JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    Just For Thursday:

1) Log all food, keeping calories green :smile:
    2) Hit protein goal. :smile:
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water :neutral:
    4) Physical therapy morning and evening :neutral: Oops!
    5) Yoga routine :neutral:
    6) Only eat ONE HELPING of the Ben and Jerry's in my grocery order :smile:
    7) Kitchen closed and brush teeth by 10 pm :neutral:
    8) Do one thing (non food related) for no other reason than it makes me happy :smile:

It's becoming increasingly clear to me that I need to 1) get an early start on the water drinking if I'm going to hit my goal and 2) keep a water bottle with me as I go through the day, and not rely upon being somewhere I can drink regularly. Will try that for Friday. Went to the library today and browsed the fantasy section and ended up checking out one old favorite author of mine.

Just for Friday:

1) Log all food, keeping calories green
    2) Hit protein goal
    3) Drink 8 glasses of water
    4) Physical therapy appointment and evening physical therapy
    5) Yoga routine before reading
    6) No sweets today other than diet soda
    7) Kitchen closed and brush teeth by 10 pm
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Yesterday's commitments:

- Log everything I eat :smiley:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - No alcohol :smile:
    - Do exercise DVD :smiley:
    - 3 bottles water :neutral: 2.5

- French podcast, article, Duolingo, book :neutral: 2/4
    - 30 mins lunch break (not counting DVD) :/ Didn't have time, however DVD was a good break (and I'd had a lie in)
    - Focus on key priorities and be productive :smile:
    - Look at emails at intervals only :smile:
    - Listen to music to boost mood :/ Forgot again

Today's commitments:

- Log everything I eat even friend's dinner
    - Take sensible portions of food
    - No seconds
    - Stick to alcohol plan
    - 2 bottles water at work, lots of soft drink at friend's

- French podcast, Duolingo
    - 45+ mins lunch break
    - Focus on key priorities and be productive
    - Look at emails at intervals only
    - Don't panic!

June challenge:

June 10: "I'm on holiday" = chocolate :s
    June 11: Stress = gin, no food :neutral:
    June 12: No emotional eating :smile:
    June 13: 'celebratory' mood + pub + burger/ ice cream :s
    June 14: No emotional eating :smiley:

Happy Friday everyone!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. Gym for training camp.
    2. Shower and take vitamins. Begin personal narrative.
    3. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Pratchett. Take quiz. Fold laundry and put away. Put dishes away. Load & run dishwasher
    4. Find iron. Patch clothes. Pick up ring. Deposit money at bank. Check in with Y about student rates. Return book to library.
    5. Shoulder therapy. Chop more celery. Dinner - Plated 2. PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!!
    6. 6:30 kickboxing class. Prep lunch and pack for tomorrow. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:30. Alarm set for 7:00 for AM strength work.

JFT Friday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM strength work (list to follow).
    2. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME WHY CAN'T I GET THIS PERSONAL NARRATIVE GOING? Ugh.
    3. Daily Duolingo. Read Pratchett. Take quiz. Put dishes away. Load & run dishwasher.
    4. Find iron. Patch clothes. Leave for park by 9:15.
    5. Chop more celery. Dinner - Plated 3. PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!!
    6. Prep lunch and pack for tomorrow. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:30. Alarm set for 7:00 for AM strength work.
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    JFY (Thursday)
    1. Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke :)
    2. Log all the food I eat :)
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories :/
    4. Stay "in the green with my sodium :/
    5. Go to the gym :)
    6. Finish 2 orders from my shop :)

JFT (Friday)
    1. Drink all my water before having a Diet Coke
    2. Log all the food I eat
    3. Stay "in the green" with my calories
    4. Stay "in the green with my sodium
    5. Go to the gym
    6. Finish 3 orders from my shop
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited June 2018
    JFT Friday

Eat to the plan - stay green
    Walk 10,000 steps
    64 oz water
    Plan the rest of June
    Contact AP about payment SOP

The last two days have been rough as I took home a work project on Wednesday night that I thought would take me until about 10:00 to finish. I went to bed at 4 in the morning. Ugh. Got almost three hours sleep. I woke up and went to work at 8:30 (I work 9-6) and planned to leave at 6 and go home, take a nap and then go to bed. I did leave work on time - that is not usually an issue in my new job - but I drove into town and interjected myself with my daughter who was in another crisis situation. Not as bad as last fall but way way too much drama. Police were called to make sure the peace was kept. At least no men involved (yay), but interpersonal conflict with a girl she had to tell to move out of her apartment. This time I completely understand the conflict and the tension so I am not stressed out about how it happened. But she and I handle things so very differently. It's not that I don't act like her now that I am old, I never acted as she does. She is very outspoken can can be heartless. I cannot relate.

The awesomeness is that I have been sticking to my calorie counts. Last night I actually had to make myself eat something - which may be the first time ever, definitely the first time in years that I have not wanted to stuff my face in time of stress. I went to Walmart with daughter and bought up all the cleaning supplies and made myself buy a microwave meal. I knew if I did not eat until I got back to my home I wold be ravenous and might make bad choices. Instead it was a chicken/broccoli/alfredo dinner. The condition in the apartment may have been a factor, because until we threw out a few things that the roomie left behind I could not eat in that space.

I am no clean freak, but certain things are just kept up always. Kitchen and bathrooms must be reasonably clean at my house. No dirty dishes overnight; solid bathroom cleaning weekly. (Still can't seem to get the grout looking clean tho.) I love, love, cats. BUT This young woman had brought a cat into the apartment. She did not do the maintenance you have to do with cat litter. The cat had seven kittens. Two of the kittens died due to the conditions they were kept in, in the roommates room. That was the last straw for my daughter. My daughter did all the cleaning. She refused to clean up anything in the kitchen for a while except her own activity and she finally broke down when there were no clean dishes or pots. Now there will be carpet cleaning, the couch may have to be thrown out. The bedroom looks like one of those episodes of hoarders where the people never throw out the trash. It felt like a Jerry Springer show.

I'm old. My kids are out of the house. I thought these were supposed to be the golden years. WTF.

rant over
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited June 2018
    @Snowflake1968 Belated Happy Anniversary. I loved seeing the before after pictures.

@Faebert - when does school let our for the summer???
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    JFT Thursday Recap
    1. Call dealership again :) FINALLY all set with an appointment, 2 months later...
    2. Log all food :) Prelogged :) and relogged after some unexpected errands popped up and changed plans
    3. Be kind :)
    4. Lots of water :)
    5. Eat within calories :)
    6. 15 Wall push ups every bathroom trip :) I FEEL STRONGER!!! :#
    7. Cook dinner at home :) Another new winning recipe! https://thewoksoflife.com/2016/04/15-minute-lazy-noodles/
    8. MEDS AM AND PM - INCLUDING SUPPLEMENTS :) Yaaaay! Need to take B-complex earlier in the evening, too many bathroom trips overnight, maybe it was just too much water but switching it up anyway.

JFT Friday
    1. Log all food :) Prelogged
    2. Lots of water
    3. Be kind
    4. Eat within calories - tomorrow is "20" day
    5. 10 Squats every bathroom trip
    6. Pick up spring mix on way home
    7. $ for dog daycare
    8. Work on 365 Days of Happiness - Want to have finished 1 week from today!
    9. Final clean before guests arrive
    10. Pay bills
    11. MEDS AM AND PM - INCLUDING SUPPLEMENTS!!!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,724 Member
    Checking in from Thursday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. Gym for training camp.
    2. Shower and take vitamins. Begin personal narrative.
    3. Daily Duolingo. Meditation. Read Pratchett. Take quiz. Fold laundry and put away. Put dishes away. Load & run dishwasher
    4. Find iron. Patch clothes. Pick up ring. Deposit money at bank. Check in with Y about student rates. Return book to library.
    5. Shoulder therapy. Chop more celery. Dinner - Plated 2. PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!!
    6. 6:30 kickboxing class. Prep lunch and pack for tomorrow. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:30. Alarm set for 7:00 for AM strength work.

JFT Friday
    1. Feed cats. Meds, teeth, tea. AM strength work (list to follow).
    2. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME WHY CAN'T I GET THIS PERSONAL NARRATIVE GOING? Ugh.
    3. Daily Duolingo. Read Pratchett. Take quiz. Put dishes away. Load & run dishwasher.
    4. Find iron. Patch clothes. Leave for park by 9:15.
    5. Chop more celery. Dinner - Plated 3. PF ends 6/23. MAKE SURE IT DOESN'T ROLL OVER!!
    6. Prep lunch and pack for tomorrow. Teeth flossed, rinsed, brushed; in bed by 9:30. Alarm set for 7:00 for AM strength work.

What exactly is a personal narrative? How is it used?
  • Snowflake1968
    AJB1014 wrote: »
    JFT Thursday Recap
    1. Call dealership again :) FINALLY all set with an appointment, 2 months later...
    2. Log all food :) Prelogged :) and relogged after some unexpected errands popped up and changed plans
    7. Cook dinner at home :) Another new winning recipe! https://thewoksoflife.com/2016/04/15-minute-lazy-noodles/
    8. MEDS AM AND PM - INCLUDING SUPPLEMENTS :) Yaaaay! Need to take B-complex earlier in the evening, too many bathroom trips overnight, maybe it was just too much water but switching it up anyway.

JFT Friday
    2. Lots of water
    3. Be kind
    7. $ for dog daycare
    10. Pay bills

Is this a planner or vision board type thing?
  • AJB1014
    JFT Thursday Recap

JFT Friday
    2. Lots of water
    3. Be kind
    7. $ for dog daycare
    10. Pay bills

Its an anniversary gift I do each year. 120 memories, 120 reasons I love you, 120 quotes/lyrics - toss em in a fish bowl and read one each day - or when we love each other but dont like each other so much :p I do a "Moment of Happiness Journal" throughout the year that makes the memories portion a little easier to do.
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Thursday June 14
    2L of Water - :) 1.5 L unless you count the pool water
    Stay in GREEN - :)
    Outside 15 Minutes - :)
    June Challenge - See Below
    Plank Challenge - 31.25
    Stretch Challenge - :)
    Write in Journal - :)
    Swim - Need to do otherwise no practice before final lesson - :) Yes, I am still struggling so hard with the breathing. There is another set of lessons coming up at the end of July. It is 8 lessons, but they are back to back 4 nights in a row for two weeks. I'm going to register for these lessons as well and continue to practice in the meantime.
    10 Something's at work - :| No, but mostly because I ended up being out of the office a lot
    Read site orders - :)

JFT - Friday June 15
    2L of Water
    Stay in GREEN
    Outside 15 Minutes
    June Challenge
    Plank Challenge
    Stretch Challenge
    Write in Journal
    Walk tonight?
    10 Something's at Work

June Challenge - I suck at this discipline!

Breakfast - I need to come up with some ideas for breakfast that I will actually eat. I don't like yogurt or oatmeal, I'm not a big fan of cereal. I have been having an egg Mcmuffin - no meat almost daily. 290 Calories is what I log, it's probably a little less because that includes the meat. I also have a medium coffee with 2 cream - 140 calories. So I'm already high by 9 in the morning. I had been doing well with breakfast, having tea with Stevia and no milk, and fruit. I've found this week I just haven't been able to bring myself to eat that.

Lunch - On top of a high calorie breakfast I decided for some reason to have a high calorie lunch. Coming back to the office, I had to pass a restaurant that originated from the East Coast. It is a fried chicken place, but they also have fish & chips which I love. So I stopped and grabbed a two piece on the way back to the office. Again way too many calories. I beat myself up for it while I was eating it, so didn't even really enjoy it.

Supper - I had decided that I would grab a pizza for my husband on the way home and I would just have some fruit and vegetables, I wasn't really hungry. Turns out I ended up running a last minute errand back into the city, got stuck in construction traffic and all of a sudden was hungry and thirsty. So I stop at Burger King. UGH! I had left the office at 4 to go home, got home changed and left immediately again, it was close to 7 by the time I actually made it home.

I couldn't force myself to sit with all of those extra calories that I had logged and already planned on swimming. I knew swimming wouldn't be enough to even out my calories for the day. I thought about a walk, but the black clouds were rolling in, so I did a Lesley Sasone 4 Mile Power Walk. Took a half hour break then went swimming. Came home from swimming and did my plank and stretch challenges that I am doing with some family members. I sat down to watch some tv and realized I actually was hungry, but I didn't want to add a lot of calories so I had some carrot sticks, a laughing cow cheese wedge and 7 Cheese Nip crackers. Everything got logged, and I ended up in the green but I don't feel it was a successful day at all as far as my eating went.

I don't feel 100% today, my stomach is rumbling and I know it's because of my extremely unhealthy day yesterday so I'm sure today will be much better, but I have to do that daily. I really need to come up with some meals that are healthier that I will like. I am such a fussy eater, I look and look on Pinterest and recipe pages but very few things appeal to me.

Ok, enough whining! Today is a new day, the sun is shining, it's Friday and I'll remain positive!
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT Thursday Recap

JFT Friday
    2. Lots of water
    3. Be kind
    7. $ for dog daycare
    10. Pay bills

Its an anniversary gift I do each year. 120 memories, 120 reasons I love you, 120 quotes/lyrics - toss em in a fish bowl and read one each day - or when we love each other but dont like each other so much :p I do a "Moment of Happiness Journal" throughout the year that makes the memories portion a little easier to do.

Oh, I think you have told me that before and I had forgotten. I love that idea. How long have you been married?
  • AJB1014
    JFT Thursday Recap

JFT Friday
    2. Lots of water
    3. Be kind
    7. $ for dog daycare
    10. Pay bills

Oh, I think you have told me that before and I had forgotten. I love that idea. How long have you been married?

I think you're right - I remember mentioning it here before but I've been working on it a while so I forget too! Engaged 1.5 years - we were supposed to get married this month but have been house hunting and money was tied up in that investment so a long engagement it is! I refer to him as DH here because its easier than fiance :p This month will be our 6 year anniversary.
  • toaljasa
    toaljasa Posts: 955 Member
    JFT Thursday Recap

JFT Friday
    2. Lots of water
    3. Be kind
    7. $ for dog daycare
    10. Pay bills

My son did this for his girl (now wife) one year. He wrote out 365 things that made her great/wonderful/lovely and cut them up and put them in a box for Christmas. Her mom later told me that her daughter read one each day. A relatively simple, certainly inexpensive gesture, that had a big impact.
  • toaljasa
    junodog1 wrote: »
    @Snowflake1968 Belated Happy Anniversary. I loved seeing the before after pictures.

@Faebert - when does school let our for the summer???
    junodog1 wrote: »
    toaljasa wrote: »
    Wednesday Weigh in...a day late and two pounds heavier!!!

Yes, I gained 2 whopping pounds! I have been fairly consistent and have logged my food and exercised, etc. So, maybe it is sodium or...just life! I refuse to let it bother me. I am NOT on a diet. I am on a health journey with dips and bumps amidst the support, tools, and determination.

Onward!

You did not gain two pounds. You are UP two pounds. Yes, it is semantics but in a case like this where you are just in a fluctuation that gaining two pounds talk is defeatist language. You are definitely our little groups biggest cheerleader this year and I won't have you talking about yourself that way. :flowerforyou:

So I'm reading this while looking at your picture...almost intimidating! I read you loud and clear and you are absolutely right...semantics can sometimes make a big difference and this is a case in point. I am up two pounds. Thank you for your loving admonishment and encouragement (the flower was a nice gesture :smile: )

Peace and joy, Junodog1.
  • toaljasa
    JFT, 6/15

Strength training (done)
    April Challenge---failed miserably at this yesterday. Am more mindful today. 6 cups water
    May Challenge---heading out when I finish this post
    June Challenge--- did well yesterday. Got half way through with dinner and realized I was done! So I put it in a container and the hubs took it to lunch.
    Log meals for today
    Pre-log for this weekend. I am taking the hubs to a brewfest 3 hours away for Father's day. I don't drink beer so I don't have to be concerned about racking up the calories for that...but I'm sure there will be eats amongst the many breweries that will be there. And I have reserved a place for dinner so I will prelog a couple of entrees etc. so I can go in with my eyes wide open!

Peace and joy.
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT Thursday Recap

JFT Friday
    2. Lots of water
    3. Be kind
    7. $ for dog daycare
    10. Pay bills

My son did this for his girl (now wife) one year. He wrote out 365 things that made her great/wonderful/lovely and cut them up and put them in a box for Christmas. Her mom later told me that her daughter read one each day. A relatively simple, certainly inexpensive gesture, that had a big impact.

Those types of gifts mean so much to the recipient. It shows a lot of thought and care went into it. My husband's birthday is in January so of course he rarely gets anything being so close to Christmas, but we try to do something to make him feel special. I remember one year my daughter was probably about 12-13 she took a gift box from Christmas and collected things that reminded her of her Father. She wrote a long letter that explained her reasoning for all of her items. It had a penny in it to show that he was always there supporting her financially, an empty bottle of his cologne and she described being hugged and his smell. I can't remember everything, but there was probably 15 items or so. He treasures that box, it's a massive one for all of the items that is in it, but we'll never get rid of it. She'll have it back someday :)
  • toaljasa
    Folks, we are at the half way mark for June. I have two words for us:
    4nwzs1jhos6b.png
  • Snowflake1968
    Folks, we are at the half way mark for June. I have two words for us:
    4nwzs1jhos6b.png

It is so insane how fast the year seems to be going!