Psoriatic Arthritis and OMAD!

catuccifranco08
catuccifranco08 Posts: 218 Member
edited June 2018 in Social Groups
Hi my name is Franco, i was wondering if anyone on OMAD was diagnosed with any inflammatory immune diseases and since starting on OMAD how do you feel now? Thank you!

Replies

• minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Well, I have OA in my hip, which I think has an inflammatory component?

I think three things have helped hugely with that (I get hardly any pain now): 1. Turmeric 2. Weight loss 3. Fasting

Hard to tell which has made the most difference, but I do know if I stop taking the turmeric for a couple of days, I get a LOT of pain back....
  • catuccifranco08
    Thank you for your input.How long have you been doing OMAD? Im going into my 18 th day tomorrow. I hope by this OMAD lifestyle I am doing now will heal my body I take 2 Injection of Humira twice a month. Thanks again for sharing.
  • mistymeadows2005
    mistymeadows2005 Posts: 3,737 Member
    I have early onset OA and I find the fasting does help a little with the inflammation... Pain wise I can't say I've seen much of a difference but definitely in the inflammation
  • catuccifranco08
    Thank you for sharing i only been doing OMAD 18 days today and i do feel the inflammation down it may be to early yet to tell but i feel so much better all around since starting OMAD! Thank you again! Hope you also feel better.
  • mistymeadows2005
    Thank you for sharing i only been doing OMAD 18 days today and i do feel the inflammation down it may be to early yet to tell but i feel so much better all around since starting OMAD! Thank you again! Hope you also feel better.

I just got back on track due to some health issues and even a few days in I can tell the difference, so if you can tell, it's not placebo affect LOL
  • catuccifranco08
    Thank you again yes i do definitely do feel a big difference in my inflammation going down cant wait to see my rheumatologist to see what my lab work say you are awesome thanks for sharing!
  • mistymeadows2005
    Now it's going to bother me that I used "affect" instead of "effect" -_- grammar is one of my pet peeves and I done f-ed it up LOL
  • catuccifranco08
    I know the feeling had to go back ideit a post i meant to say now and i put know it happens lol im also new to putting up post i wanted to start a thread but dont know how i wanted to encourage others in the OMAD FAMILY
    But i dont know how to do it! The thread.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    My allergies are less severe it seems while fasting. I think I have some food allergies and fasting might help me to get some relief.
  • catuccifranco08
    Im 23 days into my OMAD journey this is something i want to do for the rest of my life i feel so much better all around maybe in the long term i can get off Humira injections. Thank you for your thoughts and comments.
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Sorry for the delayed reply - I've been fasting for over a year now. I actually found the pain relief was really quick - like a couple of weeks. Though I really upped my turmeric intake at the same time, so it's hard to tell which had the most effect....
  • catuccifranco08
    Thank you for sharing your experiences. Im 33 days on OMAD for me i love how i been feeling eating one meal a day ! You have a great day