Serial Starters

Replies

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,718 Member
    One of my friends sent this to me, and it's too good not to share. Happy Friday everyone!
    gjt0jw8z65kp.png
  • arniedog74
    arniedog74 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Snowflake - that's perfect and so very true... for me at least...hehe
  • arniedog74
    Well... if I wasn't a mess before... this morning at work, I climbed up on counter to get some paper towels... went about my business... awhile later, I went to the restroom and when I pulled my jeans up, I noticed something seemed off...I thought I had something in my pant leg... so, I pulled my pant leg up and my knee has a "ball" on it... best way to describe it. It's big enough, you can see it thru my jeans. So, I am doing my best to ice it. We've been so busy at work that it's been hard. On lunch now, so icing. The Dr at work thinks I broke a blood vessel. Ugh...I am such a mess...haha
  • Snowflake1968
    arniedog74 wrote: »
    Well... if I wasn't a mess before... this morning at work, I climbed up on counter to get some paper towels... went about my business... awhile later, I went to the restroom and when I pulled my jeans up, I noticed something seemed off...I thought I had something in my pant leg... so, I pulled my pant leg up and my knee has a "ball" on it... best way to describe it. It's big enough, you can see it thru my jeans. So, I am doing my best to ice it. We've been so busy at work that it's been hard. On lunch now, so icing. The Dr at work thinks I broke a blood vessel. Ugh...I am such a mess...haha

That sounds painful? Hopefully it's nothing too serious
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,325 Member
    izenzo - if you have a small cooler, string cheese. hardboiled eggs and pretzels.
  • tlsb2016
    tlsb2016 Posts: 307 Member
    Izenzo, you’ve gotten some great suggestions. I also like a couple of cereals - Oat Meal Squares and Cheerios. But here’s my big advice: get snack-size plastic bags (smaller than sandwich bags) and separate whatever you bring into one-serving bags. That way, you won’t be tempted to eat the entire bag of pretzels or whatever, and you’ll be able to track your snacks more effectively. And have fun!

Hi everyone else - had today off and it’s a gorgeous Friday in the Nation’s Capital. Unfortunately, I have a nasty virus - sore throat and congested nose/sinuses. Still got out and even enjoyed a short boat tour on the Potomac River.

Happy weekend all,

Tess
  • arniedog74

That sounds painful? Hopefully it's nothing too serious

Thank you...It actually doesn't hurt at all. It looks painful. After keeping ice on it for about 30 minutes, it looks a bit better. At home now and ice on it, again. I think it will be better, tomorrow. Doc (at work) thinks it will be stiff. I'm always doing something...
  • arniedog74
    I need some thoughts. SO's cousin has gone downhill, drastically. They've given him days. We moved in here so SO could be caregiver. He has been sole caregiver since Jan, Hospice only comes twice a week. We had an agreement, we would pay rent to his sister, after his passing. She was down last Sat and, exact words, "Consider the house yours" SO thought she was giving house to us. I was not so sure. Today, she asked SO how much we could afford. I'm ok with paying rent, but insurance and property tax should not fall on us, correct? I just don't know. SO had tried to get cousin to sign paperwork, as far as to what we would pay or be responsible for. He never did, now he can not. I'm almost to the point, I think we need to find a way to move. I don't feel this is going to be a good situation, as long as the sister is involved. No matter what she says. I just don't get a very good feeling from her. I hate to say that, I just don't.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    NSV - I have walked 5-10 minutes extra every day this week so minimum of 35 minutes of walking.

Will sew up baby blanket for lady I hope to gift tomorrow.

Dawn - two things, 1) things needs to be in writing before anything starts with the house/rent/insurance/taxes all of it. Need to sit down with sister and create a written agreement - copies made for both parties - get notarized if necessary. 2) have a one on one with SO BEFORE meeting with sister - does he want to stay there? Is he as uncomfortable as you? If so, make your agreement short term, like 6 months and then start looking for your next place. You are feeling iffy about it, and need more stability, if SO is in agreement it will take time to find next place instead of jumping from the frying pan into the fire......Just my 2 cents.

Wishing all a good evening.
  • arniedog74
    Sara- great NSV... every step counts!
    SO didn't feel same as I do, until today. I really think he was completely blindsided. He wants to stay in the house, but wants the option to buy. Mainly, because we don't know what will happen when the sister passes. Even though, she seems in good health and only in her 50's, maybe. But, anything can happen. SO is just going to leave it until cousin passes, then he wants to sit down and talk with her. I just don't know why she wouldn't at least want to sell us the house. Who enjoys being a landlord? Thank you for your 2 cents. It's a lot of what I was thinking. Just good to hear someone else's thoughts.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,835 Member
    I need some thoughts. SO's cousin has gone downhill, drastically. They've given him days. We moved in here so SO could be caregiver. He has been sole caregiver since Jan, Hospice only comes twice a week. We had an agreement, we would pay rent to his sister, after his passing. She was down last Sat and, exact words, "Consider the house yours" SO thought she was giving house to us. I was not so sure. Today, she asked SO how much we could afford. I'm ok with paying rent, but insurance and property tax should not fall on us, correct? I just don't know. SO had tried to get cousin to sign paperwork, as far as to what we would pay or be responsible for. He never did, now he can not. I'm almost to the point, I think we need to find a way to move. I don't feel this is going to be a good situation, as long as the sister is involved. No matter what she says. I just don't get a very good feeling from her. I hate to say that, I just don't.

Dawn, I think that you and your SO should agree on how much you are able to spend per month on anywhere that you live. Then see 1) whether the sister will accept this amount as rent AND 2) whether there are any other places to rent for that amount. Then decide.

What is going to happen to all of the cousin's belongings in the house? Was it just his house or was it a family house that has parents' stuff too? I don't need answers, but these are worth considering.

Also I hope that your knee gets better without too much fuss.

Hugs,
    Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Dawn - I somehow missed seeing Sara's advice before posting mine. She is on the ball better than I am---she has thought of many, many good points to consider.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537

Tess - I hope you get rid of that virus very soon! Hand it off to someone else....LOL!

Lana
  • Snowflake1968
    I think it depends on the circumstances. We are in a rent to own situation with a friend. We bought as is from her and took over everything. This is all in writing two documents one for each. We took into account what happens if we pass or she passes before it’s officially ours too. If it’s just going to be a rental and she will later sell I don’t think you should be responsible for property taxes. Did the cousin put anything in a will that you might not know about yet? If it’s not an urgent situation I would go along with SO and wait until after the inevitable to discuss. If you feel you’ll be kicked out on the street as soon as cousin passed it needs to be discussed now.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tess - go hug one of the cabana boys and let him take your virus from you. I say that only because my last foot massage from the cboys was not long enough and I am being childish!!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Dawn re-read Snowflake - did the cousin put anything in the will?? If sister starts quoting the will, ask to see it......
  • Tilliesmommy1
    SATURDAY

Good morning,

The woman delivered 50 bags for Chemotherapy patients yesterday with books/coloring books/crayons/socks/pad for safety belt on car/ other items I cannot see in pictures. Will offer again to knit/crochet something next time she does this (once a year).

Baby hat knitting and may try and start the little kindness monster pattern at some point today.

Temps good for housecleaning and trips to garbage bin.

Trying not to get too bored with food, so one set of meals will be sweet potato shepherds pie (will use square cake pan, need to buy casserole dish)- dont know yet about the rest.

Back for more zzz with any luck. Wave to all who follow. BBL.
  • LanaCabana537

Sara - I'm curious to know about the little kindness monster pattern. Once you've gotten into it, please post a photo? Thank you for being a part of those cheer-up bags of gifts for the patients.

Will be back later in the day. Waves to all who stop by later~~

Lana

239.4 today
    250.0 highest
    185.0 goal
  • arniedog74
    Thank you all... lots of things I didn't consider, but good to have in my pocket. I honestly don't know anything about a will. I do know, he put SO's name on a few items, but said it would be with sisters permission. I could be wrong, but he probably didn't think his sister would cause any issues. It is his home he bought with his late wife about 4 years ago. She is supposed to be here any time and wants to have dinner with us... she has never done that before, so I'm kinda worried about that...we shall see... after all this family stuff, I'm very thankful for being an only child and terrified just as well...

Tess - good vibes your way!

Sara - I would like to see kindness monster as well...

Lana - back in the 30's! You go girl!

Not sure what is up for tonite... I'll be back at some point and tell you if I need some bail money...hehe
  • LanaCabana537

Dawn - Wow this drama is growing by the hour! Now help me out here because I think that the spell checker might have had its way with your post: it says "It is his home he bought with his LATE wife about 4 years ago. She is supposed to be here any time and....."
    Is she his ex-wife or a ghost? Sorry if I am irreverent. It made me chuckle.

Sara and Dawn - I googled "little kindness monster pattern" and OMG they are so amazingly CUTE!

Lana