Serial Starters

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,322 Member
    Good evening,

Website is having hiccups so this will be short. Went well into the red on calories (chips/tortilla chips) and I also made sure I got at least 15 additional minutes walking.

Hot here. Summer is just around the corner.

Stay cool and have a good night.
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Happy Anniversary Snowflake! That is a huge accomplishment! All the cleaning should count for exercise, today.. :)

Lana - welcome home! It's just a number... those 240's will be gone before you know it...

Sara- yucky weather here, too... maybe not as warm as you... definitely warmer than June normally is..

Definitely no walk, today. Air is thick, heavy, no fun...I did walk all dogs multiple times at work... so, few extra steps there...

May be back, later. Have a good evening..

https://DawnLeach.Scentsy.us/party/9352755
  • Tilliesmommy1
    edited June 2018
    d9i47yeaej4e.png

lets see if my knitted doll showed up..... yay! It may be the only one I make. I had extra time today and found little creatures (another baby due in Fall at work) to make in the HEAT of the summer....
  • arniedog74
    Love the doll Sara! So cute! Those are gifts to be cherished and remembered forever...
  • Tilliesmommy1
    THURSDAY

Good morning,

Tri tip sandwich at cafe - buying steak like that for one person is almost pointless so when the cafe serves tri tip I am in line. Coworker only eats one half of the bun, so maybe we can split a bun and save some calories (be in line at same time).

Not as hot which is appreciated. Air quality still marginal, so windows not open until tomorrow.

It was so hot here that getting my water in was not a problem yesterday. Will try and keep up the good water habit today.

Wave to all who follow. Lurking.....
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,824 Member

Sara - OMG you made that doll? How adorable!
    So sorry that the heat is affecting you. I guess it is officially summer and all of us are going to be battling the temperatures.

Today is cardiologist (routine testing) and then I will go pick up my new eyeglasses. Then unpack the huge suitcase. So, I should be getting in enough walking. My eye doctor appointment got moved to Monday. Bah.

BBL

Lana

240.2 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • Twiley510
    Twiley510 Posts: 377 Member
    I'm still here. Struggling. You all are the bright spot of my days.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana - as I was walking to work, I thought what if your apt got moved because someone really needed surgery? Nice to think they would shift schedules to fit you in if you had an emergency. Monday is not that far off......

Pat/Twiley - if you saw what I ate yesterday!! I had Greek yogurt and frozen blueberries for dinner and that was it. The bowls of chips are still here and right now I am ignoring them, I am thinking of my lunch tri- tip and cheedar sandwich with carmelized onions........ potato chips are airy pieces of grease by comparison. Glad to know we keep some sunshine in your world. Find a small thing to do today - I have walked 5-15 minutes extra each day, not life altering, but something.

At work :s
  • arniedog74
    Yesterday was one of my better eating days, no walking, but more steps at work. Yet, the scale is showing 2lbs heavier. Hmmmm... this is why I get frustrated... dumb numbers
  • LanaCabana537

So far today: apple for breakfast; big hunk of salmon from salad bar for lunch, with some watered down orange juice.

Don't feel good mentally though.
    Time to get the cattle prod to get myself back out there to get the new eyeglasses. I hate walking through the Times/Duffy Square tourist madness....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    2gxnccvno0xf.png

c5jtpdaqrqsu.png

back to the grind stone, hope this helps people who are thinking "a little isnt enough".
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Lana - new eyeglasses= new attitude....... getting in extra steps too. sorry I dont think "walking through madhouse" will get your more calories burned on MFP.... but then I dont usually enter it as activity......
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Yesterday was one of my better eating days, no walking, but more steps at work. Yet, the scale is showing 2lbs heavier. Hmmmm... this is why I get frustrated... dumb numbers

I don't know if I will ever understand the scale. On Monday I was 185, yesterday and today 189.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    Have not had the best week exercise wise this week, I need to get this corrected so am going swimming tonight. I had a meeting downtown today, I hate the parking or lack thereof that exists down there and I wasn't in a very good part of town. However, I found a place where I could park for 2 hours free so I did it and walked 10 minutes each way to my meeting. A few steps is better than none.

• LanaCabana537

Hi Girls~~

Got the new eyeglasses - what a relief to not have to look through scratches, etc.
    I looked at my phone thing, and it says so far today I walked 2.7 miles.
    This is good considering I somehow got into a few too many Dove chocolates. They are going into the freezer now.

Sara - thank you for posting those two inspirational sayings. They are gems.

Snowflake - the swimming sounds really good. Water is healing, I think.

Waving to all who stop by late on.....

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    FRIDAY

Good morning.

TGIF!! Work assignments now have me with additional work I have never done before. So the lady whose work I got (dont worry, she got some of mine and from another coworker), gave me her list of appeal addresses she collected. It will be like shaking a snow globe for awhile for many of us at work. Complaining does nothing so toddle on.

Cafe lunch will be the baked potato and chili with a little cheese.

Lana - how are the new glasses color wise? I know they are always stronger at first. In my case I had such eye strain from wearing wrong glasses that it was a relief. Great walking yesterday. Are the chocolates in the freezer to eat cold or for them to be off the counter??

Dog is up and fed, I need to go make breakfast/ set up snacks. I usually do that first, all works out.

Wave to all who follow. TGIF
  • hickchic67
    hickchic67 Posts: 802 Member
    Lana - i have new glasses as well. progressives with transitions from doctor, computer blue blocking from Zenni, and polarized distance vision sunglasses. what a difference in being able to see!!! LOL good to hear you had a good cruise!

Dawn - you are right, new glasses=new attitude! sorry your family is going through such drama. i dont think any family is immune to it when someone, especially a matriarch or patriarch, passes. they are usually the glue that holds the family together or at least keeps family civil.

Sara - that doll is adorable! i think you are a superwoman knitter! wish we had a cafe at work. nothing here but vending machines. have to go off post to get something.

snowflake - happy anniversary! 31 years is quite the accomplishment. sometimes it seems like road construction projects last longer than some marriages these days! congrats! the majority of my shoes are all heels and stilettos. i think it has to do with a spinal cord injury i had when in college - first they said i wouldn't be able to walk without assistance, but I did. then they said i could never wear heels, but i do. maybe its not so much a passion but a little bit of spite! LOL

saltine - there is always tomorrow! just dont throw in the towel when something goes awry!

will be refinishing & staining the deck this weekend. have been getting most exercise from working on landscaping projects. the heat is killer but we need to get it finished before rain starts again.

discovered when i log my meals as they occur, i do pretty well with rarely a day in the red. however, on the days i do not track, then go back and do it - nearly always in the red. Wednesday, MIL in hospital. spent most of day there with DH and family. even when i thought i was making healthier choices, my calories were waaayyyy over.

well, back to lurking from work.....

*waves hi to everyone who drops in*
    *snapping fingers for Cboys to bring a round of zero calorie/full flavor drinks for everyone*
  • LanaCabana537
    edited June 2018
    Good morning All~

Sara - the chocolates are in the freezer wrapped in another bag, so that I would forget I had them. It worked until I came here to the boards. However, today is so busy with Do List items, that I likely will forget again. Good.
    Sorry to hear about the "snowglobes" at work. Soldier on Brave Lady!

Kathryn - Roger that on all the eyeglasses stuff.
    Good luck redoing the deck.
    Is MIL still in hospital or now at home?

Waves to all who stop by later. Do List is very long today. I should clock some miles though!

Cabana Boy TFIG Happy Hour today. Conga Dance Lessons (with pets invited) - double activity points/calories!

*tossing hat and towel onto favorite lounge chair*

Lana

239.0 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • izenzo
    izenzo Posts: 57 Member
    Happy Friday.
    I've been keeping busy this summer, so I haven't caught up on reading our blog. So here's my update.

My veggie garden is starting to have some baby veggies starting to grow.

Three weeks into my Sumner break and I'm down 6. Averaging 2 pounds a week. B)

In another week, hubby and I have a road trip vacay. This will be a true test. 15 hrs in the car, starting out at 3am that morning. Going to need to pack meals and snacks. Anybody have some tips or go-to snacks?
  • LanaCabana537
    izenzo wrote: »
    Happy Friday.
    I've been keeping busy this summer, so I haven't caught up on reading our blog. So here's my update.

My veggie garden is starting to have some baby veggies starting to grow.

Three weeks into my Sumner break and I'm down 6. Averaging 2 pounds a week. B)

In another week, hubby and I have a road trip vacay. This will be a true test. 15 hrs in the car, starting out at 3am that morning. Going to need to pack meals and snacks. Anybody have some tips or go-to snacks?

Izenzo - congrats on your great progress!!

My go to car trip snacks are
    apples or cherries or grapes
    Clif Bars or any chewy thing that has nutrition on it
    Cheese sticks for protein
    baby carrots - they really don't need to be refrigerated. They look at me and remind me--no junk! LOL.

Have a good time~~

Lana