What's your go to recipe when you don't feel like cooking?

Replies

• kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    I cut up a small avocado, add some diced red onion, cherry tomatoes, a half tbsp. olive oil, and sprinkle on chili lime seasoning. If I have some cooked chicken, I will add some of that. If not, I open a can of sardines in water, drain them, add a tsp of olive oil and a squeeze of lime and call it dinner. Quick, easy, and filling.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Grilled cheese sandwich
    Spaghetti
    Eggs
    Salad
    Cold sandwich
    Frozen burrito
    Canned soup
    Leftovers
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited June 2018
    Instant noodles with a protein of choice (beans, canned tuna, luncheon meat torn into bite size pieces, sausage...etc), and a raw vegetable that I eat as is without fussy preparations after the meal. Usually a tomato. That's what I have when I'm both lazy and short on time.

When I'm lazy but have a little bit more time, I have these whole grain pouches that you cook in-pouch in boiling water until done. It varies by grain and can take anywhere from 7 to 45 minutes. I just throw a pouch in the water and set my alarm to take it out in time. No fussing with it or risk burning it or adding too much/too little liquid. Barley, buckwheat, buckwheat and rice, millet...etc. Then I have them sweet with milk and honey or savory with canned beans and herbs/spices/powders.

Or... I just buy a falafel sandwich. Falafel shops are practically at every corner here. Or just make my own sandwiches with whatever I feel like putting in it.
  • sytchequeen
    sytchequeen Posts: 526 Member
    aeloine wrote: »
    I get the salad kits from Walmart when I don't want to cook. The "Family" sized Caesar salad is only 480 calories.

A salad "kit"? Never have I ever :D I guess that's just chopped salad stuff and a pouch of dressing?

I would pick up some salad veggies and a rotisserie chicken. Just a little chopping and job done.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Toast.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    I like the rotisserie chicken idea but I’d eat it in tortillas maybe some avocado, or premade guacamole since I can never find ripe avocados at the store.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    a bowl of cereal
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    edited June 2018
    Cottage cheese with peach slices. Rice cakes with PB2 (or regular peanut butter) and raisins. However, I've also had a pint of Halo Top for dinner when I was too tired to even throw together one of the first two options.
  • shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    shunggie wrote: »
    Breakfast sammie. Fried egg, turkey sausage from the freezer, a slice of cheese and an english muffin. I like to have fruit with it (oranges are my fav but anything will do).

So much so for the "no cook" advice? ;)

• shunggie
    shunggie Posts: 1,036 Member
    Frying an egg and heating a pre-cooked turkey sausage patty isn't really hard core cooking ;)
  • Infamous_El_Guapo
    Infamous_El_Guapo Posts: 421 Member
    Whataburger?
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    ice cream?

grilled cheese
    egg drop soup
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 336 Member
    "Stop by a store on the way home pick up a box salad mix and rotisserie chicken. Not only do you get fed quick but have leftovers for next day."[/quote]

This is my go-to for quick meals.
  • tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    Cereal. Or a grilled cheese.
    Depends on how hungry/lazy I am. haha