a good growing environment to reach your fullest potential. Breathe in your inspiration wherever you can get it.

Your health is a blessing and not a burden. Be honest with yourself and others.

How long has this been going on. How long have you been gutting it out with some brutal, overly restricted plan. Just give the results, NOW.

Deprivation is the mother of failure.

There is no lasting glory in rapid weight loss. Rounds and rounds of dieting, falling back into old habits, eating it all back - has that changed everything for you then?

http://"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGP9uz4s8hQ[/url]

• Diatonic12
    Diet is a four letter word. Many are reaching the same conclusion at the same time.

Never let anybody take control of your nutritional decisions. Ever.

If someone wants to control who you really are, run. Master controllers control others because they cannot control or manage their own lives. It's a defense and a coping skill to make themselves feel better.

You choose. You decide. Don't let anyone take that from you.
  • Diatonic12
    Repeat your personal protocol strategies over and over. You'll have to if you want lasting change.

Remain resolute. No one has to live in your body. No one has to live in your mind or thoughts. Don't let others consume or control you. You are free of the manipulation of others. Believe it or not, not everyone has your best interests at heart.

Maybe they want you for a 'food' friend. They think you're a soft soak. A real pushover. Always up for another insulin excursion and another bout of thrill eating. Tag, you're it.

There's a big red bullseye on your forehead. A walking billboard for more manipulation wanted here. Use me, all you gotta do is use me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZldnP0lhHA[/url]

Noooo, you're not going out like that. Don't let anyone tell you what to do when it comes to your personal relationship with food. That is the one baby that's yours. All yours. No one puts baby in a corner.

Not today. Not ever.

When you start thinking like that it translates over into your relationship with food. The food offenders don't control you. They can be sitting on your countertop looking all cute but you've created new habits to replace the old ones. The old offenders no longer have you in a vise-grip.

You might visit them tomorrow but it will be on your own time and your decision.

Learn how to enjoy the moment without following the urge. The urge of instant and impulsive gratification.

You use the thinking system because you've learned how to use your head besides something to part your ears with.

This means you can enjoy the moment without following someone else's urge, too. Let cooler heads prevail.
    You've got your strategy and protocol. You've got to learn how to just say Nooo. You have to mean it with everything within your being or those old thoughts will run roughshod over you.

Why they'll figure you for a piece of milktoast. Put your resolute face on. Give 'em the eye. Simply close up the kitchen and go to bed. The kitchen is closed. Much love. Nite, y'all.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    I used to like gummy bears and then they changed the recipe...why mess with something that works?
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    I used to like gummy bears and then they changed the recipe...why mess with something that works?

What brand are you referring to though?
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    100_PROOF_ wrote: »
    PAFC84 wrote: »

What brand are you referring to though?

Haribo. There is only one brand as far as I'm concerned. I'm in the UK though
  • Diatonic12
    blogger-image--438193377.jpgThe true essence of a grape is revealed when it's squeezed.
  • Diatonic12
    1491593791018.jpeg*
  • Diatonic12
    915710_1460140857607052_1004038253_n%2B-%2BCopia.jpg.
  • Diatonic12
    tuscany-wine-region-bolgheri.jpg.  Work things out in your dreams.  It's not my intention to sound like Ms. Preachy Pants but I'm mostly talking to myself here. I can think of only one place where it's written vengeance is mine.  Don't even try to even the score.  We can all sing a 'somebody done me wrong' song.  Solve the problems in your dreams.  It might take years. There are nights when you briefly bump against it and you almost hit it, get to say what you really want to say and you suddenly wake up.  That's what happened to me last night.  I was close but 'no cigar'.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSGsKq0XxJnxLrvW34PgwHVXA7MlpDoy33ZaR3GtAVc7jKIlCoKsAUtilize sleeping time to solve your problems.  This works especially if you're not tanking yourself up with multi-cr@p before you hit the hay.  Jack Nicklaus found out through his dreams he was holding his club incorrectly. All kinds of inventions and artworks have been discovered through dreams.  Step back, take a deep breath and take your problems to your dreams.  If you have a particular food trigger that's always backing you into a corner, take it to the mat.  Your sleep mat.  The best way to get a grip on the sugary sharky waters is place yourself in that situation in your dreams. Do it over and over again until your brain gets desensitized to the food trigger.  It works.  So much of this stuff is mental.  I don't believe in dieting.  Diet is a four letter word.  I threw every dieting book I had into the bin.  I honestly can't stand reading about another book about dieting and miracle cures for quick weight loss.  I celebrate anyone who can really get themselves free from dieting. It's so exhausting.  Dieting and then making plans for another food explosion because all of the dieting is done.  There's no such thing as the finish line.  You are never done with your overall health and wellbeing.  Reframe it. Stop dieting, in the name of love for yourself, don't ever go on another diet again.  It doesn't have to rain taco chips and you don't have to let potato chips sweep you off your feet.  I detect a pearl in your oyster and those are very, very rare.  Somebody done you wrong?  Another food bender is not a cure for a food addiction or a way to solve any of your problems.