Full disclosure: I am that person

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Oh my gosh I think y’all are my diet soulmates (is that a thing? It should be lol). I try to eat healthier options so I can have a few less healthy snacks!

I read various threads on here how some are so strict, weighing every tiny microgram, at the gym for hours. I don’t eat “clean” lol. I do workout in the mornings - mainly so I can add in my treats or a splurge meal on the weekend :D

I am with you on that. Sorry, but no, I am not about to weigh out 4 slices of cucumber that I put on my taco, that's just ridiculous.

Yep, I figure out the calories in my treat that I want, then hit my treadmill for a little more than the calories in my treats.

Putting cucumber on a taco? Now that's crazy talk.

Nope, cucumbers on tacos is actually Mexican. Cheddar cheese & lettuce are purely an American thing and would never be found on a taco in Mexico (unless they are catering to foreigners). Also flour tortillas, not Mexican either. I live 5 minutes from the US/Mexico boarder.

My family is Mexican and I've never seen a cucumber on a taco...maybe as part of ceviche. Usually corn tortilla, cotija, pico, and spicy meat of whatever. Never a cucumber. Then we're crossing the line into salad.
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    I had some soft tacos recently. I love the ones I've had where it's beef + scrambled eggs. So yum.
  • d090882
    d090882 Posts: 148 Member
    I eat 800 grams of green veg daily by stir frying the veggies.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Actually, i am doing well with my labs lately, and losing weight will help even more. I had a day, yesterday, where i threw caution to the wind.

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    I guess I am the douche who brings fresh veggies and lean beef jerky to a movie and then orders snow caps. Lol
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Oh my gosh I think y’all are my diet soulmates (is that a thing? It should be lol). I try to eat healthier options so I can have a few less healthy snacks!

I read various threads on here how some are so strict, weighing every tiny microgram, at the gym for hours. I don’t eat “clean” lol. I do workout in the mornings - mainly so I can add in my treats or a splurge meal on the weekend :D

I am with you on that. Sorry, but no, I am not about to weigh out 4 slices of cucumber that I put on my taco, that's just ridiculous.

Yep, I figure out the calories in my treat that I want, then hit my treadmill for a little more than the calories in my treats.

Nope, cucumbers on tacos is actually Mexican. Cheddar cheese & lettuce are purely an American thing and would never be found on a taco in Mexico (unless they are catering to foreigners). Also flour tortillas, not Mexican either. I live 5 minutes from the US/Mexico boarder.

Mmmmm........still remember the beef tongue and tendon tacos down on Mexico city
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    lorib642 wrote: »
    The one that eats high cal/ low nutrient foods but in a deficit. I want to try things and if a frappacino (sp?) takes up my dinner calories, so be it. Not always, but some days.

I am not misled about what cico means

I may move towards more nutrient dense options, but I am breaking one habit at a time.

I am also that one friend with the cluttered car.

I didn't change the type of food I eat very much just smaller portions of the higher calorie foods.
    I don't generally like using 500 calories or so on something that will leave me hungry later though even if it fits my goal. Filling food first and then 100-300 calories to play with is my plan most days.
    It is not particularly rebellious or unusual.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10532249/do-you-eat-what-you-want/p1
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10479934/is-it-really-just-one-day/p1
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    mkculs wrote: »

For about half the year in Wisconsin, you don't even have to move the groceries to the fridge--they can stay in the car. Not that I'd ever do that . . .

This one actually had me laughing out loud. I have such a Jenga fridge. You have to carefully re-arrange and pull things out to fit more in and hope something doesn't fall in the process. I've left lots of food in my car in the winter and I even use my outdoor gazebo area for big meal stuff for holiday dinners. Defrosted many a turkey in a roasting pan on top of the hot tub. :D (Protected from wildlife and my dogs.)

To the original subject, I really love food. I eat a lot of healthy things. Lots of veggies, fruit, whole grains, lean proteins, salads galore. However, I do enjoy a nice bag of kettle chips, Tillamook ice cream and a bottle (or 2) of wine during the week. Eating out once a week or so and sometimes, but not always, making good choices. If you are so darn strict with macros/micros/clean eating or whatever, you have too much time on your hands. Life is short. Eat all the foods (in moderation). Drink all the drinks the same. If you stay in a deficit the scale will show it.

I'm currently making a kale mango cashew salad. Healthy and so delicious! Taking it to a birthday party tomorrow and will eat whatever else people bring.

Cheers! Now where's my wine?

• paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,926 Member
    My car is clean and tidy - I guess that makes up for all those times I had cheesecake or subway cookie for breakfast ;)
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    I eat lots of low calorie foods like eggs, fish, veggies, and fruit, so I have more room in my calorie budget for ice cream (everyday), wine or beer (everyday), and chocolate (everyday).

I also exercise, so I can eat more! Lol

@nicolehorn0114 It's like I have amnesia of writing that post myself!

I ate that way, and lost 80 lbs and got to goal weight, then have kept it off over 2 years.

One tiny difference is I gave up alcohol 4 months ago. I'd got to a point with weight, health, and exercise, where it just seemed a logical step to try a new challenge of not drinking. Feeling great.

I used to drink in moderation every day, but could only manage not drinking on rare occasions. Maybe at some point that will be my new challenge - the occasional drink.

Right now, I'm just enjoying more veggies, ice-cream and chocolate.
  • dknintendo64
    dknintendo64 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2018
    I also am that person who logs a meal early and then eats not a whole lot in anticipation, or that person who eats a lot one day, and then cuts back calories the next day or exercises more to make up for it.
  • VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member

My family is Mexican and I've never seen a cucumber on a taco...maybe as part of ceviche. Usually corn tortilla, cotija, pico, and spicy meat of whatever. Never a cucumber. Then we're crossing the line into salad.

It's usually added when the filling is deep fried, gotta keep balance in the universe. Can't be too healthy, but just enough to throw people off.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Heck yah. I've been known to have cake for breakfast (it's not like it's much different than muffins or pancakes), a milkshake instead of lunch, etc. Not every day, of course, but hey, it all fits.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    My car is a shocker lol. Every so often I clean it out. Then it gets trashed again.
    I also won’t eat through the day so I can have a great big steak for dinner with buttery mashed potato, yummy corn and other veggies then a big chunk of chocolate self saucing pudding with custard for dessert.
    My diary is terrible to look at lol. However I have lost nearly 7kgs in the last 6 months. Slowly but surely the weight is coming off and I can eat how I like.
    I love my food life
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    Heck yah. I've been known to have cake for breakfast (it's not like it's much different than muffins or pancakes), a milkshake instead of lunch, etc. Not every day, of course, but hey, it all fits.

Yeah, if I had any of that high carb, low protein foods for breakfast (or donuts), I'd be eating all day.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,843 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I am baffled that people can have "meals" of frappuccino or ice cream or gin and tonics and not be ravenous afterwards. Does this truly fill you up? Or are you ravenous and just deal with it?

I'm not making a moral judgment about "high cal/ low nutrient food" - I limit it because I refuse to go to bed hungry as that messes up my sleep.

When I do this it's usually ice cream which for me has enough fat and protein to keep me satisfied. Plus my other meals when I do this tend to be nutritionally balanced with a good amount of fiber and protein so I don't feel lacking in any way.

How much protein is in your ice cream and what brand is it?

I get the Ben and Jerry's froyo and usually end up eating the whole pint so it's around 20 grams of protein and 12 grams of fat. Like I said as well I make sure I get enough protein and nutritious food the rest of the day when I do this so I feel fine.

1100 calories of Ben & Jerry's S'Mores and I'm hungry again in two hours. That's only 12 g of protein though. But still, 1100 calories.
  • nicolehorn0114
    nicolehorn0114 Posts: 51 Member
    I am baffled that people can have "meals" of frappuccino or ice cream or gin and tonics and not be ravenous afterwards. Does this truly fill you up? Or are you ravenous and just deal with it?

I'm not making a moral judgment about "high cal/ low nutrient food" - I limit it because I refuse to go to bed hungry as that messes up my sleep.

When I do this it's usually ice cream which for me has enough fat and protein to keep me satisfied. Plus my other meals when I do this tend to be nutritionally balanced with a good amount of fiber and protein so I don't feel lacking in any way.

How much protein is in your ice cream and what brand is it?

I get the Ben and Jerry's froyo and usually end up eating the whole pint so it's around 20 grams of protein and 12 grams of fat. Like I said as well I make sure I get enough protein and nutritious food the rest of the day when I do this so I feel fine.

1100 calories of Ben & Jerry's S'Mores and I'm hungry again in two hours. That's only 12 g of protein though. But still, 1100 calories.

HaloTop usually has about 320 calories and 20 grams of protein a pint. I find it very filling.