NSV's

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    @aupston probably your shoes are more comfy too.... that is if you don't have to stick insoles in them now (I had to in a few flats).
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,679 Member
    edited June 2018
    I just five minutes ago realized that pervasive sweet smell in my nose is probably ketone breath! Knew my cravings were gone, but didn't think I'd go into ketosis. Sure smells like it! sweet sweet sweet sweet smell...

I eat vegetables and sweetened jerky, so my carbs are under my limit (100) but nowhere near 20. Is it possible to get that smell from eating very little? I'm confused now.

• MaggieFinn
    MaggieFinn Posts: 13 Member
    Paula, I wish my keto breath were sweet. To me it just feels like I really really need to brush my teeth. Yuck! Of course, I haven't tested my blood/ urine/ saliva ketones but I'm sitting at about 12-15 net carbs a day and the weight is sliding off, so I assume I am. Count yourself lucky!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    PaulaKro wrote: »
    I just five minutes ago realized that pervasive sweet smell in my nose is probably ketone breath! Knew my cravings were gone, but didn't think I'd go into ketosis. Sure smells like it! sweet sweet sweet sweet smell...

I eat vegetables and sweetened jerky, so my carbs are under my limit (100) but nowhere near 20. Is it possible to get that smell from eating very little? I'm confused now.

@PaulaKro Some get into (mild) ketosis at higher carb levels. Most are in ketosis under 50g except for some with insulin resistance. I've heard of some people being well over 100g of carbs and in ketosis, mainly if they are active and time theur carbs near exercise.

It could also depend on the type of cabs you eat too. If you are eating "slower carb" foods with a low glycemic load and lots of fibre, your net carbs could be around 50g.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I aim for about 100g of carbs on lifting days and it doesn't seem to kick me out of ketosis.
  • PaulaKro
    Thank you all! It is so nice to hear that what's happening can be normal. :)

5n7utpndeuku.png
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    my NSV for this month is ....I went from a 9.2 blood sugar A1c to ......drum roll ...... 6.1A1c and all my blood work is in a normal range . Doc was checking my kidney function as well and the numbers are in a normal range . I am just over the moon!!

@tammyfranks2

That's incredible. I hope you feel as much better as that lab improvement! :)
  • PaulaKro
    swezeytba wrote: »
    I feel like this is a big one....
    .For the last couple of years we have started hanging out with some of our friends on 4th of July. They also have a high school friend and her husband that come up from Arizona for the 4th as well. Last year they noticed that my family and I had all really slimmed down as we were all on keto at the time (my family is on again off again).

They asked what we were doing and discussed keto with us in great length while we were here. Yesterday I saw them again and they let me know they started keto right after they got home last year and have been doing it ever since. They are feeling great, leaving migraines behind as well as some other minor health issues.
    Spreading the Keto Love....One person at a time!
    You deserve an award! Good job!!
  • RAC56
    RAC56 Posts: 433 Member
    A cholesterol number like that is a huge NSV. I'm hoping for a number like that next time I have blood work done. Big Congrats!! How long have you been keto?
  • 2t9nty
    2t9nty Posts: 1,572 Member
    RAC56 wrote: »
    A cholesterol number like that is a huge NSV. I'm hoping for a number like that next time I have blood work done. Big Congrats!! How long have you been keto?

I was low carb initially, but in October of 2016, I took the plunge and dropped carb limits to 20. I have an annual blood draw for the physical coming up and will have more detail on numbers.