Serial Starters

Replies

• arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    ErynVee wrote: »
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Eryn-What kind of puppy? I used to work at an animal rescue... I'm all about animals and adoption... congrats to you on the new addition to the family...

The puppy is some sort of Staffordshire terrier mix! Mom was a smaller, 40 lb staffie but they don't know who the Dad was. I guess the Mom was abandoned and they took her in and discovered she was pregnant! I love animals too. This is dog #3. Hahaha

djzusqgbxzrg.jpg

What a face! Good thing they got the momma and she had the pups there. Congrats again... such a cutie!
  • arniedog74
    Sara- thank you. I appreciate you and everyone in this group. Somehow, I got lucky with my side of fam. Mom wants to say things, I wanna say things, but we've got pretty good at just letting it go. I even stopped mom from sending a text to her sister, because I knew it would cause issues. Sadly, once Gma passes, I don't think we'll have anything to do with those two. At this point, I don't feel like that is a bad decision at all.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member
    Hi All
    Checking in.

Eryn Such a sweet face your new puppy has!

I never did find a scale in the fitness center. Looking forward to being home, oddly.
    Wednesday—back in NYC.

Bringing back several Cabana Boy candidates for Sara to interview/audition.

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Lana!! I love good news! Thank you for thinking of me...... Wow- you did have a good time!

My goal for the summer is to walk 10- 15 minutes after dinner to add more steps in and be less of a couch potato. I will mark my calendar (paper) with a w when I do, thinking of rewards if I behave.
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - your after dinner walking plan sounds good! Would you like a partner? I could use an after dinner walk every day; not too long, just enough. Have you started already or is it tomorrow/Tuesday or when?
    I have a paper calendar too!

Bidding sweet dreams to all~~

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    TUESDAY

Good morning,

Got second box of books yesterday at mailbox so I couldnt wander around with hands full, maybe more walking tonight. I started Sunday sort of by accident but you can start whenever you want. It is about a 5-10 minute walk.

Hottest day today/tomorrow? They cant decide and air quality is marginal so windows are closed but ceiling fan is on. Dog with allergies is drinking more water, so out we go in the middle of night for a pit stop.

Eryn, thank you for posting dog #3. What a face.

Stay cool and hydrated. Wave to all who follow.
  • arniedog74
    Finally got some much needed rain and woke to nice cool weather. Going to attempt a walk at lunch... no Sun so shouldn't be too bad...
  • Saltine24
    Saltine24 Posts: 143 Member
    Hi all,

I did pretty good on my after work dog walks last week, however this week is not looking too promising. Rained yesterday so we stayed home (I couldn't let my poor little Mocha melt) & dinner with BF's family tonight. Oh well try for tomorrow! :)

Dawn~so sorry about the family drama, I have noticed when my Gpa passed away the family kind of separated & since my mom passed o:) I hardly even talk to any of them (I don't mind too much as there is less stress & less drama this way). I hope you didn't hurt anything when you fell.

Lana~hope you are enjoying your cruise & don't worry about the scale, just have fun! ;)

Eryn~OMG I want to take your puppy home, such a gorgeous little face & those eyes awe such a cutie ...Congrats on your new addition.

Twiley~Don't worry about over indulging on food & alcohol as I do it every weekend....hahaha (vicious little cycle >:) )

**Waving to Sara, Tess, Kathryn, and anyone else who stops by**

~Saltine~ >:)
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Virtual run around the cubicles at work, I have ZERO claims in my "headache" file. Gee how many calories are burned in a virtual run??

Lana - hope your trip back home is a good one.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    I am alone at the office this week and finding it very difficult to not just eat my way through the day. Today I am doing better than yesterday as I have used the time to do some exercises. Another 5 days of this.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    I am alone at the office this week and finding it very difficult to not just eat my way through the day. Today I am doing better than yesterday as I have used the time to do some exercises. Another 5 days of this.

Sounds like your spending time to do exercises is a good compromise. Can you take walking breaks?
  • Snowflake1968

Sounds like your spending time to do exercises is a good compromise. Can you take walking breaks?

I can except we are having wind gusts up to 90km/hr yesterday and today. Yesterday included rain with it LOL It's supposed to be nice tomorrow, so hopefully.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Tomorrow is our Summer Event at work, free lunch. Actually heard someone pick it apart verbally - such gratitude I tell you.

3 days walking - 2 days straight of vegetarian lunch ( tomorrow and Thursday will be meat just happened that way and Friday is up for grabs still). Only walk 5-10 minutes extra, but it puts me well over 30 minutes a day and is more than I used to do......

Stay cool and have a good night.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    iicz26klh6od.png
  • arniedog74
    Saltine- I believe, once Gma passes, it will just be me and mom... maybe her younger brother... they may keep in touch through social media, but that will pass. I will be ok with that...too much drama for me...

Sara - yay on extra walking! I did get in a walk at lunch.. was a little warmer than I thought...I survived

Snowflake - good way to spend your alone time.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    WEDNESDAY

Good morning,

Dog got me up, yes it is early. Means potentially more sleep before dog walk.

Company lunch so my work this morning was almost nothing. My sandals are the highest heel I have worn in years and a couple of my toes are telling me. Just means I may have to wear them less often or find a way to deal with those 2 toes. I have worn flats for so long that 1.5 is a lot.....

Are you home Lana?

Have 4 baby hats waiting to be sewn up and a 5th almost done. #6 in this group was just started last night.

Babbling on. Wave to all who follow. Lurking with any luck.
  • ErynVee
    ErynVee Posts: 187 Member
    Happy Hump Day, all!

Thanks for the kind puppy comments. :blush: Starting to get a little more sleep! Just need to continue to master our new routine, lol. I've been getting to bed too late.

I am a flats girl too! When I wear heels (like yesterday) my toes definitely don't appreciate it. It doesn't help that I have wide feet either, lol.

Hope all are doing well this morning! Need to get in my workout after work today and need to drink more water.

• LanaCabana537

Hello Everybody~~

It's good to be home, I must say.

I had only coffee and water this morning, and my scale said 241.4. I don't like seeing the 240s again, but I am very grateful that I gained only 3 pounds. Years ago, when I ate with great abandon on cruises, I would gain 7 to 10 pounds, so 3 is pretty good!

Time for a nap. Walking later on. BBL.

Lana

241.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Snowflake1968
    I wear flats more often than not too, I do have a couple of pairs of heels I wear when I have to feel more professional but I change them after my meeting usually.

Another quiet day here at the office, thankfully the wind has died down and I will be able to go for a walk today. I have cleaned the front desk and organized it. Going to vacuum and clean the bathroom in a bit. Also need to clean the windows in the entrance. I don't know what these guys all do when I leave, but it's certainly not cleaning.

Today is my 31st Wedding Anniversary, no big plans at all but it feels like a massive accomplishment LOL

• LanaCabana537
    I wear flats more often than not too, I do have a couple of pairs of heels I wear when I have to feel more professional but I change them after my meeting usually.

Another quiet day here at the office, thankfully the wind has died down and I will be able to go for a walk today. I have cleaned the front desk and organized it. Going to vacuum and clean the bathroom in a bit. Also need to clean the windows in the entrance. I don't know what these guys all do when I leave, but it's certainly not cleaning.

Today is my 31st Wedding Anniversary, no big plans at all but it feels like a massive accomplishment LOL

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Lana