PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    PAFC84 wrote: »
    On a fitness app

Does she know yet?

We just celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary

E-dating is the best
  • PAFC84
    I have had a crush on my wife as long as I can remember. Her father was my basketball coach and she was the grade ahead of me in in the same grade school. I used to care around her basketball schedule and ask my mom to take me to her games. When I was in 7th grade I worked up the courage to go up to her ask talk to her. I wanted ask her out. I walked up to her and said hi and asked how school was going. She said good and just walked away. I was crushed. Fast forward to the end of grad school. I said F it. I messaged her on Facebook. I told her I had always had a crush on her and wanted to take her to coffee. 7 months later we were engaged. A year after that we were married. Coming up on 6 years and baby #4 is on the way.

Did she ever tell you why she walked away when you tried to talk to her?
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,239 Member
    We met at the ER where she worked. I was hurt on the job when solder was splattered in my eye’s, while at the ER my mother who also worked there in a different department heard I was there.
    After her motherly freak out session, her and the lady that checked me in plotted during their lunch break to hook me up with a certain nurse. However, she was on vacation so they decided to try this other girl that neither of them thought was right for me. More like I wasn’t right for her. However, we did hit it off, we were engaged in three months and married less than a year late.
    22 years later and we’re still defying the odds.
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited June 2018
    On a fitness app

Does she know yet?

Your fitness app meeting turned marriage has lasted longer than my marriage did. Looks like my next wife is gonna be from a fitness app.....anyone know of any?
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    bojack3 wrote: »
    On a fitness app

Does she know yet?

Your fitness app meeting turned marriage has lasted longer than my marriage did. Looks like my next wife is gonna be from a fitness app.....anyone know of any?

I’d recommend MFP
  • loe_loe23
    loe_loe23 Posts: 74 Member
    We both worked at the same car dealership and were in relationships when we first met. I left for a few months but came back and we both ended up single. I messaged him (the night after I got dumped lol) and we went on a date a week later. We found out we went to different high schools but had the same friends, lived neighborhoods across from each other all our lives, but yet never met til we worked together. I first thought to just friend zone him since I had just gotten out of a 3+ year relationship but with how fate had it, I couldn't resist. Been together for over a year now and there's been lots of ring talk <3
  • Misty_1375
    Misty_1375 Posts: 759 Member
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    FarmersOnly.Com

(if you knew me, this might be funny.)

I think it's funny regardless..lol. I can't take that site seriously just bc of their commercials
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    On a fitness app

Does she know yet?

I’d recommend MFP

Excellent! Anyone looking to get married please message me, preferably women, however I am not close minded ;)
  • como_agua
    como_agua Posts: 213 Member
    The first time I met my husband I was merely 12 years old. I was on vacation in Italy for the summer. I was shopping in the town next to my home town with my mother. My mother wanted to stop by to visit her best friend who just opened this new grocery store. At the time I had no idea that she would be my future mother in-law. My husband who was merely 13 years old at the time was stocking shelves. His mother called him over and asked him to introduce himself. He mumbled hello and ran off. I remember thinking this kid is way too shy. We left and I didn’t see him again until 4 years later.

i hope he took you for gelato!
  • AmbitiousButRubbish
    AmbitiousButRubbish Posts: 246 Member
    Did she ever tell you why she walked away when you tried to talk to her?

She said didn't think I would ask her out and she was only in 8th grade. Oh well. Still got my dream girl in the end :)

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    On a fitness app

Does she know yet?

Cat Fancy
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    I was 38, newly divorced and newly sober. I decided to get my navel pierced at a local "clean and sober" tattoo parlor. He did the piercing and insisted that I come back in a few days so he could make sure it was healing properly.

I started hanging out at the tattoo parlor for the interesting company and the sobriety. We become friends, then it become so much more.

We were married about a year later; that was 17 years ago.

And was he really concerned about your naval healing? Or was it just an excuse to see you again?

He was just being professional, of course! ;)
  • PAFC84
    I was 38, newly divorced and newly sober. I decided to get my navel pierced at a local "clean and sober" tattoo parlor. He did the piercing and insisted that I come back in a few days so he could make sure it was healing properly.

I started hanging out at the tattoo parlor for the interesting company and the sobriety. We become friends, then it become so much more.

We were married about a year later; that was 17 years ago.

And was he really concerned about your naval healing? Or was it just an excuse to see you again?

He was just being professional, of course! ;)

I'm sure you have a marvellous naval
  • Neufae
    Neufae Posts: 38 Member
    Tinder. Because I am classy as *kitten*.

Now we are obsessed with each other. Super happy.
  • PAFC84
    she was my parole officer....

At least she’s a good influence on you.

He said "was" ;)
  • PAFC84
    she was my parole officer....

At least she’s a good influence on you.

He said "was" ;)

I was assuming from parole officer she become something more serious. Helped him walk the right path and he never looked back.

A hardened criminal is more serious.