JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS - Round 43

Replies

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 5,803 Member
    @tiabirdie56 My husband used to be the saboteur but something happened and he changed. Maybe he saw how well Keto was working. He always asks where I want to eat out because he knows I will pick a place where I can get something Keto compliant. Back in the 70’s, knowing I was trying to lose, he would suggest Pizza for dinner and a stop at Baskin Robbins for dessert. Yeah, that was a great diet! I ate it and seethed! Now he has switched to a lower carb plan of his own making and is very supportive.
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,975 Member
    edited June 2018
    @quiltingjaine, I had to laugh when you said "seethed" because I am certain thats what my husband would do when I didn't eat what he wanted. When we were young he would say to me, "I know you can eat a lot" No. You want me to eat a lot. But why? Maybe he thought I was holding back, trying to be cute. I wasn't. Smh. I remember him getting angry with me when I was pregnant with our first son, because I didn't want to eat like the stereotypical pregnant woman. I thought, what is wrong with this man? Lol.

I'm glad your husband has changed. Better for his health.
  • puddlegoober
    puddlegoober Posts: 291 Member
    @tiabirdie56

I do all the cooking. She's getting better, but being evil toward my during seems to be in her nature. I even make two meals, so she doesn't have to eat my food if she doesn't want to. Even though my food is better.
  • puddlegoober
    puddlegoober Posts: 291 Member
    @quiltingjaine

Meals really aren't the issue. My wife is evil with snacks/drinks/treats.
  • tiabirdie56
    @puddlegoober, Smh. I don't know. Does your wife enjoy eating in a healthy way? Is it that she sometimes wants to eat "junk" and you no longer join in? If so, yes, she will eventually come around, but in the meantime, you will be demonized because now the spotlight is on her sometimes unhealthy eating habits. Change is extremely difficult for some.
  • tiabirdie56
    edited June 2018
    @quiltingjaine

Meals really aren't the issue. My wife is evil with snacks/drinks/treats.

Lol. It's not funny but sounds just like my husband. He knows it has no effect on me, but if I say that he shouldn't be eating so many snacks....WATCH OUT!
  • tiabirdie56
    @back2cute, twizzlers attack. Yep, I used to have those.
  • tiabirdie56
    Ok. I used to struggle with this as well, allowing my weight loss goals to be derailed by other people's celebrations. My question is: Why? Why is someone else's celebration a reason to eat badly or entirely too much? Sure, I want to celebrate your achievement, but I don't have to place my own goals below your achievement. It is important that I get healthy and stay that way. Actually, maintaining a healthy lifestyle IS the most important gift for your elderly self.

Celebrate the person, and give a gift to your 85 year old self at the same time. Decide to NOT use the celebration to go off the rails. YOU are important to your future self.

@DebCountsAll, Good for you and your health for changing! I have never felt the need to eat just because food is around me. I've been to many family, friends and business celebrations through the years and have never overeaten at one of them. First of all, when I see a lot of food I lose my appetite and I don't really attend an occasion to eat anyway. Only to enjoy the people there. If its au sit down dinner, I make sure to not eat anything before I go. If its buffet, I look at all the food first and choose 2 vegetables, a meat and a dessert IF I want something sweet. Cookout, I talk to people and if asked if I'm going to eat something, I say yes, in a little while I'm not hungry yet. Maybe I'll eat, maybe not. I don't know. I love to cook and I'm a good cook, but food is not entertainment to me.