Best date you never went on.

2VORNT2V
2VORNT2V Posts: 596 Member
For me, it was this girl I had grown up with my whole life. We were always just friends. Then in uni we had a few "coffee" nights. Then she invited me to a concert.

cue the standard dumb boy missing cues trope

Anyways, met a friend of hers at a party some tim later, but didn't know they were buddy-buddy. Saw that girl a few times - she was psycho so it ended quickly and not nicely. Now everytime I talk to her she threatens to put us back together (pyscho and I, that is.)

Anyways, it's too late now but that's the best "date" I never went on.

Replies

• 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    My ragrets? I need to remember my forget for this one.
  • Gngr09
    Gngr09 Posts: 743 Member
    Still waiting for it...
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Once there was this cute, funny Canadian guy. At first he thought I didn't like him, but it was all a misunderstanding.
    I always wanted to go on a cool date with this dude. But he kept leaving me.
    And deleting me on snapchat.
    Idk what I have to do to gain his affections again.
    Perhaps another banana selfie dedicated to him is in order.
    Sure wish I could find that man again. :grumble:
  • GoodLardy
    GoodLardy Posts: 163 Member
    When Joe from Syracuse asked me out at the gym and I had to say no because I had a boyfriend. I should have gone, I really did like you.
  • 2VORNT2V
    newmeadow wrote: »
    The one when we were supposed to go to Montreal for dining and shopping but he stood me up and took this skank instead with very full lips and a very bad attitude.

Montreal is overrated. Trust my first hand knowledge
  • 2VORNT2V
    Once there was this cute, funny Canadian guy. At first he thought I didn't like him, but it was all a misunderstanding.
    I always wanted to go on a cool date with this dude. But he kept leaving me.
    And deleting me on snapchat.
    Idk what I have to do to gain his affections again.
    Perhaps another banana selfie dedicated to him is in order.
    Sure wish I could find that man again. :grumble:

Seems like a high maintenance guy. Only redeeming feature is his passport!
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    edited June 2018
    I was in Baltimore on an excursion alone. On my second to last day I decided to walk down to the bay, I stopped to grab a coffee. Well I am not a fancy coffee drinker and I was sitting out side and a handsome you guy sat down and I asked if he’d help me order so I didn’t look like an idiot.
    We ordered my coffee (well he did and I sat there looking like a fool) and I said thank you. We started chatting and I mentioned I was alone and was going to walk about and he offered to show me around.
    We had lunch, a drink, laughs. Hung out for about 6 hrs. Then he had to go and I didn’t act. He hugged me good bye. That was it. Chickens out. Didn’t ask for his number didn’t kid his cheek nothing.
    I always wonder what would’ve happened.

ETA: TL:DR
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    It's the elusive one that got away. The one that never gave you a second glance that you pine for. The one you dressed up for or would run down the street for and lick their tires as they drive away. They marry someone else and have a bunch of kids. You see them in the grocery store and realize that someone was really looking out for you all along.
  • saymyname2
    saymyname2 Posts: 842 Member
    best date I had was this year on my 9th anniversary with the best hubby ever!
    We spent the day walking in the woods collecting wood, then we went home had drinks, made a bon fire, ate smoores and stayed up all night laughing and talking and getting blinding drunk!

Its the simple things in life! <3
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    saymyname2 wrote: »
    We spent the day walking in the woods collecting wood, then we went home had drinks, made a bon fire, ate smoores and stayed up all night laughing and talking and getting blinding drunk!

Wow...i want this <3
  • SpartanRunner1978
    SpartanRunner1978 Posts: 1,049 Member

Wow...i want this <3

If you insist! You better bring Taco and Sushi! Ha!
  • mustacheU2Lift

Wow...i want this <3

If you can give me simple love and romance im there
  • saymyname2

Wow...i want this <3

Did i just play unintentional match maker!?!? lol
  • SpartanRunner1978

Wow...i want this <3

Thank you, Cupid!
  • mustacheU2Lift

Wow...i want this <3

Thank you, Cupid!

Im still waiting for my date ...what are we doing?
  • saymyname2

Wow...i want this <3

Thank you, Cupid!

I do what i can but without a diaper
  • SpartanRunner1978

Wow...i want this <3

Thank you, Cupid!

Im still waiting for my date ...what are we doing?

Not exactly sure, but I know what we are doing on our 9th anniversary...;)