Where do you shop?

Mouse_Potato
Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,493 Member
Anyone else having trouble finding smaller-sized clothing? I've gone from a US 12 to a US 2 in pants and I just can't find anything that fits me anymore. :cry: All of my work slacks are hanging on me to the point that even my super oblivious boyfriend commented that I look like a kid playing dress up. I'm happy to have lost weight, but I look ridiculous!

Replies

• Urbancowbarn
    Urbancowbarn Posts: 97 Member
    I have small hips and I’m also a size 2 bottom. I find that J Crew bottoms fit me true to size. They have great sales all the time. Just scored a pair of jeans for $28 bucks.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    You can find some really nice work clothes as well as casual at H&M. They have the best slim fitting clothes I've ever found. There's a few in the area. My favorite blazers and button down shirts come from them. I also have some really cute short suits I got there (my work actually allows us to wear shorts).
  • dramacat21
    dramacat21 Posts: 14 Member
    Talbots has some good looking and professional items. Good sales too!
  • peppermintcaroline
    peppermintcaroline Posts: 151 Member
    American Eagle fits me, Eddie Bauer also (they often carry short - bonus!) And i tend to throft store browse and just try the maximum amount of garments on at a time. I am also a size 2.. but if in old navy, target or walmart i need a 0.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    edited June 2018
    Good secondhand consignment stores are a great place for finding designer clothes which are usually in small sizes for very cheap prices. I've gotten Vince Camuto, Alberta Ferretti, Calvin Klein, f c u k, BCBG MaxAzria, and more, very inexpensively (a couple of dresses were only $19 each). One good thing about designer second hand - they aren't usually worn out, so if you like classics, or don't mind something from a couple of seasons ago you can have an amazing wardrobe.

Edit: LOL, I had to space out French Connection UK because MFP replaced it with the term 'kitten.'
    :D
  • Booksandoceans
    Booksandoceans Posts: 38 Member
    I’m between a 0 and 00 (5’ 8”, 120 pounds) and it’s so hard finding clothes that fit! I’m 40 and feel too old for the juniors section!
  • xelsoo
    xelsoo Posts: 194 Member
    You can find some really nice work clothes as well as casual at H&M. They have the best slim fitting clothes I've ever found. There's a few in the area. My favorite blazers and button down shirts come from them. I also have some really cute short suits I got there (my work actually allows us to wear shorts).

I used to but jeans at H&M as they have a really nice fit, until a pair I particularly liked ripped in the booty! Thankfully I was walking the dog with my boyfriend in a lonely suburb... We made all kinds of jokes and I guess that means I've been properly working it, but just something to be aware of if your booty is tight in there :D
  • Mouse_Potato
    Thank you, ladies. I used to shop at Kohl's, but they don't carry anything smaller than a 4. :cry: I'm also over 40 (44, in fact) and I need slacks I can wear to my ultra-conservative O&G company, not stuff for the club!
  • Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, White House Black Market all carry down to 00. If you watch for sales, the stuff can be affordable and quite good quality. That’s where most of my closet is from. I love getting stuff that was marked down from $170 to $40 or less. But you have to be patient and watch for the 70%off clearance sales.
  • EnduranceGirl2
    EnduranceGirl2 Posts: 144 Member
    I like J. Crew and Eddie Bauer. Depending on how formal your workplace is, travel clothing, especially skirts, are also great and wrinkle free. REI and Sahalie are favorites.
  • catgerm
    catgerm Posts: 44 Member
    I’ve been doing larger orders from Nordstrom Rack, and then return anything I don’t love. It’s a really good time to create a wardrobe you are excited to wear. I also love Athleta, they have a lot of “street” wear that is super versatile and comfortable.

I have somewhat of a minimalist wardrobe, where I try to pick things that will all mix and match. I’d rather have less and spend more on quality items that I love, than a bunch of stuff that is just ok.

Hope that helps!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    My favorite is Ann Taylor, J Crew and Loft but I am definitely not, nor will I ever be, a size 2.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    It's true, stores cater to much larger sizes. I know that if I want a small, much less an extra small, stores near me will get ONE.
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    I like shopping at Arc Thrift Stores! There's a TON more selection that's less picked over at sizes 2 and 4. It's harder to find cute clothes at sizes 8-14 because those seem to be the most common. For new work clothes I always do Ann Taylor Loft, but they vanity size like crazy there so if you're a 2, try a 0 with them.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Yep, I second, third, or fourth the Ann Taylor too. Worked especially well when I was in the banking industry. AND long enough in the arms and legs for us taller gals.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Following. I do ok at Ann Taylor, H&M, some Nordstrom and Norstrom Rack. I need a new brand of jeans, I was wearing the Target Levi’s for a while but they don’t make my new size which ticks me off. We have some good college town thrift stores too.
  • SkinnyFatBGone
    SkinnyFatBGone Posts: 59 Member
    OT: You ladies are body goals. I don't think I've ever been a size 0 or even a 2, even as a child and a ballerina. I'm 5'10 and have always had a slender build but could never get that low.

I'm a huge fan of Ann Taylor.
  • Mouse_Potato
    OT: You ladies are body goals. I don't think I've ever been a size 0 or even a 2, even as a child and a ballerina. I'm 5'10 and have always had a slender build but could never get that low.

I'm 5'3". I look chubby if my weight gets me up to a size 4. :)
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member

I'm 5'3". I look chubby if my weight gets me up to a size 4. :)

I think some of the body goals on this board are extreme. I'm 5'8" and I see other girls that height with goals around 130-135. I can't imagine how awful I would look below 145.