What's your go to recipe when you don't feel like cooking?

AJB1014
AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
Just returned home from a long weekend away. I'm exhausted from traveling but don't want to order take out! I don't mind going to the grocery store to pick up a few things, but its the physical act of cooking I'm not looking forward to. What do you like to whip up when you don't feel like being in the kitchen?

Replies

• andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Pickled herring and potatoes or just pickled herring on swedish crispbread and cheese.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    Just returned home from a long weekend away. I'm exhausted from traveling but don't want to order take out! I don't mind going to the grocery store to pick up a few things, but its the physical act of cooking I'm not looking forward to. What do you like to whip up when you don't feel like being in the kitchen?

Stop by a store on the way home pick up a box salad mix and rotisserie chicken. Not only do you get fed quick but have leftovers for next day.
    rutzsa wrote: »
    I second the rotisserie chicken, salad, and I would pick up a good French baguette or loaf of bread to go with it!

Rotisserie chicken (or foil packet salmon or some other fish on the grill or in the oven) sometimes is the go to for days like this, only I get flour tortillas and vegetable sprouts plus fresh lemons.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Baked potato or anything I can roast really quickly.